WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

Hey at least you put it on paper. I’ll just throw stuff together and wish I did put it on paper to see what problems might come up.

2 Likes

Well, friend, it wasn’t on paper until it was…

It all starts and formulates in one’s Thought Process Machine!

I often complete projects without drawings, or measuring even. It’s just that this one is going to be unique in a few of its features which I don’t have entirely worked out yet, in my overripe melon or on paper! winky And, it has to stay together so it doesn’t crash to the floor! ROFLMAO

beercheer,
WHAB

2 Likes

I screwed up last night. I was at my desk and the Fill pump came on, not unusual by itself, but the way it was running was unusual. So unusual that it forced me to go figure out what was going on.

It was “topping” off the buckets even though it was draining at the same time. I climbed back up to the Ebb&Gro controller and just took a good look at it. I was just fiddling with things trying to determine what was happening. I was really puzzled. I took the Drain pump out and discovered there was some sort of slime on the intake of the pump (on the bottom of the controller, pointing down, that is). I took the pump and and down to the sink. I cleaned the slime off of it and checked to make sure it was still working. It was still working.

I still don’t know what the ‘white’ slime was. IF I had to compare it to something to try to explain it to someone I’d say it looked like a waterlogged paper towel. Still intake in its position before you touch it, then it falls apart. I know I didn’t leave a paper towel in the controller, but that’s the only thing I can compare it to.

Well, you remember me saying the plants were still a little curled under and that one was droopy with the first Lights Off pictures earlier?

I forgot to plug the Drain pump back in last night. The plants have been sitting in full buckets since last night, sitting in a nutrient bath the entire time. I flooded them! shocked crazy ROFLMAO

I didn’t realize what had happened until the pump came on when it was scheduled to come on and all it did was run for a second or two - it was topping the buckets off - they were already full when Fill time came around! ROFLMAO

They’re already looking better - AGAIN!!! facepalm ROFLMAO

I think I may just wind up killing these girls, one way or another! ROFLMAO

cantlook,
WHAB

3 Likes

You’ll get her running the way she should very soon. I can imagine the issues that could come about with a system with so many “moving parts”. I got faith. It’s always a good feeling when the gals bounce back from a little hiccup.

2 Likes

You sound like me. Forgot what I was doing, forget what to do. :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Thanks, man! I do, too. I’ll get her running sweet very shortly. I still have some building to do and will have to work that in to the different stages of growing, but I’ll get’er done.

I just had a discussion about the original nearly 100 year old, repurposed 1924 Schoolhouse tongue & groove flooring up in the loft. I like the idea of it being around and reusing it. I don’t like the idea of debris falling on where I bed down ROFLMAO.

I have permission to take it down (pull it up) however I can best accomplish that. And that needs to be done around everything else going on up there!

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time! winky

rollitup,
WHAB

2 Likes

As I was pulling the Drain pump plug back through the hole in the controller to take the pump down to the sink to clean it I remember telling myself “I have to remember to plug that back in!”. I ran the plug back through the hole in the controller and left it hanging there! ROFLMAO

WHAB

2 Likes

Okay, my Thought Process Machine is further formulating a form on the Cloning Machine stand w/shelves…I’m still leaning toward this design…

While my overripe melon is working on that, I’m going back up to re-route that AC Infinity T6 ducting out the West side (the back side) of the building.

I’ve decided to remove (cut out) that ‘other’ Tits-On-A-Bull Strong-Back that is in the way of me routing out the way I want it to go. Where I am moving it to will also allow me to get the plug closer to an electrical outlet. Right now it is on an extension cord that could never have been a permanent solution.

*I have been trying to include a photograph of taking down the Cloning Machine for several minutes (more than several minutes - around a 1/2 hour) BUT to say the “Your Phone” app is fickle would do a injustice to Fickle! facepalm. It does it A LOT frown. My PC and my Your Phone app are like bitchslap *

IT FINALLY let me have the picture! PullHair

I did this about an hour ago nowPullHair

I’m going in! fly2

biggrin,
WHAB

4 Likes

Love that spalted red oak. :+1:
Great debug on the pump.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Is that red oak? Hackberry maybe? I love wood grain, and all the great colors inside. My favorite is watching the grain dance as the shaper knives are removing material. So beautiful. I’ve tried to take a video of it, but they never look good. :thinking:

3 Likes

Red Oak. It had been stacked - not stickered - outside for a few months before I got it.

Much like your experience, it is a treat for me removing the outter rough-cut surface of this Red Oak to reveal what it’s hiding tup…and, yes, beautiful!

rockon,
WHAB

4 Likes

I only just now had the time to delve into this as I was preparing to contact AC Infinity.

The “It comes included with our quiet, high performance fans like the CLOUDLINE duct fan…” controller they’re talking about in that blurb is the controller I got with mine. From that quote I thought they were saying the CONTROLLER 67 was included with a T6 purchase. It is not.

Thanks, @Gpaw…you got me looking at it and I appreciate that! tup

WHAB

3 Likes

Check out their ‘Controller 8’ under Cabinet Fan Systems…

Cheers
G

3 Likes

While that does look interesting, and I appreciate the information. AC Infinity do seem to have it figured out - it seems. I don’t have a setup that could benefit from Cabinet or Component Fans, in my growing plans. I ‘may’ have a use for Cabinet or Component Fans IF I ever get around to rebuilding my A/V Surround Sound needs. :wink:

beercheer,
WHAB

2 Likes

That rough surface is “IN” right now :slight_smile: People are paying big buck for it :rofl:
:seedling: :blossom: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :seedling:

2 Likes

Hello @G-paS wavy ! Yes it is. I am hoping to create something and keeping the rough-sawn Red Oak appearance. The only issue with that is rough-sawn lumber actually does hide what is just beneath that surface.

rockon,
WHAB

3 Likes

I agree 100% I love the hidden beauty.
:seedling: :blossom: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :seedling:

2 Likes

Since my last post, I took a day off frown . The next day, yesterday, I woke up laying on my back AGAIN and I was IR all day (even though I did go up and cut the Tits-On-A-Bull Strong-Backs back to route the duct later in the evening).

Photo Day - Veg Day 4:

AcuRite remote sensor…

pH has crept up to a fluctuating 5.7, 5.8, 5.9, 6.0. Gonna knock it down a tad bit.

E.C. is at 1.4.

Reservoir temperature is 67.8°F

I have to get a yardstick to monitor vertical growth.

Sets of images. 2 images per plant or pair of plants. First from top, second is profile of same plant or plants. I will continue all updates in this fashion.

These are just before Lights On, so they’ve been resting for 6 hours. Leaves have been reaching up in Lights On

That second from that last image, the plant on the left is a Second Transplant that should be dead! winky

I am admittedly a little rusty at this and I have looked everywhere and I can’t find a definitive answer. The light green color of the leaves; is that a deficiency or just new growth?

I thought it was either a deficiency or a toxicity. I’m not sure and I can’t find definitive answer.

I have made some progress in the attic. I have rerouted the AC Infinity T6 out the West side (back side of 1924 Schoolhouse) as mentioned above. I have not ducted it out the eave yet. Will try and get that done.

I’m going up now to permanently installed that vertical truss support, the vertical truss support I replaced that was rotten. I had not come up with a great idea on how to get up there to reach it, then I remembered I had the cutoff steps from the attic ladder. I had to borrow it as I had already given it away! ROFLMAO

Should have some pictures of that work the next time I come down.

rollitup ,
WHAB

5 Likes

Pretty sketchy shit right here! My time in the circus wasn’t wasted! ROFLMAO

I had to span the just installed attic ladder opening to build a platform to hold up one leg of the foldable cutoff from the attic ladder steps, the other leg is standing on a cutoff scrap! crazy ROFLMAO

These 3 pictures are showing the setup from the bottom to the top. I couldn’t get it all in frame from that angle.

I couldn’t get it all in one frame from the other side either, close though.

Standing back 3 or 4 bays I got it in one frame.

Thinking about it now, I haven’t fallen through the Luan ceiling panels once! I haven’t even stepped on a ceiling panel - yet! ROFLMAO

I got all the tall work done for now. I wasn’t able to install a gusset at this point. I used the 3/4 inch plywood for the floor in the Veg/Grow space biggrin

I also haven’t connected the bottom of that vertical support yet, either. I will do both later.

rollitup ,
WHAB

7 Likes

If I had to guess from the pics I would say deficiency. My 2 cents. :grinning:

2 Likes