Weird plant picture thread

That looks like Mr.Greengenes 79’ Maui Wowie aka Cherry Bomb.

1 Like

Another odd one…

10 Likes

It looks like something was trying to strip the finger off but stopped half way.

2 Likes

I thought the plant was flipping me off or something lol. :joy:

1 Like

I love weird plant mutations lol. Having so many plants to tend to, I have been seeing a lot of them. Thought this one was pretty good. :slight_smile:

odd-leaf

5 Likes

That was a great plant Id love to get my hands on some beans of that!

Found this little guy…it has 3 stems from ever node…still even

Kinda wierd…very common i hear

8 Likes

what was the yield on that one plant? that is crazy

Panama Red x Medicine Man

Just 3 weeks from planting seeds. The tallest plant in back is just 17 days above ground and has a full cluster of balls working. Chopped it 3 days later as it was about to bust a nut any day.

Ever had a male plant so impatient?

6 Likes

I found two phenos in my lebanese sinatra “donut shop” f2 seedlings that grew a five blade true leaf on the second node which stands straight up, like an umbrella above the plant, appearing as if it is the main stem.
The actual apical growth points are on the first node. one is forming a quad branching pattern, the other has one growth point with multiple shoots coming out of it.
It’s like they have a sense of humor.

The genetics are (dank sinatra [78 LA affy x 88g13hp] x pure lebanese) f2. I didn’t get a photo before planting them outdoors, but I’ll snap one next time I have my camera outside.

3 Likes

I’ve been working with a webbed leaf for a few years now…Recently I’ve crossed my Genesis Autoflower that I’ve created with my webbed leaf photoperiod…I am now running f2’s to stabilize two recessive traits at once…Autoflowering and Webbed leaf…Approx 1 in 16 plants should show both traits…I’ve already identified the webbed leaf progeny…now to see which ones autoflower? What I’ll do to expand the genes is breed the f2’s that show both traits…with those that show just the Autoflower as 75% of these should still have the webbed leaf hidden in their genotypes…F3 should show a good portion of what I want…
Purpose of this is to breed a stealth plant you can pretty much grow anywhere aimed at those who live in non Cannabis friendly areas… :slight_smile:

• and look what appeared in the f2’s…a crinkled leaf trait…not sure if this is a genetic trait or nute sensitivity…Since I havent really fertilized I suspect its genetic…Here’s some snaps of the f2’s …Notice the variation…Wow!image image image image image image image
10 Likes

That second pic you could plant mint or cat nip in with it and NO ONE would be the wiser…well “most” people! Slick job man…looks like your having fun!

2 Likes

You bet bandit…
Lots of fun…In fact, I think this generation is an excellent method to reinforcing Mendel’s genetic outcomes…(training growers)
The phenotypes are so varied…Wavy (Almost DJ Short Blueberry), crinkled leaf, Maple Leaf, and Regular leaves…but anticipated outcomes are close.
Last round I bred in the Autoflower trait too, which for me is exciting living in central Canada…25% of this batch (F2’s) with show the Autoflower trait…f3’s will bring stability for two traits…but at least 3 phenotypes for leaf shape…perhaps “codominant” traits?

Previous generations were used to bump THC potential: including GG4.
This is the type of strain I think growers will gravitate to where cannabis is not yet legalized.
but…like every breeding project…still working on it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

These are two months old crazy so tinny

3 Likes

4 Likes

The webbed Cannabis is coming along…three notable leaf structures standing out…Ruffled leaves…and two different, very crinkled…One more Maple Leaf looking…the other is wide.

image image image

8 Likes

Too bad they dont make crinkly buds… in veg that looks nothing like cannabis. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

Chuckle…agreed…
At least you get a 2 month reprieve in hiding :slight_smile:

1 Like

You may have seen my pic in other threads, just saw there is one devoted to Weird Plant Pics. This was off my last plant, Jack F1 from Spliff Seeds. It was only one bottom branch. Grew leafy and hairy. Double flower.

Edit: I messed up. Please see my post about this farther down.

18 Likes

Crazy! Looks really cool!

2 Likes

That’s a polyploid…
Did you take a cutting to experiment with?

2 Likes