Well here it is my first grow in over a decade

Lil update can see some differences compared to 3 days ago what y’all think

6 Likes

Debating deleafing the fan leaves Just can’t really decide if it’s worth it or not

7 Likes

Update did some very minor trimming less than 20 leaves total on all 11 plants.

8 Likes

I’ve heard it’s not neccessary to defoliate outdoor plants because the sun can penetrate all the way through the canopy…but you may be the exception. With your plants being in a greenhouse, living in somewhat tight conditions, they may benefit!

I only do indoor due to our short summer. We get end of June to about the end of August. Once September hits our nights and mornings are just too cold…growth basically haults. But I do heavy defoliating before flower and up to 3-4 weeks into flower and stop.

Best of luck to you!!
Wishing you weight and great smoke!

5 Likes

Awesome insight. I use a light meter and I definitely am losing light near the bottom, but I’m pretty tight like u said, and already under diffused light. I didn’t trim much but a few of the leaves sitting directly ontop of secondary buds sites near the top

3 Likes

I take it you’re east coast Canada? If so, when do you plan to harvest?..I thought you guys got winter a lot earlier than the prairies.

Green house has heat😎. I’ll harvest when they’re ready

2 Likes

But middle October I’m hoping if they’re not done then they’re going inside to finish

1 Like

Survived hurricane Dorian without any damage

13 Likes

My first side by side 2 weeks apart

8 Likes

Night shot

9 Likes

Do night flash shots present a light stress, reveg risk?

2 Likes

Nah, it’s so brief they won’t notice. Some people are really casual about going into their room with lights for a few minutes during dark time and it doesn’t seem to have an effect.

Its constant light during dark that seems to herm them. That said it’s bad practice to ever let them see light at night! You can also use a green light to work in the room at night as the plants don’t see that, you can get a phone app that makes green light.

@Santacruz they’re chunking out now! I used to never defoliate, but now I do anything that’s blocking a lower bud or looks like it might effect airflow. 20 leaves is no problem, they seem to like it

5 Likes

Here it is the big 2 week update

9 Likes

I love the before and after shots!!! Always fun when you can see the weight piling on!!!
Great job!!!

2 Likes

Its awesome first time playing with photos but I’m getting the hang of it.

2 Likes

It seems since my plants are outdoor “city” plants, they have already adapted to ambient light sources ie… street lights, tv’s, a quick inside light. Well, at least I hope so… and, I don’t have a choice. lol

5 Likes

It’s just like autos, only like 5 months longer outdoors. :joy:

4 Likes

Ya it’s strange they seem to react differently to light indoors or out. I mean the moon can be almost like daylight some nights and they don’t seem to mind at all.

4 Likes

I meant with pictures lol I’m not a big photographer now almost all the pics on my phone that aren’t memes are pot pics lol

3 Likes