WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

That looks so nice. Is it as cold there as here.

1 Like

Hi @JoeCrowewavy

I liked seeing that temp, too.

But, I just had to increase its temperature…

I guess that’s a ‘good’ problem to have! shocked biggrin

Don’t mind the missing segments, they took a bath! ROFLMAO

Thanks for your post, Joe! tup

rollitup,
WHAB

2 Likes

It’s 58°F outdoors here now…

Stay cool! smoke winky,
WHAB

2 Likes

It’s a heat wave.
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

The plants you are referring to came straight out of my cloner and wrapped for transport so no chance of algae as my cloner sure had none and they never were in soil. And you know this as you were there when I took them from the cloner and wrapped them for you.
I wanted nothing but for you to succeed after a 10 year hiatus from growing and why I gave you a bunch of plants, helped you re-design your cloner, gave you my soil mix and a lot of other advice.
Instead of being grateful you blame me for your amateur mistakes.
So from now on don’t call me, don’t come to the house and don’t ask for anymore plants/genetics.
I will stay out of your threads, and keep my advice to myself and I will ask you the same courtesy… OJ

P.S. I tried to communicate to you in private and since you refused to answer me I chose this route.

2 Likes

Dude, I thought what was in the private message was addressed out here. It wasn’t? My bad, brother!

That is not what I was saying at all.

I was saying I know there was algae in the White bucket system. There was algae in the White inner buckets before I put them in the Black buckets.

There was algae in the root system of every plant in the White buckets that was there before I put those same White algae’d buckets in the Black buckets.

I know I brought algae in to the new Black buckets when I swapped White inner buckets in to the Black buckets.

I was saying I would expect there to be algae in these Black buckets because I know I brought it in to the Black buckets, even though I have not looked in the Black buckets since I put them in there…I expect there to be algae.

I did it. Not the plants. I did it. Not you or your plants which I could not be more thankful to have received.

My poor environmental controls caused the algae. I expect algae to be there until I correct all of those controls, which I’m still in the process of doing.

Your friend,
WHAB

2 Likes

This is the problem with written words, I followed him from the start and I read it that he messed up. I would be horrified if he meant you too.

I would have posted:
I did it. not the plants. Not you or your plants which I could not be more thankful to have received.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs: :kiss:

1 Like

These confounded wires!

winky.
WHAB

I went in a different direction with the Flag Mount/Flag Light Mount.

I was looking at the computer side and know I could make anything out of it. I have access to metal cutting bandsaw (not sure if it is operational) and sheet metal brake (I know is operational :wink: ).

While contemplating how best to approach the task I looked over as saw the shell of the water cooler I just converted to a Reservoir Chiller and noticed there was a portion of it that I ‘think’ will be rigid enough and put the night light at a good angle to shine its light on :us:. And, it provides a weather guard at the same time.

Instead of this…

I opted for this…

Do you see it?!?! wink

What is next is the above, inside-out winky

Then what will be the back…

This is coming together - proper, final orientation!

In the image below I originally was going to make another cut parallel to this one. That cut edge would be perpendicular to the ground. I decided this shape, keeping more of the original piece would add rigidity.

This is its final form (for now! subject to change! winky).

Now I had to accurately transfer the existing mounting holes precisely AND only do it once (or twice winky). How is that best accomplished? With Duplicator Pins. They come in various diameter to suit whatever size hole you are transferring, with a pin-point end that perfectly finds the center of the hole you are transferring.

I wound up not using a cleco above to hold it. I just used one of the original screws to hold the first hole in position. The screw I used is hidden behind the Vise-Clamp.

Above you see the inside-out and upside-down got me, even winky! I marked the incorrect impressions to make sure I didn’t do that again, then marked the general direction I needed to relocate them .

I have a helper scheduled to assist in my directing the light from the ground. I’ll be up on the ladder attaching it to the Eave Rim Board.

*maybe to the end of the Rafter Tail. I’d like to have the light on the front side of :us: but that may not be possible considering the hook I put up there are near the end of the rafter tails.

A ground test of what I devised!.. winky

It was one of these…

This thing on the very top of the picture, the filter bag hangs on it.

In the interest of full disclosure, when I straightened it out the 90° bend broke. It separated in the crux (can’t think of another word to describe it! biggrin - the inside of the bend) of the bend but I ‘think’ it will work fine even in its weakened state.

I hope it all works out! I believe it will!

Good morning!

Make it and the subsequent day a thankful one of remembrance! tup

Flower Day 13 update forthcoming!

rockon,
WHAB

2 Likes

Flower Day 13 (14 now).

From the other day. I noticed the Reservoir was getting a bit too chilly!

I closed the windows. It got down to 61°F. Then I unplugged the DIY Water Cooler Reservoir Chiller.

This is where it is sitting just prior to the 10:00pm CT feeding.

I’ll plug it back in when it starts to heat up again.

But, there was still settling in both buckets I used in the Mega Crop Parts A&B test.

Weird! Left and Right still apply… both having settled a good bit, the left more than the right and it was the right that I mixed in 40 teaspoons of Mega Crop Bud Explosion.

Before I topped off the Res (and adjusted the pH).

E.C. 2.3 (1150ppm on 500 scale).

After adjusting…

I tried to get a picture of the E.C. after topping off the Res with Nutes to include the 40 teaspoons of Bud Explosion I couldn’t get a picture of it…just a timing thing and mine was off! biggrin

But, I’ll tell you this. It topped the scale. 3.6 (1800ppm on 500 scale) shocked

That was the first feeding on the new schedule, Parts A&B and Bud Explosion (looking at that number shocked).

I hope the Girls are ready!

I ‘may’ have to dial it down! shocked biggrin

From Northwest corner…

From Northeast corner…

The Girls still trying to “Raise the Roof”, reaching ever skyward! tup

Then some closeups and forming bud sites…

@Oldjoints, my friend…the above is what you graciously gifted me. Hearty, healthy plants that “I” nearly killed by allowing algae to form on your gifts, that “I” then transferred to the forever homes (5 gallon 100% opaque buckets) hoping I could get them to harvest regardless “my” mistakes.

I don’t talk sideways, my friend. IF I have any problems with anyone I go directly to them. I wouldn’t talk behind their backs.

You gifted me with amazing genetics, clones and seeds, that I will never be able to repay you for even IF I spent a lifetime trying.

I would NEVER diss anyone in a cowardly, sideways way.

The above is NOT directed at you, just explaining how “I” deal with problems - directly

Please accept my apology IF I offended you in any way - it was NEVER intended, my friend!

I am eternally grateful, brother!

Good morning!

Make this day and subsequent day a great Thankful Remembrance this Memorial Day! :us:

WHAB

3 Likes

After all that, I forgot.

I bought these the other day…

And these, 1 for the Reservoir, 1 for Cloning Machine II and 2 for backup!

12 if these…

I ‘hope’ they are enough! biggrin I’m figuring with the 2 hooks per yo-yo that’s 24 branches. I have it in my head that if needed I could include other branches within the 2 hooked branches, cradling them in the supported branches. Anybody?

And, this @LilJonB

I’m sure I’m forgetting something else - I am wont to! ROFLMAO

rockon,
WHAB

2 Likes

Your plants are looking great!
:smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Good morning WHAB!
Things are looking great man.
Are you really feeding that high? I’m not saying it’s impossible at all. Just wondering.
Hope you have a great memorial day weekend.

1 Like

Thank you, good sir! I appreciate that!

Thank you, @LilJonB!

I ‘guess’ ROFLMAO, at least until they tell me to “back the F down, mister!” ROFLMAO.

40 teaspoons of Bud Explosion is the recipe. :man_shrugging: winky, 1 teaspoon per gallon.

I have been feeding them at E.C. 2.3 (1150ppm on 500 scale) before introducing the Bud Explosion yesterday.

Thank you, Lil Jon…I’m going to try. A day with Open Wheel racing is always a good day!

Thank you both, immensely! tup,
WHAB .

3 Likes

Oh yeah absolutely. If they can take it.
Today check to see if the EC rises then the original. If the EC rose after the water level drops and left to many nutes behind and could cause your PH to drop unless you get something that can buffer your PH for you. I’m going to try the Technaflora line. I’m going to copy @JoeCrowe feed schedule.

1 Like

IF E.C. rises I won’t be able to see it. The Bluelab Truncheon E.C. meter tops out at 3.6 icon_e_surprised The last reading was blinking 3.6.

I thought maybe the E.C. meter wasn’t working properly so I cleaned it. It was working properly! shocked biggrin

I’m going to ride this one out with the @GreenleafNutrients line of products . Once the Girls were ‘semi’ healthy again (I know there was algae in the system, “I” put it there. “I” brought it over with the White translucent buckets frown), I kicked up their Mega Crop Parts A&B recipe and they have responded favorably.

I check pH (and I used to check E.C.) regularly, at least once a day. I have a decade+ old Mother Earth pH Up and Down. That’s all I have been using.

Thank you, sincerely, for the conversation, my friend! I hope someone gets something out of it (them).

smoke,
WHAB

1 Like

I did not consider a Rafter Tail being in the way of my attaching the Flag Night Light, nor that the Light Mount I made put it lower than I expected.

It ‘may’ require some further refinement but, she, :us:, is up, plugged in and working!

Will have to evaluate how the Flag Night Light falls on :us: tonight after Dusk.

The ‘New’ mounting tool worked a treat (hanging in the Flag Clamp in second image). I installed the flag completely from the ground! tup woohoo

Note the bottom picture. My scheduled ‘helper’ pulled all of it!

Man, she’s AWESOME! tup

A Thankful Memorial Day of Remembrance to you all and those you hold dear!

party-smiley-048,
WHAB

2 Likes

You sure about that, @WhiteHotAfterburner? Because I have never relied on a teaspoon of any GLN product to weigh exactly 1 gram. Your feeding schedule is telling you to use 1 gram per gallon of the Bud Explosion. Further, the feeding schedule for ALL of your GLN products tell you the amount in GRAMS, not teaspoons.

Also:
3 tsp = 1 Tbsp
2 Tbsp = 1 oz (by volume)
So divide your total teaspoons by 3 for tablespoons, and divide your total tablespoons in half for ounces. This makes it easier to use a measuring cup for a lot of teaspoons. But, again, you likely won’t be using 40 teaspoons for your Bud Explosion.

2 Likes

No, you’re absolutely right, friend!

I misspoke. It was grams per gallon. I used 40 grams in the 40 gallons I currently have in the Reservoir. It’s actually easy to do, no need for conversion, since I have a gram scale for weighing cooking ingredients! winky ROFLMAO

My bad, man! frown

In other instances I do find equivalents as you describe. I looked at the tabs I have opened on my Phone just the other day and several are measurement equivalents - maybe a dozen (left open for a few months, literally winky)!

Sorry to waste your time BUT I do appreciate the assist! I do apologize, brother!

You’ve earned a 48 for that one! winky

Thanks, @Purple-N-Hairy! winky,
WHAB

2 Likes

5 day roots…

They actually showed last night but I wanted to make sure.

Scarified on 3 sides, dipped in Clonex, placed in Cloning Machine II May 24, 2021.

Make it a great evening! rockon

wavy,
WHAB

6 Likes