Well, I'm still alive.. Lots of changes 'round here

Where to begin?

Well, lets just start with I am checking in, and I doubt I will be hanging around like I once did. Still have a bitter taste from some overstepping mods, but I’m gonna let sleeping dogs lie, and not go down that path again. Ultimately not my loss really, I miss busting balls with a few homies, but its not worth my sanity ultimately.

So, I took almost a year off. Tried to get my life on some sort of track, and whenever that happens it seems like I find out just how many possible tangents there are to that friggen track. Worked as an Amazon driver over the winter, and will NEVER do that again. The DSP program shields Amazon from workers laws, but the DSP’s are just beating the shit outta their drivers. Turnover is so bad that when I left 7 months in, not a single driver who was there when I started, was still there when I left. I shoulda left sooner, but they terminated me for backing into a driveway and “hitting” some racist pricks car (mind you, I wasn’t even within 18" almost 24" away), asked the boss to review the cams (there’s like 8 of them on an amazon van) and he just said “customers always right”. Well, unemployment sided with me, so I got a summer to try something else.

Ended up taking and passing my real estate salesperson license. (Realtors are actually a trade group of salespeople, can’t call myself a realtor unless I pay their dues). My GF did it two months before me, and things looked good till the summer when it dried up. Lots of demand, but little supply as people dont wanna sell for less than a premium now, and market price is all people are willing to pay. SO. I changed gears… AGAIN. Why pay nearly $2k in fees (various associations I NEED to join, plus realtors actually pay their realty company to work there, and only get commission on sales). No money coming in, can’t justify my GF already spending that, making nothing on it so far, and me dumping in even more money to make nothing.

Why am I not in FL yet? GF’s pops health issues. And its driving me nuts. And stressing the shit outta the relationship I have with her. Lots of other issues there, lets just say that needs to be tidied up someway soon, and leave it at that. Stuck here in joisey for now.

So, what have I been up to? Took down my room and my tents in anticipation of listing the house for sale. When that fell through, I put up a tent because I still enjoy growing (even though I absolutely have no need for more weed with my stockpile). So I keep my OG Frankenstein mom going, and decide to do a little seed making. @Hydro921 had given me some Bazooka Boss F2’s that were an auto/photo cross, and asked me to seperate out the autos. Currently have 9 photos that just got flipped (might as well finish them for buds), and 9 autos (4 males, 5 females) that are busy making seeds for a few weeks now. The males are still producing pollen, but it is slowing down, and the females are clearly loaded with seeds. This is an open pollenation between those 9 plants only, and should produce a crop of Bazooka Boss F3 Autos. No photo males have been noted yet, and no females yet either (only on 12/12 for a couple days now), but photo males will be hacked on sight. Once the females start to show pistils, the auto males will be chopped (having had 2+ weeks to pollenate the auto ladies). As I said, they are slowing down on the pollen production, so their end is near anyway.

In other news, I lost my best bud this summer. My pup, Loki, had a splenic mass that ruptured, and it was all really sudden with no warning. We didnt even know he had a mass till it was too late. Spent $21k in the emergency room for spleen removal and dialysis, and we still lost him. That put me in a deep hole for a bit, this literally was the best dog I have ever owned, the closest bond I ever had with an animal. It hurt… ALOT… We had gotten another dog, a rescued boxer girl named Stella, last October just after I stopped coming on OG. Loki was instrumental in bringing her out of her shell, she really trusted him. They quickly became best buds, and you could see her opening up and trusting us as well. Sadly, when we lost Loki, she regressed practically to day 1. She didn’t trust anybody once again, didn’t want to go out the front door (the door Loki never returned from), and you could see she was depressed.

The GF found another pup just one week after losing Loki. I wouldn’t have ever considered getting another so soon, give me some time to grieve please… But this really was for Stella, she needed another 4 legged pal in the house. Strangely enough, the new pup was also a rescue from the same place we rescued Loki from… And the new pup had the same boots (3 low, 1 high) on his paws, and the painted white tail tip. AND… The new pup was ALSO named Loki (and had been for 2 years with his previous owner before being surrendered due to a work move). So can’t just re-name him, he’s known that name for 2 years now. A friend suggested a minor spelling change, and it was brilliant, so the new pups name is Lokii (the two i’s, ie. roman numeral II) for Loki II. Sold me on the idea instantly. He’s a bit different from the pups I’ve normally had, usually get boxers or boxer mixes, and this guys a Catahoula leopard x Rottweiler. TOTAL herding dog. But he quickly brought Stella back to herself, and he brought us some smiles as well. I’ll never be able to replace Loki, nor would I want to, but I will say that Lokii is a worthy successor to Loki… He’s a good goofball, and we’re still working with him as we haven’t had him two months yet.

So thats where I am at. I know I dropped off the face of the earth for some of you, and I apologize. I needed to focus 110% on myself to get shit done, and really stepped away from tech, phones, computers, etc to get it done. Not there yet, but making progress…

That brings us to today… I accepted a job last week… Wont be starting for 4-6 weeks because the state takes forever, but I will be working as a cultivation tech, growing cannabis :smiley: And my parents said that was a skill I would never use. ROFL… I have an aquaintance in the company who has said there’s quick advancement there,and well, I enjoy actually growing the plant, so this should be good. Pay is OK, but its entry level. Could be in management in 9 months with better pay. A foot in the door is a good start :slight_smile: The hours are great, 40 a week and out early enough to do shit in the afternoon. STILL, in the end I can now say… I grow cannabis for a living… And in a few weeks will actually be DOING just that. This could get interesting with a 30k+ sq ft facility with multiple grows :smiley:

56 Likes

hey man, cant say anything about the mods cus this is the only forum i tend to agree with them…

but everything else: dude i hope things look better for you, amazon driver sounds exactly like you put it, and about your first Loki story is awful, im sorry you went thru that.

but then, congrats on the job seems like it will be exciting to follow up on, and a great opportunity to get back on the saddle. weve all been there (or are there) specially given this forum-s nature.

2 Likes

Wow, that was a mouthful bud.
Glad to see you back. It’s sad to hear about the loss of your friend. Our fur babies are just that. And having lost one recently, I can understand the pain of your loss. Until we meet again, right?
I’m happy to hear that your life seems to be getting back on track. Plus, a favorable employment opportunity ta boot!:slightly_smiling_face:
Don’t be a stranger.
Much love!
:peace_symbol::heart:

5 Likes

It is absolutely awesome to see you back here! :grinning:
Life is certainly not easy and throws many balls at you that you can’t always catch.
I wish you the best of luck with your new job! Sounds like a good one. :+1: :v: :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Welcome back!
Worked for Amazon myself, terrible company! Hope you stick around a bit………

5 Likes

Glad to see ya @Nagel420
Hope everything works out for you, sounds like a dream job!

1 Like

Don’t know you, but always glad to hear someones on the up n up.

Welcome back! And I’m sorry for your loss brother. It always hurts to lose a best friend like that. I hope you stick around, there’s lots of fun stuff growing on since your break!

Ride the waves brother and try to stay on top! :+1:

Welcome back and sorry about your doggo. Also, great work on navigating so much change and also for unplugging and taking a step back from tech. I hope to do the same soon. Always planned on unplugging and wandering the bush. That plan may be implemented sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re still ok… not so glad to hear about Loki. He was a good boy. :frowning: Hope everything goes well with the new job. I haven’t heard much good about corporate cannabis, but it’s money for doing something you want to do anyway, and hopefully that can’t be too bad.

1 Like

Glad to see you back man, and I’m very glad to hear things seem to be on the up, absolutely sorry to hear about Loki I know how much you loved him, but awesome to hear about the blessing you’ve discovered soon after , sounds like it’s definitely meant to be. Good luck on the new venture. :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Welcome back @Nagel420 :v:

1 Like

Did you learn how to say pork roll in all that time?

2 Likes

Dang that’s alot to remember while reading lol
Glad to see you around again !
A true OG ! Some people you never forget!

2 Likes

Well, here’s an update for the end of my first week (well, half week).

Mainly worked in the flower rooms doing defoliation and prepping for harvest next week. Kinda liking the tyvek suits for keeping my arm hairs from sticking to everything later :wink: LOL. Gotta say, for the bad rap that corporate cannabis gets, I can’t see it at the place I am at. There’s lots of strains, well thought out rooms, and many of them. The plants and the buds all look delicious, its clear to me they give a shit about cleanliness there and keeping healthy plants. At least 20x a day I think to myself “I cant believe I am being paid to do this”. LOL

I’m getting back to being my talkative self, and find it enjoyable to chat with my co-workers. Its crazy when your boss asks your favorite strain, and shares his. And talking might be opening doors, as I’ve had two departments ask if I want to join them already (you gotta put in your time in cultivation first, but a transfer to fertigation, or to moms and propagation might be in the future :smiley: ) For now, I enjoy cultivation and getting an understanding of how things work there, so no rush yet. Next week I believe I am on a harvest team :smiley: THAT should be fun with the size rooms we have!

The hours I need to adjust to though. 6am start is rough, but you get out early enough, miss all the traffic, and once you’re in a grow room its mid-day anyway LOL. I’m up at 5 anyways, just gotta get up a half hour earlier now.

And I plan to stop at one of their dispensaries and grab some of my co-workers recommendations, employee discount of course :slight_smile: curious to know about our product… :smiley: :smiley:

24 Likes

Sounds amazing.
Glad that you’re gettin in the groove of things.
Wish you the best! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll be interested in a review too… I’d be surprised if it’s any better than average dispensary bud no matter how well it’s grown, though. The 18-month journey of shipping, storage, repackaging, and more storage that it goes through all but guarantees that. It’s not that corporate cannabis is bad, it’s that there’s just so much red tape around it to absorb all the moisture and flavor. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dunno, maybe things have gotten better but I don’t have much faith in NJ’s bureaucracy… no more than anywhere else, certainly, and it doesn’t seem like any of them are getting this right.

3 Likes

I gotta say, since the company I work for is vertically integrated, the time from chop to store is nowhere near 18 months. I really wanna say its more like 2-3 months max and sometimes considerably less (5-6 weeks?), with a 2-3 week dry / cure time. They ARE concerned with terps and flavor from everything I’ve heard and we discussed. I think being a big MSO also helps get the lab tests for state approval done a bit quicker.

I won’t judge till I’ve sampled the goods. Gonna be hard to beat Frankenstein, which has taken over as my daily smoke, but we’ll see. I’m not gonna be an easy judge either LOL.

Faith in NJ’s bureaucracy? HAH. I’m working at an MSO because I lost faith in it long ago. The big boys can adjust to moving goalposts, the little guys can’t. If ya can’t beat em, then join em… And hell, I’m getting paid to do something I enjoy, with people who are chill… Not a half bad gig :smiley:

13 Likes

Congrats on the new gig! I hope it pans out for you or you at least meet some folk who can help with something better.

Ive not walked in your shoes, but I feel like we wear the same size if you catch my meaning. Sounds like your in a good place and I hope it stays the course. I’m working on getting there myself.