Welcome to the Jungle

Easy to do with fish tank parts. I can get seed to 6th node in 3-4 weeks then top and veg the first new node and flower. Week off every plant gives me several extra cycles a year.

1 Like

I may have to look at doing that some time the future. That’s an awesome time save and space saver. You could have a 2x4 just for moms basically. Outstanding bit of genius on many threads here. Kind, giving people. I feel like I’ve missed out the last 17 years.

I just need more likes, it seems like I’m always out!

Edit: your handle is so fitting, your instigating me to take on some projects!

2 Likes

Wait til you see my next project, been named the “Can Traption” 40 gallon trash can 2 plant vertical trellace with an LED suspended in the middle so every kola is 12” from light. Trying to find a strain that’s Viney, think I’ll pull out my old GG4 JW for fat frosty 30% plant that grows like a wild weed.

5 Likes

That will be interesting! What’s after that? Maybe a Ferris Wheel of growing plants? Dig it.

Shooting for something a newbie or med user could grow enough yield from 2 clones to keep them stocked and not running out after first cycle (16-18 weeks. Have seen large 8 ‘ x 6’ dude could walk in to trim and trellace4 plants did over 15 lbs.

2 Likes

I might have the perfect seeds for the Can Trapsion.

1 Like

Oh wait…you have them . Try that Silver Haze…I think you got some.

6 Likes

What’s the flower time on that? Sativa dominant I assume?

1 Like

How does she take training?

1 Like

Twist it like a pretzel. I’ll check my notes on finish time. Be right back.

1 Like

Yeah they have great lateral branching, the platinum Pineapple F4 is a consistent grower and also has straight long laterals for filling every hole with a top.

3 Likes

I went 12/12 from seed. If my notes are correct 10 weeks total . Though I may have whacked it early. When i grew that indoors it was my first T5 ho 432 watt. Too much heat not nuff light.

3 Likes

I take the GG around 75, so could put them in together.

2 Likes

Ok guys time to rev this thread back up for the new year. Had a lot on the plate this, my first full year on OG. Went from shutdown, to booked through the summer with the business. That has kept me out of the garden a bit but it’s hard to realize that this whole deep plunge into the foundations of Cannabis started with one single Purple Thai bag seed only a year ago.

So far I have added to my ‘Grew Dat’ list most of the landrace and early hybrids I recall from back in the days of my youth. I have worked my way through the Thai strains that have always drawn me in with their exotic herbal tastes and medicinal value to my condition.

I also have the three way Chocolate Thai preservation that is ongoing. I have several small fully seeded plants finishing their 90 day schedule and drying for seed shucking. These plants have been a challenge all around. Bad germ on first batch and low vigor plants that stall as soon as they are pollinated. I think the single light in the room is too little for them as the test plant did pretty well but foxtailef and had loose airy buds although good size. Tastes and smells of a few testers were earthy coffee and unsweetened coco. I have the final F put aside and have two clones going. Plan is to veg these 3 for a month and use saved mix of pollen to open pollinate for a final batch of seed as I see a lot of pale in the smaller plants.

First cycle for this season is a few Thai hybrids , DTHFII, Full Moon and Black Willie for breeding and a mix of some creations from last years Brutal Paw collection x’s with Pineapple Thai, Blue Mntn x LB x CG, Purple Thai. Also a few members are running testers of the JD collection of Black Pearl x’s and I WELCOME them to post pics and comments here as always.

11 Likes

You’ve done alot of great work in a year bro. Knowing that it’s only been a year makes it that much more impressive. Good for you for showing newbies what can be accomplished with a little OG know how.

4 Likes

Wow only a year.,I thought you were a grizzled vet!

2 Likes

Since starting the perpetual I like to start a batch of seeds twice a month usually on the fifth and twentieth that way I’m always dropping and harvesting on 4/20. This weeks contenders for the 2021 jungle challenge are:

These are the final batch for last year some testers of my own stuff and a few possible cultivars:
Brutal Paw first x’s
Purple Thai first x’s
Full Moon
DUrban Thai High Flier II
Black Willie
GG4 JW
Exodus Cheese UK

The GG4 and Exodus are bud runs for my strongest MEDS so I have been pinching, chopping and flopping, they are a week into flip and neither are showing sex. Ex is a cut and GG Is an S1, I count 16 tops ready to start racing to the lights on Queen Kong and the Exodus is a natural shrub.

9 Likes

Testers of the Full Moon (larger) and a DTHFII of the 90 day variety.

9 Likes

Day 1 for the Queen Kong And Mayor McCheese. Moved them back from the light training nodes are bunched nice with only about 6-8” stretch over first ten days. Put them back from around 18” (2 - 1250 HPS) to about 36” to let them stretch out. Switching to flower nutes tomorrow, let’s see what happens. May pot up too 3 gallons before watering tommorow, looking for 4-5’ bushes with a SOG flat top.

12 Likes

what they in now 1 1/2 gallon?

thanks

1 Like