Weird plant picture thread

that looks like a caterpillar - i bet that was interesting to smoke

5 Likes

I was pretty much just like the rest. Really leafy but also really hairy. It was interesting!

2 Likes

Interesting you say that. The very bottom branches threw a few three branched polyploid sets of leaves. I clipped them because they would have just been popcorn.

My new Spliff Seeds Lemon Cream Kush strain is doing the same double on one flower. I wasn’t going to say anything until it was pretty enough to pose for a pic. I did take a cut of this. It’s Chitrali landrace crossed with Skunk 1.

6 Likes

This is the finished, cured flower.

It truly was heavy in “sugar” leaf. When I was trimming, I felt like I was shearing a lawn. No sugar On the leaves though.

7 Likes

Very cool Lunash…
Have you tried it yet?
Looks great…:+1:

2 Likes

The correct term is whorled phyllotaxy. While this trait may be seen in polyploid plants, it would take genetic testing to determine if it indeed had more than two sets of chromosomes.

It’s a pretty cool trait, most plants will grow out of it eventually. I had a Jilly Bean plant fo that on me before.

7 Likes

Everyone got me curious so I did try it. It was the same as the rest. The rest was very good though. Spliff has very good genetics.

2 Likes

What does this ? I have a girl scout cookie extreme clone with leaves, that look just like this. To be more specific, what makes that deep wrinkled waves leafs

2 Likes

Ive had calyxes grow at the end of petiole/base of the leaf on a plant before. Probably weirdest thing I have seen.

1 Like

I have made a humiliating mistake here with this picture. I was researching polyploids today because I have another growing on my new plant. The picture I posted here came up in the images under the Google search. This is not my picture. I must have saved it to my phone when I initially was researching it. It has been a considerable amount of time since I grew it.

I admittedly was surprised at how good my photo looked and how large the flower was. I was, obviously, medicated. I have this grow on Grow Diaries so I got the real pic from there that I am posting here now.

Proper credit for this image goes to Philosopher’s Seeds. Here is the link to the article it is in:

https://www.philosopherseeds.com/blog/en/genetic-mutations-cannabis/

Again, I am embarrassed and begging forgiveness :pray:

For what its worth, this is the pic I took. Obviously, the dried flower I posted was mine.

9 Likes

For what it’s worth, this is a pic of my current double flower

12 Likes

two heads are better than one!

3 Likes

Lunash…
So not sure what to make of this revelation?
You’re a great grower…but challenged when using an iphone?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Heck…I’ve accidentally deleted some of my best snapshots with my clumsy sausages…

Kudos…

1 Like

Ha! I just hate lying, and I was devastated that I finally got back on this site (my original learning site back in the day) and shared something that I thought was mine. I had to tell the truth! Our reputations are all we have in life.

1 Like

16 leaf

12 Likes

Lunash

“I hate lying”

I agree 100%! My word is my bond…and it wont be compromised…

That said, for you, it was not intended…thus not a lie…just an honest mistake😉.

Cheers

2 Likes

This one went weird after the rootball was roasted in 110f direct sunlight. Noob year. My bad.

Cut open rootball…stank like farm ass. :laughing:

5 Likes

Unfortunately this turned out to be a male

How was it finally, good or bad? :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Does this count?

2 Likes