WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

Not much to report, but…

AC Infinity has not responded back yet…

And, I put the Acurite Remote Sensor to the test yesterday, with the 24 hour period ending at 6pm…

So, that verifies the fact that the Acurite system out of the box is doing a better job and registering RH levels than the AC Infinity is.

I will +1 it.

I am going to grab the Acurite Remote Sensor from the Loft and test it, too…while I’m here…

I only went up to the Loft for the first time since I injured myself last night. My leg/ankle don’t need the exertion right now…still swelled up pretty good. I don’t keep my leg up enough. I can’t. I can’t get anything at all done if I elevate my leg.

I hope you’re all making your night great! rockon

Edit Add: I started the 75% RH test on the second (#1 “Loft”) Acurite Remote Sensor.

I will put them both to the 32% RH test after this 75% test is complete.

rockon,
WHAB

5 Likes

Well, it looks like you have your RH sensors sorted out…
I’d take the lack of response as probably a positive, I’d guess it has been kicked up a level and they will end up sending you a new sensor to play with.

A question that has be bugging me… what is holding up the rock wool in the ceiling? …friction? I’d be inclined to have stapled up 20 mil plastic ‘vapor barrier’. {OK ‘inclined’ is an understatement… :rofl:)
I’m a little paranoid about what gets into my weed and the idea of rock wool fibers would bother me. {another understatement… :grin:)

Be careful with that leg, you are potentially at risk with that injury and swelling. That can be a bad scenario.
Elevate to reduce swelling is a start. If the swelling becomes chronic check into compression socks, the VA should cover those…

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Thank you, @Gpaw!

Yes, I hope to have an instrument I can trust…and, yes, I do hope AC Infinity can do something.

I thought about upgrading to the Controller 69 just to see if the RH probe works more accurately.

Knowing electrical would be done in the ceiling of the Bloom Room I held off covering it. I wasn’t exactly sure how the electrician would approach the task. I wasn’t sure if he’d run it through to joists or not. He ran it on the bottom of the joists and not within them.

Now I have a bunch of Yoyo’s attached to wire strung across the underside of the ceiling joists. I’m not sure how I would approach that at this point in time.

IF I can get it done during Lights Out tomorrow I will. Thank you for causing me to reassess the issue!

Yeah, I don’t want any foreign matter in my buds, either! However, Rockwool (Mineral Wool) is a natural substance so I don’t know what actual harm would come of it ???

And, yeah, on the leg…it’s providing continuing symptoms at this time…which itself is causing my ‘some’ concern.

I do have a brand new set of Compression Hose, left and right, lower legs and ankles/feet. The VA did cover them.

I received them a few days before I injured myself and I’ve held off using them due to the excess swelling and pain situation from the injury.

I was busy researching their use and contacted my Dr. for advise on what CM # (these custom compression hose comes with a CM measurement card used for setting them in place to a certain #) I’m looking for when strapping them up when I hurt myself.

My left foot is still swollen pretty tight and moderately painful.

What struck me as odd was when I scaled the Modified Ships Ladder (the few times I’ve attempted it) is that my ankle does not like motion required to climb them. My ankle was not physically injured when that partial and short 2x4 wall fell on my shin.

beercheer, brother!

I always appreciate your help and your continued engagement! tup

Thank you, my friend! rockon

volcano then try and get something done regarding the grow space!

volcano,
WHAB

4 Likes

AC Infinity response…nice and timely! tup

Xxxxxxxx (AC Infinity)

Jul 13, 2022, 3:24 PM PDT

Hello Xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

In regards to our sensor probe, I do apologize that it is not matching your other devices’ readings. if the reading differences are greater than 10% then I can send you a replacement sensor probe to see if it will provide better readings. If readings are still similar then I would have to forward your results to our Development team to look into this. If you would like to proceed with this, please provide me with the following information and a replacement sensor probe will be sent out to you.

(1) The order number associated with this order (Amazon, eBay, or AC Infinity Website order number).

(2) The Name and Shipping Address where you would like the item sent.

(3) A contact telephone number that we can associate with this order.

Again, thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Xxxxxxxx
Customer Support Agent
AC Infinity Inc.

I’ll be providing them the information they’re requesting.

However, I don’t think they fully understand the situation. The part about it not testing out. It’s not only that they don’t match, it’s that it failed the 32% RH test by a bunch!

It is nice to see good customer service from AC Infinity!

They should have an account here.

I ‘may’ invite them to this thread for this problem.

tup.
WHAB

5 Likes

They are not being clear on exactly they mean by greater than 10%.
That could be for 32% test, less than 22% to greater than 42%
another interpretation could be 10% of the 32% value ( 28% to 35%).
I’m thinking they mean the first case.

That’s a good idea to invite them…

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I took it to mean if whatever number it landed on is greater than the 10 points of % adjustment in the controller they’d send a replacement. Not considering their max adjustment on the 67 is only +/-8.

I saw numbers exceeding 10% points in the tests…12% points in error before I tested anything and even more.

Am I misunderstanding their intent?

I’m glad you read ‘science’, my friend! winky

You rockon, sir!

beercheer,
WHAB

2 Likes

Let me see if I have it straight…

You adjusted the controller to read 75% RH at the conclusion of the first test.
Then when checking at 32%RH the reading was 47%.
That is 15 points high and is out of spec. no matter how you slice it.

A total weasel might try to argue that you could split the difference and adjust the calibration so it is 7% low at 75% and 7% high at 32%… :rofl:

You know… now I need to run the same tests on mine to find out what it’s doing… :laughing:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Yes, except I didn’t have to adjust for the 75% test. It passed that one without adjustment.

The whole time we’ve been having this discussion I’ve been dying to ask you what you did about yours, had you tested it…

winky

ROFLMAO

See, I have some semblance of self-control!

ROFLMAO

wavy.
WHAB

2 Likes

I purchased a dozen of the cheap RH/temp meters, the type that everyone likes to add to their mason jars. I did the DIY salt test (75%) on them and they were spot on.
I have a couple in the tent and they read a few points off relative to the AC Infinity so I wasn’t concerned.

Now my OCD is kicking in and… I need to know… :thinking:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a disease!

You can blame me for yours!

ROFLMAO

Now, here’s a little twister. I tested the Under-Loft Acurite Remote Sensor and it tested 74% in the 75% test.

I tested the other one, the Loft sensor (it is older than the Under-Loft sensor). It tested 70% in the 75% test…

facepalm

ROFLMAO

I put them both to the 32% test last night…

Here’s where they are right now…

Let me know how yours goes, friend…I’m keen to know.

Oh, and we only get the one adjustment. You either adjust to the 75% test or the 32%, not both [IF the variation goes in both directions, that is]…

Edit Add: bracketed comment

rockon,
WHAB

4 Likes

I did trim the Girls up the other day, from the center, after relocating the hook in a better, safer place, then I got around the backside corner, the one with the wall fan.

This is from the Zipper Door…

This is a close up of that plant…

Then 2 standing at the fan looking back…

…a little closer…

Here’s how the Acurite Remote Sensors did on the 32% RH test…

After 24 hour test…

After 42hours??? I decided to leave them sealed up and move them to another spot just to see what they’d do.

I put them over here after the test just to see how they respond there, together…

I topped off with 10 gallons, Mega Crop A&B + Bud Explosion - full recipe last night.

This is where the numbers were a little over an hour ago…

Garden II Flower Day 38

Res. Temps…(the 10 gallon top-off created a 2 degree increase in the temps winky)

pH…

E.C. bouncing 3.1…

I ‘might’ try and get some pictures before Lights On later, maybe…

I hope you’re making it a great night! rockon,
WHAB

6 Likes

Looks like the girls need a little more headroom!

2 Likes

Hey brother @Tejas! wavy

It does look that way right now.

However, they ‘may’ have stopped growing up. Maybe.

I haven’t seen any additional or noticeable growth ‘upward’.

Bulking out for sure!

The last go round up in the Loft they were pushing up the entire time with no ill effect. Just growing up and growing up and growing up…relentlessly.

There wouldn’t be a problem with them hitting the ceiling, excluding @Gpaw’s concern, which I do share.

Thank you for the discussion, friend!

rockon,
WHAB

3 Likes

And, as for @Gpaw’s legitimate concern…

I just haven’t decided on a way to get some plastic up there at this stage of the game.

I can’t get one single piece in place without taking down everything attached to the ceiling and then surely damaging the Girls attempting to put any single piece of anything up there.

I have contemplated putting patches of plastic just directly over each Girl individually…to give them something neutral/inert to push against! A solution I’ll likely take.

Thank you again for raising the concern, G, my friend! rockon

While I don’t think it is health concern, it is literally molten, spun rock…it ‘may’ introduce the fibrous rock into the Flowers…which would never be good! Just the thought of that alone does cause me concern.

Nobody wants foreign objects in their bud!

My main concern all this time, and one reason I didn’t put it up - insulation and the heat side of the space. You’re supposed to put moisture barrier on the hot side of things. Well, there are times when the Bloom Room is hotter than the Classroom and I didn’t want create drippy situation in the Under-Loft.

fly2,
WHAB

3 Likes

I’d suggest to wait until the current crop is through. Anything you do now will exacerbate the situation…

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Thank, man! tup

IF I see them about to touch the Rockwool I will put some plastic up just above that spot.

I do, sincerely, agree with your observation, my friend…and I thank you for it!

I still have condensation concerns and I’m not sure how I’m going to address that.

I’m not really sure IF putting anything up there that could possibly sweat within the Under-Loft is a good or bad idea.

beercheer mate!,
WHAB

3 Likes

AC Infinity didn’t send me ‘A’ replacement probe for the Controller 67…

…they sent me TWO replacement probeS for the Controller 67!!! tup

I just received them a few hours ago and put the new probe to the Boveda 75% RH test at 3:30pm.

When that is completed I’ll put it to the 32% RH test.

Garden II Flower Day 45

The Res is low - about 10 gallons.

Res. Temp…

pH…

I’m going to top off with straight water to bring this E.C. down…it’s been rather high…

RH…

I have not adjusted the RH balance of that Acurite gauge after I tested it yet.

The Girls (overview - from the other day)…

A typical bud from the other day…

They’re filling out and getting frosty.

I think I need some help…

I ‘may’ have a problem…

There is no “spotting”, just the brown edges.

I have tentatively diagnosed it as Calcium Deficiency.

Is that a correct diagnosis? Is it Calcium Deficiency?

It’s only occurring on a few of the plants, as near as I can tell.

It is only on some of the leaves near the middle of the plants, that I’ve observed so far. Not in the bottoms, not on the tops.

Then, IF it is a Calcium Deficiency does Cal/Mag go bad in its original container?

I have a large container of Cal/Mag that is more than a decade old. Is it still good to use?

Since the Res is so low now is a good time to do straight pH’d water flush.

Speaking of tops, the tallest is still about 4 inches from hitting the Rockwool. That’s been static for more than a few days. I don’t think they’re going to grow into it.

I hope your days have been great! rockon

I was going to do some outdoor work, completing some work I started the other day - DAMN, IT’S HOT!!!

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

:cool: :cool: :cool: winky

Edit Add: I just noticed through the images above that the Bluelab pH Pen is out of calibration. I’ll get that done before I refill the Res. with straight pH’d water for the flush.

Stay :cool:, Folks! tup,
WHAB

5 Likes

I’m not sure if the calmag would be good or not.
I think it’s a potassium deficiency.
Just my guess

2 Likes

I had not hit on that one yet. That looks to be a more accurate diagnosis! tup

I’ve been considering light burn as well…it is concentrated near the middle of the plants closest to the bulb but not touching it. In fact there is good spacing between the bulb and the plants AFTER I added additional Horizontal Restraints to them.

Thank you very much for your help, @Hydro921! tup

Very helpful! tup

rockon,
WHAB

4 Likes

Light burn does mimic potassium deficiency.
I’ve been trying to get better at diagnosing.
I start having problems about the same stage you’re in.
The wife even bought a light meter.
Might be best to get another’s opinion lol

3 Likes