WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

Thank you, @Tejas . IF I don’t kill them first! ROFLMAO

smoke,
WHAB

You piqued my interest, @Gpaw . What is this “new one” you speak of? Got a link or something? I would like to know more, please.

WHAB

Found an article linking to this:

I haven’t ‘thought through’ the new options but there’s a couple that could be nice…
I’m just tickled pink with the utility of the base controller :laughing:

They have two more controllers (controller 2 & controller 8) listed in the component cooling section of their web site that look very useful too.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thank you, @Gpaw ! Regards the Controller 67, it would have been nice to see that option recommended when I bought my T6.

I find it odd that the text in the blurb you posted says “It comes included with our quiet, high performance fans like the CLOUDLINE duct fan…”

It did not come “included” with my CLOUDLINE T6 purchase.

As for the others, I don’t have a “component” anything.

Thanks again, @Gpaw tup .

beercheer,
WHAB

1 Like

Yes, they are ‘fluffing around’ that answer publicly.
Somebody already asked them about shipping the new controller with the “S” series Cloudline fans and the answer was a hard no. That tells me they want to burn through existing stock first. … and when they do finally ship with the new controller, there will probably be a small price increase… They can live or die through inventory control, so that is perfect sense.

I thought it was rather cunning they didn’t change any of the exterior features, other than the display. That saved them about 20~30 grand in tooling! :laughing:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Yes, Fluffy Inventory! that sounds sexily provocative! biggrin

When I get a moment - I’m building a frame for the Passive Intake vent at the moment - I’m going to contact them about that “It comes included with our quiet, high performance fans like the CLOUDLINE duct fan…” line.

Here’s to saving $, theirs and mine! winky

Thanks, man!

beercheer, @Gpaw tup

smoke,
WHAB

1 Like

Just a couple of things…

First; 2 weeks ago someone noticed my AcuRite Hygrometer in a picture I posted, with them telling me they had the exact same unit. I told them, yeah, I’ve had it more than a decade and I really like it. I bought it when I first started growing. I liked that I could see the conditions in the grow space without being in the space. One grow was in a crawl-space under a house that belonged to the owner of the property - I was just renting. But I lost that remote sensor when it quit working a few years ago and I told that person that I was going to try to find a replacement. After a good deal of research AcuRite’s “Compatibility List” said a new 06002M remote sensor was the correct replacement. None of the lists I found included the W at the end of my model’s alpha-numeric code, a 00592W. None of the models in the list had a letter extension.

I tried to get it to pair up every way possible. I couldn’t do it.

After my failed research, and my failed attempts to force it to work, I contacted AcuRite for assistance. I spent a great deal of time with them. They said I’d have to buy another main unit or go through Amazon for a refund. I then asked them to send me a compatible Hygrometer I could use with the new remote sensor I just bought. They weren’t going for it! ROFLMAO. I tried! winky. I finally got them to give me a 15% discount code good for 30 days on any purchase. I do own a few of their products.

One of the products of theirs that I own is their 5-in-1 Weather Station. The 01050 model. A few years ago I was informed the WiFi interface that I had that went with that weather station was being discontinued BUT that I could get a deal on the newest version of it. I bought it.

After all my research and an extended conversation with the Chat support, who never mentioned what I found. I went searching again determined there must be a way to see what was going on in the grow space without climbing into the loft every time.

I discovered the new remote sensor does pair with that new(er) AcuRite WiFi interface and I could see that remote sensor on my MyAcurite “Dashboard” on my desktop PC and the MyAcurite smartphone app.

Second; I built a frame for the Doran DV-99 Light Tight Darkroom Louver (vent) TWICE biggrin that is going in the grow space.

The fail…I tried to use one Kreg Pocket Hole screw coming from the wrong direction. I thought it would work, it didn’t. The joint was loose and wonky. I didn’t like it a bit.

The success…a typical Kreg joint.

The final product…

The reason for any of this post: I wanted to show the Doran Light Tight vent frame and it’s installation AND to include the new AcuRite remote sensor. When I looked at the remote sensor on my PC to get a screenshot to post I saw that the temps were lower than what I would expect to see in a Lights On condition. The temps were way too low for the light to be on. I went up to the loft and the dang light is off. It shouldn’t be off. I told the timer to turn the light off from 12pm to 6pm. I checked the programming and that’s what I see. I don’t know why the light is off. I don’t know how long the light will be off.

Without the new remote sensor and my finding out how to use it on my own, without help from AcuRite, I would not have known the light was off…I was going to bed!

Now, I have an appointment later today that I have to get up for a in a few hours. I won’t be around for most of the day. I won’t be able to physically monitor what’s going on in the grow space.

I will be able to see how long the light is off - or on (hopefully)- by seeing the conditions in the grow space through remote sensor through the WiFi interface on my 5-in-1 Weather Station.

I was hoping to get the passive light-proof intake vent installed last night. That didn’t happen. I’ll try and get it installed when I get back tonight.

Make it a great day! tup

wavy,
WHAB

4 Likes

Puzzled…

Going to force it on and try to figure it out when I get back… frown

Still, make it a great day! tup

confused2 ,
WHAB

Now if it allowed me to change the setpoints for temp/humidity for day and night, I might pay for the upgrade. The minimum fan speed is also super useful for those using a carbon scrubber. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

I got the feeling they were trying to cover too many applications with the controller S/W. It would be really cool if they did one just for growing…

That is such a great controller, I’ve been thinking about opening it up and seeing if hacking it was viable. I checked about 6 mo ago and found nothing out there along those lines.
If you could break out the alarms & fan speed etc. you could do some interesting things with a Raspberry/Arduino controller.

WHAB, you would be amazed at the difference in noise you get when you use insulated ducts.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Well, that was a day!

I checked the Remote Sensor a couple of times while I was away today and I’m sure the light was off the first time I checked and then the temperature did increase the next time I checked but it didn’t seem to be what it should be with lights on.

Then 72.8°F when I first got back to the schoolhouse…

I’ve been wondering all day what could possibly be going on. I only set 2 events, one to turn the light off a 12pm and one to turn the light back on at 6pm. Well, when I cycle through those 2 events it automatically forwards to the 3rd event, which I did not program - BUT, I did notice last night that DUSK was visible on the screen. I did not program that event but ‘maybe’ it registered as IF I did.

I just went through all 22 of the remaining events and zeroed them out and took them to the “Skip” option. That may have been what happened last night - I think. That’s the only thing I can come up with. I watched several videos on programming that exact model of Intermatic timer and none mentioned what should be done with the balance of the events you don’t use.

With all the unused events now zeroed and skipped, if it happens again it wasn’t that.

I do have another timer I can throw at it. It looks brand new and I don’t recall ever using it.

I’m hoping it was just the other events I didn’t program but I also didn’t “skip” them either…

Oh, the light was on…but temps are 72.6°F right now.

That’s weird! I was having a hard time keeping it under 81°F.

That’s all I got. I’ll install the passive intake vent later today.

Make it a great day! tup

smoke ,
WHAB

4 Likes

I have a small box of digital timers I don’t use anymore…

I went back to the mechanical timers because the digital units would scramble their brains at the slightest power glitch.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I’m with @Gpaw . I only use mechanical timers for my lights.

2 Likes

From memory, I got both of my digital timers - the one above and this one (Intermatic HB88RC)

because they both have two receptacles and can handle 15 amp units.

Now (today), why I needed dual receptacles that can handle 15 amps then I don’t remember :laughing:

Oh, and the one I have plugged in now has a 3 [month] backup memory on 2 LR44 batteries.

beercheer, @Gpaw and @Floyd,
WHAB

3 Likes

This setup looks to be working now, at least lights off looks to be working.

20 minutes to lights on…

smoke,
WHAB

2 Likes

That looks to have done the trick! tup

With that, we are officially in Veg (after many failures and setbacks)…let’s see how these ladies go.

And then with this very generous package (125W fluorescent on right I’m pretty sure is broken),

I’m going to need another bucket system! winky I have already been pondering how I think that will go. I think I can use the 2 gallon buckets to Veg in and IF I use the 5 gallon net pots I can take them straight from the 2 gallon buckets and into the 5 gallon buckets I plan to have up and running when they are needed. Not this grow but hopefully the next.

I don’t have much hope in the second batch of transplants but if they keep trying I’ll keep letting them! I have the extra buckets

WHAB

4 Likes

Okay, got the Doran DV99 Light Tight Darkroom Louver (passive intake vent) installed…at least until I do something more permanent up there. It’s not square to the space because I didn’t staple the P&S plastic square to the space, being one person it was difficult to work both sides winky

I also figured out why the temps were not where I thought they should be with Lights On…I forgot to lower the bulb on the chain when I got done light-proofing the space the other day!!!

I thought that ‘might’ have been the reason! ROFLMAO

Now going to build a mount for the AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 Inline Duct Fan’s Temperature Humidity Controller, Going to build a mount attached to the ceiling panel then mount the controller to that.

Then, I plan to get started on addressing the Cloning Machine, the machine itself and that space.

WHAB

6 Likes

I did get the AC Infinity T6 Controller mount made and mounted…

DANG, that’s pretty wood!

I may (likely to) move the mount. I still need to move that AC Infinity T6 180°which will change how the wires run.

And then I worked on some numbers and a couple of drawings for the Cloning Machine stand w/shelves.

^ ^ ^ not measured drawings, just looking at the numbers and general designs/forms.

Make it a great day! tup

smoke ,
WHAB

6 Likes

Photo Day - Veg Day 2:

Still have to moderate the nutes - they’re at 650ppm as of yesterday. There is obvious evidence of nute burn, some leaves still curled under and that one is drooping worse than the others. The labels are mostly visible. The one in the back is a Raspberry Cough. The nearest image, the last one is a Tangerine Dream x C99 (the one when I transplanted it I was sure was dead).

I’m just focusing on the first batch of transplants into the 2 gallon buckets. The second batch of transplants are still alive but they’re not doing much. They are producing new leafs, tiny leafs… biggrin

Here’s to givin’ it hell! (apologies, ladies winky)

rollitup ,
WHAB

3 Likes

Here’s a Cloning Machine Stand design idea that just struck me…

I haven’t hit on a way to make the shelf supports across the front of the lower section, yet.

I really like the side profile.

Caution: Thought Process Machine At Work! winky

rockon ,
WHAB

4 Likes