WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

Still Garden II Flower Day 48 winky

As of pre-10PM feeding.

I moved these…they are still together. They’re hanging off the loose end of the lamp chain, about 18 inches North of the Oasis Caliber 4R.

AC #2 32% RH Probe test nearly complete…

THE GIRL! winky

That’s the Runt. It’s at least as tall as I am winky

I don’t recall seeing that Brown in Lights On :man_shrugging: I’ll get a better look at it later, Lights On.

Oh, FUDGE.

I ‘may’ be done for the night!!!

whining

Edit Add: I’m going to get that glue-up done - I changed my mind. I’ll get a tokie done, then get that done! winky

timeout,
WHAB

7 Likes

After cleaning up the squeeze-out, both faces as best as I could in clamps (and without the ease of flipping it over since I taped it to the Multi-Function table icon_e_surprised ROFLMAO ), I wet the whole surface just to see what it ‘may’ look like finished.

Speaking of finished…

Brothers Made Coffee Table 0022 07232022

woohoo

Now I need to get that tokie done!

I got the above done (the glue-up, not the steer roping! ROFLMAO) and not the tokie ROFLMAO

Edit Add:

I might (likely) chase that tokie with a volcano! winky

My back is burning. I am likely done for this day frown, but as is often the case, I might reverse that decision crazy ROFLMAO. My back hasn’t burned like that in a while whining

Oh, dang! I have to end that AC #2 RH probe test and start the AC #3 RH probe testS! And, I’m supposed to do some Central Trimming! frown whining

WHAB

7 Likes

I had to sit down to do it…

Test Exit - 24-1/2ish hours…

I believe the silicone seal is good.

Mark Time: AC #3 75% RH test start.

Good morning!

Make it a great day! rockon

I ‘might’ take the spalted shelf out of the clamps, I ‘may’ not…

tokie,
WHAB

3 Likes

Okay…I’ve looked at (read) at least a half dozen sites and skipped past at least a dozen more.

I can’t search this site worth a fiddler’s fart! ROFLMAO I’ve tried. I’ve tried searching one way and then searching the other way.

Why can’t I find an actual chart for E.C. values at different stages of growth?

The sites I read mentioned it in their titles, hyperlinks, and no definitive values…instruction

I understand it’s dependent on many factors/variables but, isn’t there a:

IF these conditions exist use ??? E.C… IF these other conditions exist use ??? E.C. chart?

A basic guide to E.C.? No?

Good morning, I’m going down! rockon

tokie,
WHAB

3 Likes

I got back to the Schoolhouse about 50 minutes ago (an hour ago now! winky) and continued my search.

This is as near as I can find. CannabisBusinesTimes . com

Whatever PourThru is! ROFLMAO

Then…

There’s this…

“EC and pH levels…” - “While cannabis-specific recommendations based on scientific research have not been published, sampling procedures (including the PourThru method) can be found at the nutrient monitoring website: fertdirtandsquirt. com and general EC guidelines are provided in Fig. 2 above.”

But, that fertdirtandsquirt link is broken.

I found the site but it doesn’t have a “Search” function and there is no way I can go through all those “Guides” searching for it.

I know a person has to read their plants. I was.

The Girls were looking great so I thought it best to bump them to the early flower then late flower formulas.

confused2

But, I have other important matters to attend to…winky

The one case on the left is my old setup…I have the case and its ancillary items, and a bunch of supplies associated with them. Oh, I have the Bluetooth Hearing Aid/TV device, too!

The system to the right of that one case is the new gear!

Give me some time to ponder it BUT, I ‘may’ decide to give my old set to someone that needs them and can’t afford them themselves.

I’m leaning towards giving them away.

Make it a great night! rockon

Edit Add: Oh, I forgot! I need a nap! ROFLMAO

Edit Add Two/Too! winky

Out with the old…

Everything is here. Boxes and boxes of those Cerustop’s (tool to remove and install those TINY filters on the hearing aid…behind the Cone). Everything is operable. There is an extra proprietary charging cord, it’s brand new, never used.

Do any of you fine folk need a great hearing aid system?

Do any of you fine folk know someone that needs an overfull (extra supplies include cords) and complete hearing aid system?

The new system is working fantastic, including the TV Connector!

I Really Forgot Something This Time!!! ROFLMAO The one device that makes the others work together and to work the way I needed it to…the Hands-Free Bluetooth interface!

It’s like this but newer, I think. Mine doesn’t have the lanyard. It clips on to a collar. The $296.70 is for the one listed at the link…not sure what mine costs.

wavy,
WHAB

4 Likes

I never made it into the room to trim last night. My back is still hurting but I will get it done today (after 12:00AM, so technically, it will be Day 51 by thenwinky)

Garden II Flower Day 50

Just Pre-Feed numbers…

pH 6.1…

E.C. 1.4…

I’ll try and get some Pre-Lights On images.

Good night … and by that I mean Great Night! winky

rockon,
WHAB

3 Likes

Wow!

More than 1-1/2 hours trimming…more like a Pre-Harvest trim. Only one bud that was actually “cooked” tup

The next time I do that, IF I ever have to do it again…imma doin’ it nekid!

I would have left that room medicated!

ROFLMAO

Test Exit: AC #3 75% RH…

Will start AC #3 32% RH test as soon as I can…

The Girls have formed together and decided to create a Low, Secondary Canopy! winky

This is under the bulb. Around knee high (pre-trim).

Once around the horn, starting with the Runt…

Garden II Flower Day 51

Pre-Lights On, Pre-Trim…

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

The previous are paired.

My second shot of this one below wasn’t usable.

#5:

I’m missing a plant!

ROFLMAO

I ‘think’ it may be laying sideways.

I trimmed them from top-to-bottom. Standing up in the middle I spun once around the circle, then lowered myself to the middle and trimmed there in a circle, then dropped down to the bottom and made the rounds there.

While I was down there I noticed there is one branch that was laying sideways back around that corner, I think it might be #6.

Need a few more Yoyo’s!

This is what I trimmed out…

Here’s some random shots while I was in the middle looking out…

Next 2 images are same plant…

Super Sugary!

Then this one I know is the Runt. A lower bud sites on her.

This bud, the one next to the mount I made for the Oasis 4R Calibration Tests…

It’s 50/50 Clear/Cloudy.

I used a Carson I bought before I bought the other TWO Digital Microscopes.

This one…“Last purchased May 17, 2021”

And, earlier I was composing a post to give those 2 microscope away - I had it mostly written - IF anyone care to have 1 or 2 of them. I decided I’d give the Wired USB Microscope one last try before I do offer it up.

This one is offered up for sure…“Last purchased Jun 12, 2021”

This one ‘may’ be…“Last purchased Jun 10, 2021”

I had the Carson but I do like technology and thought I’d give them a try.

I’m not happy with them.

From memory, I think I had the best results from the Wired one, but it’s Wired…it’s anchored here at the desk…that means I have to cut out what I want to look at at my desk, at my PC.

Coincidentally, I have a 30 foot long USB extension, I bought it for some other reason that I don’t remember at this moment. I’m pretty sure it will reach the Bloom Room from here. Still need to see it somewhere, though…not sure if that is possible. I won’t be able to see my PC screen from the Bloom Room.

IF I can get it to operate properly I’ll hang on to it through this one more grow.

IF I can’t get it to operate properly, I don’t need it here.

At the very least maybe a kid can use one to start their Science Career, or just play with it! tup

Good morning!

Imma tokie and head to bed!

Oh, I forgot to mention crazy ROFLMAO: Our friend, @Oldjoints convinced me all I need is a Loupe. IF this Carson Microscope doesn’t work for me I’ll get a Loupe. I have it, I’ll try it…then decide.

It’s this one…Phonak ComPilot Air II…

…it wasn’t purchased used over Ebay, though! ROFLMAO

Except, not that large! ROFLMAO

Good morning, for reals!

tokie,
WHAB

9 Likes

I decided to take another look at these malfunctioning of some of the Yoyo’s.

Yellow is Hydrofarm…

White is iPower…

1 or more of each failed, some right out of the bag.

I know what it would take to take them apart but I’m short 2 additional hands, opposable thumbs not required! ROFLMAO

This is the way it was when I set it aside and grabbed another one…

I pulled the loose end of the fishing line out the normal way until it was feeding off the spool, then I locked the Yoyo…push in on the side opposite the spring. Unlocking it is by pushing the other side, the spring side.

I then wrapped the fishing line back around the spool making sure to keep it taught…and allowing for some of the line spinning on its own to untwist the twist I induced in the line. Sort of like when you roll up an extension cord or water hose.

When it was rewrapped around the spool I unlocked it and drew to line out until it didn’t spin any more, I locked it again and I let go of the loose end and it reformed itself (untwisted) to its original shape, then I unlocked it and rewrapped that loose end around the spool again.

I had to allow it to ‘untwist’ a few times. BUT, don’t let the fishing line come off the spool while you’re doing this…it defeats the purpose.

Now, it’s working better than new. I didn’t expect it to be so easy.

I have the bad ones strewed hither and yon (both sides of the grow and in a draw), I need to gather them up and put them in the Repair Shop, too!

I have 3 more new, unused Hydrofarm Yoyo’s still in the bag they came in. I thought I had run out of them.

With those 3 (if they don’t also fail) AND the repaired ones, I ‘might’ have enough to reposition (lift) and support the top heavy branches.

I need a BIGGER Bloom Room! I lost a Girl because I couldn’t see it!

ROFLMAO

In my defense, however, it’s not hard to miss something in that space!

I hope you’re all making a great night! rockon

volcano,
WHAB

5 Likes

I was wrong about those Yoyo’s. I don’t know exactly the inner workings are constructed.

And, they’re not the same. How the fishing line is retained in the assembly is different.

The fishing line is trapped in the plastic, through a drill or formed hole. The other one is sort of gated…the line can be more easily removed and replaced.

I found her! ROFLMAO

The majority of her was leaning backwards/sideways above the Trap Door area, what was dead space, she dominated it! winky

I couldn’t see her, she was behind the Runt from that perspective.

I had to get back in the center again, this and the next 2 are from that perspective…

From the center this is where she was the last time I saw her!

winky

Just playing around with the camera here.

4 of the same bud with me trying to stay (stand) steady, the steadier, the steadier…

A tripod would help…see what I can do. Interesting that takes as good a picture as it is.

Even a Mono-Pod, maybe. I should have something around here to do that job.

I’ll have to get back in there with the Carson. Pre-Lights On tomorrow!

These are another pair of interior tops departing my view!

Maybe when I said the Girls got together to form a new Low Canopy many of what I saw were secondary branches that were growing horizontally.

Still, there was a hefty bit of Girl down there!

ROFLMAO

The majority of this picture, center to low left is the Bubba Kush #6 to the right. It’s a side branch from the Girl nearest the fan.

She’s gonna be a beast!

I was actually watching for side-branching and didn’t see that coming at all!

This is the Afhan Kush #5. Bubba Kush #6 was crowding her for the middle.

I’m looking at those plants close up the past couple of days, amongst them.

They’re not as brown as the pictures would indicate.

There is brown.

I’ve removed a ton (just shy of a ton, I believe winky) of it.

I don’t know why some of it looks sooo brown.

Then this one is that bud I looked at with the Carson and said it was 50/50 Clear/Cloudy zoomed in on my phone.

Good morning!

Edit Add: She’s gonna be a beast - IF I can get them to harvest!

volcano then bed!,
WHAB

9 Likes

Of course I forgot ‘something’ in my last post! ROFLMAO

I started the AC #3 32% RH Calibration test last night (early this morning)…

When I exited the AC #3 75% test…

Mark Time - AC #3 32% RH Calibration test:

Where the AC #3 32% RH Calibration test is currently:

I’m going to make myself the center of attention, again! winky I’m going to get back in there Pre-Lights On to see what I missed last night and bring the Carson Microscope with me.

I haven’t figured out a Mono-Pod, yet.f

Who here uses the Boveda Curing Packs? What is your opinion of them? Will you continue to use them? Will you buy more?

Lastly, what size does one use in our standard size Canning Jars?

Also, I just ran the 1st Brothers Made Coffee Table Base Bookcase shelf through the Thickness Planer for the last time. A couple of small skim passes on both sides.

That’s purdy!

It’s right around 11/16ths inch thick right now.

I haven’t seen my Mitutoyo dial caliper in quite some time - can’t imagine where it’s gotten off to! ROFLMAO

I’m going to square it up on the Festool-ish Multi-Function Slab using the BenchDogs Fence and Quad MFT Hinge System on its first project task.

I’m going to try something I should have thought of before I got this far winky…perhaps a design change, maybe.

I’m thinking I ‘may’ want to have the shelves a bit proud of the case…maybe.

I’m going to get started on the remaining 2 shelves.

Once they’re all at the same stage as this one I’ll set up to Rabbet the ends to fit in the Dadoes I made for them in the Bookcase.

Make it a great night, folks! rockon

fly2,
WHAB

3 Likes

Material selection takes longer than the process of making the shelf! At least in this instance.

I stared at these several pieces for several minutes…

I even pulled some pieces I had set aside to reintroduce to the rodeo!

ROFLMAO

I wrestled with keeping this for way too long!

But, there are bits of it that are rotted away, completely away…not rotted like Spalted (rotten) Red Oak!!!

ROFLMAO

This has been haunting me for several days, not just hours…!!!ROFLMAO

These next 2 images are from several days ago…

I was dialing in the Quad MFT Hinge System AND the BenchDogs Fence.

Note the pry-bar in the above image…that’s how hard I tried to get those last .2’s of 1 degree error out of it.

Well, this was several minutes ago…before I made the ‘real’ cut.

I can’t get that variation out of the system.

This is the cut…

I will probably try one more thing to get that error out of it. After that, I may contact Ralph (BenchDogs.co.uk) about it…just to see if he has any ideas.

At least it is a real number and is consistent! tup

The 2nd shelf is in clamps (9:15pm), you’re looking at the bottom.

Will get the 3rd shelf in clamps as soon as I get done here.

After :tea: winky

disco,
WHAB

4 Likes

Making fun of me using the term nosing? I think it’s more of a stair term, but it seemed to fit when I had to make a bunch of cabinet and closet parts. But nosing is definitely what the front of stairs is called. :wink:

Those shelves are coming along great. That spalting looks awesome! I like the book matched glue up too. :+1: Seems like you just need a glue table now. And for getting glue off your clamps, I always just used a scraper. Just pops right off when it’s dry. Or you can wipe it with water when wet. That doesn’t work for long glue ups tho. You using titebond 3? That’s always my go-to.

Keep on trucking good buddy! Those plants are looking amazing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

No, sir…It was I who was incorrect in their speech. winky It was my misappropriated phrase!

I couldn’t think of Nosing at that moment in time! I couldn’t think of any appropriate term!

I still don’t know what it is really called!

ROFLMAO

Really pretty rotten Red Oak insertion/filler strip seemed excessively wordy!

ROFLMAO

Thank you, my friend…that means a lot coming from you!

Yeah, I need an glue up/assembly table of some sort…something taller, for sure!

I’ve actually been mulling over how I can include those 2 HUGE benches in a lot of these pictures (currently stacked on top of each other) into a Festool-ish Multi-Function Slab support base That would put it nearer to that wall and clear up some space. That wall is about 3 feet away.

They’re my Nieces benches. They were made for the Schoolhouse. Otherwise I probably would have ditched them already.

Out of respect, I’m trying to incorporate them instead of ditching them.

Also, another idea I’ve been working on, in my mind, at least winky

I bought Rob Cosman’s The Cosman Workbench DVD and sketch-up plans several months ago.

IF I once arrive there it will be my woodworking workbench and possibly an assembly table too.

I’m a long way away from getting there at this point.

Great to read you, brother! tup

Been wondering how you’ve been!

Thanks for the :heart:'s, my friend! tup

I wiped this down with a wet paper shop-towel.

I have a junky chisel that I used on the previous glue removal. I knew I would be sending it through the Thickness planer again so all I had to to was knock the high spots off - the parts that damage planer blades.

I have Titebond II and III.

I used Tirebond II on this…I wouldn’t think it will be used as outdoor furniture…but, I guess it’s possible! winky

I am a fan of their product line!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Very nice of you to say!

Great to see you around, man! tup

WHAB

4 Likes

I modified my glue protection method.

I left the Freezer Paper over the rails but NOT taped to the bench and made another strip to drape over the rails for the second glue-up.

I laid a separate sheet on the table first. That was used on both glue-ups.

3rd shelf in clamps…Bottom up.

But, you see that shadow on the left?

That piece WAS thicker than the other 2. I had every intention of bringing it closer to the other 2 BUT I used another board as a ‘thickness gauge’ that was thinner than what I was aiming for!

ROFLMAO

It’s still thicker than is needed but still!

crazy

I used WAY MORE glue than I should have!!!

Another :tea:, then I’m going in!

Cover me!

smokeit2,
WHAB

5 Likes

I can’t stay steady enough to take a picture OR scope them while standing in the Bloom Room…

…not even with a Steady-Stick (Mono-Pod)…a length of wood I grabbed. It was sufficiently tall and thick enough for the task…I can’t keep steady enough.

These are that same bud nearest the Oasis 4R temporary mount.

This is the Runt…

I would rather not cut a bud out of the Girls just to take it to the desk just look at it.

I just remembered I had this about an hour ago. The phone “adapter”…I see it as more of a gimmick than an actual tool.

That’s sitting at my desk and they’re CRAP! ROFLMAO

I don’t have a proper stage at my desk so I was sort of chasing that bud around the top of the desk!

ROFLMAO

That’s some of the last of what I grew last round. There’s way more dark amber than what is hinted at in those pictures.

This is that last image zoomed in on my phone before saving it in real time during a grow.

Maybe with a little more practice I can get something out of it :man_shrugging: I’ll try.

It’s actually the first time I’ve really tried to use it.

Any suggestions, recommendations - what works for you?

I’m about to buy a 60X (or greater) Lighted Loupe.

I find it very difficult to share with you fine folk what with only my eyes to have seen it!

ROFLMAO

This is one plant from when I was in there last…the first bud is on the lower right in the other pictures…and out of frame in the last picture.

…and again…this brown may be some setting in the camera…I do see some but not like this, not with my eyes.

Maybe my eyes are wonky!

crazy

That Girl might also may be commingling with its neighbor winky

Good morning! tup

Edit Add: This was the AC #3 32% RH test after a 24ish hour period.

I want to reseal it and run it again. I’m unsure of the seal. I messed with the seal last night

Edit Add Too: Resealed.
Mark Time: AC #3 32% RH test

I also tried that Carson Microscope to Phone adapter in the Bloom Room and I can’t get anything usable out of it.

volcano,
WHAB

7 Likes

With the rotted area, use CA glue to strengthen the area unless you are planning to cut it out.

2 Likes

Hello friend! wavy

Yeah, that CA glue is some pretty interesting magic at work there! winky

As I was working with what I’ve got going on my mind kept thinking of Penetrating Epoxy.

That would probably have been the best product for that rot.

But, I have neither Penetrating Epoxy nor CA Glue.

This is my first real woodworking project.

Moving forward I will have either or both of those products on hand.

Thank you for your input, brother @Tejas! tup

rockon ,
WHAB

2 Likes

You’ll figure it out, you are a very ingenious individual watching your various projects come together!

2 Likes

Thank you, @Tejas! Very kind of you to say!

Regards,
WHAB

1 Like

Well, it turns out I did plane more off of that one shelf than I should have.

Both are oversized dimensionally, X/Y…have to square cut it to final size.

But, you can see that shadow between the 2 shelves.

It’s not as much of a difference as the picture seems to show. IF it’s a 1/16 inch I’d be surprised.

I’m going to ponder this for a moment or two to decide how I’m going to proceed.

I did pull another full piece out of the stack last night and instead of processing that piece I decided to use what I had already processed to some degree.

I’m leaning in that direction…process another shelf out of a new piece of Red Oak.

The one I was looking at ‘may’ have some Spalting in it.

Make it a great night, everyone! rockon

fly2,
WHAB

4 Likes