Well looks like I may have a problem - Identified mites

Looks to me like bug damage, mites or thrips . 100 power cheap scope will see them. 100 power is enough. Spinosad would be required if it is the “Borg’s” . “Monterrey” garden spray works well, does not poison you or the plants.
Good luck with it.

6 Likes

Monterrey is ordered will be here tomorrow hopefully before lights out so i don’t disturb them to much. Any special instructions for using or just follow what’s on the bottle? Avoid flowers or spray them too?

2 Likes

Mix it per instructions, do not mix more than you can use, does not store well. SOAK the plants, buds too, making SURE to get underside of leaf’s. If you do not, the eggs will hatch and you have wasted your time. The reason I treat them as little ones is I can pick up the pot, spray them, then hold them upside down to hit undersides well.

You will know IF you have bugs in an hours time. Usually, within an hour of application, if the plant is being victimized, she will feel so much better, she will PRAY. Make sure to hit the top of your soil, or container, and all 4 sides of the pot too.

Hit them 5 times, 3 days apart each time. Give it 2 weeks, hit them one more time.
If you see more “white spots”, which is the chlorophyll being sucked out, you missed them.

Even with an infestation BAD, the Monterrey will kill enough to allow a good harvest. I had them so bad one time I had to spray 5 days before harvest.

First spray needs to be a soaking, dripping off the plant, and undersides completely covered . The applications after the 1st can be less, just always make sure to hit under sides of the plant and its top soil.

It does not really kill the eggs, WHY you do it 3-5 times over a 2 week period. There are products out there that will kill the eggs, like Eagle20 and others, but, big ass but, I personally would never touch any of those poison’s. The Monterrey will not harm the plants, you will not know it is on there.

Not on the 1st, but after each application there after , if I had the time, I would load up my garden sprayer with clean water, and hose them down 2 hours or so after application.

Let me know how it goes, and not to worry, it will not harm your plants, but exactly the opposite.

Does not need to be done lights out…but if you have the headroom, raise your lights way up when you treat them. If you cannot, dim the lights. Example, I run DE Gavita’s that allow steps in power. When I would hit the ladies with the spray, if they were in flower,light would be raised a foot, dimmed from 825 to 400 watts, for a few hours.

DO NOT do it light off, then let the plants sit in the dark soaking wet. Asking for more problems if you do. When in flower, IF i had to treat, I would raise the lights, lower the power, and hit them 3 hours before nite nite time. Let them sit n soak for 30 minutes or so, then turn on a big fan to blow on them till light off. Never had any issues but learned to treat my little ones(even when not seeing Borg) so I would never have to treat flowering ladies again. It does no harm to the seedling, and by the time my little ones reach flower size, they are spotless clean and I have no worries.

I have 50 little ones now, chilling under T5’s, who all got soaked yesterday with it. Under the T5’s, I just spray away, lights on, no big deal.

6 Likes

When it gets here tomorrow I’ll do the first spray if it gets here in time. Would it be a good idea to spray the entire room the tent is in as well? After these are done I’ll clean the entire tent with bleach and spray under the tray that is under everything. I was hoping it was a deficiency and not this shit Lol

IF you have enough it would not hurt. I do not use tents, just open rooms. I WOULD spray the carpet in the rooms, and the hallways between them. I have a good sprayer, can make it spray a real fine mist. I would mix up a quart of the spray, and use it all in the room, plants, pots, and the floor around the plants. Quart will go a long way, and do a good sized area. You cannot store it or re use it once mixed, so make smaller amounts you will use up at once. DO NOT make gallons of it. Try 1 quart first.

3 Likes

I’ll have to use a spray bottle for now but will get a good sprayer. Only one room and the hallways are tile so That should make it easier. I’ll go HAM on the whole room lol i have to use a tent so i can run veg and flower in the same room

1 Like

It looks like the starting out of a bug war to me as well… @Tinytuttle I have never hard of that way of checking for bugs before…Thanks Dude, my eye site is shit, so this technique will help me out big time (hopefully I won’t need to do this though).

K.

4 Likes

Sweet info man thanks for sharing that

3 Likes

Spray bottle is fine, what I use to treat them when little. You CANNOT HURT THEM with this spray. I KNOW your worried, but after the 1st spraying, and seeing how the plants react, you will no longer be worried. Raise your light or lower watts to it, spray the shit out of them, making SURE to get underside REALLY WELL. Let them stew 30 minutes then place a fan on them, to dry them off…then after about 2 hours or so, turn light back to normal, let themdo their thing. When you spray your soil, just a light spray on it, DO NOT SOAK the top of the soil with it, just hit each pot top once with a lite spray covering the whole top of it…like squeeze, squeeze, that just did the dirt on 1 pot.

Post up the pic of them “Praying” when you see it…you will.

3 Likes

I have also seen Calcium deficiency look like this as well…If he can’t find bugs, that’s what I would be thinking next…So, if it is, in an organic garden, what do you do to bring it back (other than Cal/Mag) ? Lime, and Worm Casting top dress? It is what I have done in the past, but don’t know if there is another way to combat it? Anyone else reading this, please feel free to chime in here… :slight_smile:

K.

3 Likes

O. P. will know tomorrow. I would about bet a nutt it is not a feed issue. IF it IS a feed issue or a lock out, the spray tomorrow will do nothing, and he will not see them raise their leaf’s.

iF he could get a better close up pic of the damage, we all would know more. Will not hurt him to drop 20 bucks on the spray, a GOOD thing to have on hand anyways.

Hope he post’s up what happens.

I have poor close up sight now too(old) but CAN SE egg’s with only a 15 power loupe…or by taking pics of the underside of my leaf with decent digital camera, then zooming in. Their dark shit stands out even more than the eggs do. Look along “edges” of the leaf for the eggs.

4 Likes

Taken with a cheaper older digital camera…plenty close enough to see eggs or shit…

Can you take a pic like this

poster???

5 Likes

Tip I’v picked from @ReikoX I believe was surprised he didn’t beat me to the punch! Lol

4 Likes

I’ll take the requested pics when i get home from my daughter’s 21st birthday dinner

1 Like

1 Like

Those pics are pretty terrible. The 1st one may provide some answers

3 Likes

Sorry it’s lights out was in a bit of a hurry. I’ll break out the wife’s 5d and get a high res pic in the morning.

Looks like mites at first glance. Some type of pest, for sure.

As the previous poster said, spinosad can work, I see you’ve already ordered the spray.

If you want to permanently rid the grow of them, I recommend abamectin and/or spiromesifen in conjunction with the spinosad. As long as you aren’t spraying more than a couple weeks into flower, there isn’t anything to be concerned about. There is evidence that spinosad and other pesticides have a synergistic effect. Make sure you spray every plant in your room, if it is mites you have to assume they are everywhere at this point. It only takes a couple missed eggs and you’ll be reinfested.

You can buy single oz vials of Avid, Forbid, etc. on ebay for very little money.

3 Likes

Just looking at that leaf on my phone, and they do look like mites to me as well, when I enlarge the picture, this is a pic from about a year ago, using a microscope so you can see what mites look like.

4 Likes

Well first spray of spinosad tonight. Drowned the plants top and bottom the pots the tent the entire room then vacuumed the carpet. We shall see what happens. Let me see if I have this right spray every 3 days for 2 weeks right?

1 Like