WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

Product…

I’m going to try and move the Flag Night Light Mount to the front side.

This will do for now, but I will ‘try’ to move it.

Flag etiquette only states that :us: be lighted after dusk.

I’d prefer :us: be flown on the original 1924 Schoolhouse Flag Pole that’s about 20 feet to the left of :us:. But, it’s in 2 pieces (an earlier repair that failed, it looks like) and it is of a size that wouldn’t support this size flag.

New flag poles are a little pricey, especially one for a 5x8 flag. IF I can ever go that route I will. Until then I’ll try and get this one better lighted.

It would be sweet to find one used!

Remember.

Be Thankful.

:us:,
WHAB

4 Likes

Are you using the recommended dosage or mixing a stock solution to add to the 40 gallon resivior? If the latter, it is likely the calcium in the part B (Calcium Nitrate) falling out of suspension. This is the whole reason they make a part A and a part B.

3 Likes

Hello friend! wavy

This was a Hot water Cold water test. Would the Hot water mix together better than the Cold…with less settling of any nutrient components.

They both started with a Parts A&B Early Bloom recipe + a little. I started with about 2 or 3 gallons in each bucket to see IF I could get it to dissolve completely in less water.

Then I filled them both to approx. 5 gallons and vigorously stirred that with a paint mixer and electric drill.

Then I added 40 grams of Bud Explosion to the Right (cold water) bucket that already had Parts A&B Early Bloom+ recipe in it in preparation of adding it to the Reservoir when it needed it. I topped off the Res with it the other day.

I hope I answered your question. IF I did not just let me know, I’ll try better.

I do thank you for adding to the discussion! tup.

rockon,
WHAB

2 Likes

You sort of answered my question. So you mixed how many grams of part A into the 2-3 gallons of water? Mixed did that completely dissolve? Then you mixed how many grams of part B?

If you add part B to a high concentration of part A, the calcium nitrate will precipitate out into calcium carbonate.

Could also be the source water, a water report if using tap water may help.

2 Likes

I always mix them up separately. First was 16 grams of Part A, when that is thoroughly mixed (relatively speaking) I mixed in 16 grams of Part B.

I never looked to see if it was dissolved before this approximate 2/3 gallon Hot/Cold test.

I’m on well water that goes through a water softener.

This is the second test bucket. The “Hot” mix bucket.

It’s been setting here since I topped off the Reservoir 2 days ago. Same bucket just one with flash on, the other not.

Maybe my expectation of a totally dissolved mixture is unrealistic?

I do appreciate the conversation,@ReikoX! tup

rockon,
WHAB

3 Likes

Doesn’t sound like it was too high a concentration then. I got nothing. I know my Jack’s part A leaves a tiny bit of sediment with my hard water. It usually takes a few minutes to dissolve completely.

My understanding was the part A was a Jack’s 5-12-26 clone. Maybe theirs doesn’t dissolve all the way. The part B is the same, 15-0-0 CalNit. Unless it isn’t. :thinking:

4 Likes

When I mixed it up before this Hot/Cold test it only looked like a small pinch of material remained on the bottom of the bucket undissolved, just a pinch.

I always put it right in to the Reservoir, never letting it settle.

I imagine it gets to the roots even it’s chunky! wink :man_shrugging:

I do appreciate the help,@ReikoX! tup

rockon ,
WHAB

3 Likes

My apologies. I hit you up with a Like but I guess I’m out…

Weird system winky, but I did try!

tup,
WHAB

2 Likes

The dreadful out of likes notification. Lol

2 Likes

Last night I was up in the controlled space when it should have been feeding time. The Control Bucket didn’t fill.

I went down and checked the ‘New’ Fill pump, when I picked it up it seemed to kick on BUT, 3 pieces that belong in the bottom of the unit were in the bottom of the Reservoir; the base (with the suction cups), then 2 pieces that surround the impeller, one flat plate (looks like a cover for —>) then what looks like a sort of duct that steers the water in to the impeller.

I fished the pieces off the bottom of the Reservoir, put it back together and Zip-Tied it…thinking that fixed it.

It just missed another feeding. It wasn’t working. I fiddled with it a bit and I did get some nutrients up to the control bucket.

I don’t know how long it was not working.

I just bought this…

VIVOSUN 2600 GPH Submersible Water Pump 120W Ultra Quiet Pump

Due in on the 3rd.

Edit Add: I also just bought this, too! winky

Licorice Scottie Dogs, Black, 5-Pound Bag

IF you like Black Licorice Scottie Dogs is the go-to choice! It’s the best I’ve ever had!

And, Scottie Dogs Black Licorice Makes it a Great Day! tup winky

smoke ,
WHAB

2 Likes

What makes it worse is it ‘looks like’ you did successfully give a like, the heart turns red…but, IF you refresh that page that shows you gave a like it’s not there any longer. A Ghost Like…

PullHair ROFLMAO

wavy, @LilJonB,
WHAB

3 Likes

I took clones off the Girls I gratefully received from my friend @Oldjoints last night.

The Cloning Basket worked a treat! winky

However, getting the clones was an adventure! I crawled under the Light Cage like I was on an infiltration mission and had to belly crawl under barbed-wire! ROFLMAO That is true, I had to belly crawl under the Light Cage to get to the back plants. I was able to rollover once in place and took the clones while on my back.

Man, it’s crowded in there! ROFLMAO It was difficult finding and cutting clones from down there

I didn’t realize it until I was putting those clones in to cups that I could use Netpot Pucks to suspend them in the water.

The first one I put in a cup of the clones I took from the New Arrivals a week or so ago fell in to the cup a couple of times. I don’t think it’s going to root because of the multiple dunking.

Those pucks are going to work great for cloning in cups!

And, I have to say, I am excited to have gotten the DJ Shorts Blueberry to root (unsexed)! I’m hoping it’s a Girl. IF it is a Girl I’m going to make a Mother out of it!

I could not be more appreciative, my friend!

tup,
WHAB

7 Likes

its similar to a Jacks clone, but has higher P levels and also has Amino Acids, you are probably seeing some of the aminos at the bottom of the tank since they are bigger particles sometimes they fall out

4 Likes

Yep. It don’t take. That msg used to push me away from the site. As soon as I was out of likes I put my phone down till I can give more.

3 Likes

Hello @GreenleafNutrients wavy

Thank you for speaking up.

Is there a recommended method of mixing? I’m using a paint mixer in an electric drill.

Thank you, again! tup

And, I’m OoL’s…apologies!

Regards,
WHAB

2 Likes

Usually water softeners remove magnesium and calcium by substituting sodium. Maybe that is affecting the water’s capacity for dissolving the Jacks?
Also (IIRC :thinking:), sodium ions can affect the plant’s uptake of water…

Cheers
G

1 Like

That is an interesting proposition, my friend!

Yes, this is a sodium based water softener.

The Girls are not showing any signs of deficiency. so that’s a good thing.

Do RO systems remove sodium?

I’d be interested in hearing your opinion on the matter, my friend! tup

rockon,
WHAB

2 Likes

RO is stripped clean, ‘Mother Hubbard’s cupboard’… :laughing:

I don’t have one myself but from what I remember the amount of sodium ions are roughly equal to the amount Mg + Ca ions originally present.

I think right now, you have enough on your plate without looking for more…
:sweat_smile: :+1:
So, if the girls aren’t complaining - you have bigger fish to fry… :smile:

I was initially looking at an RO filter setup when I ‘dug into this’ a few years back before I started up. Luckily, my water turned out to be reasonably OK so I didn’t need to do much.

If you decide you aren’t happy with your water source I’d check out your rainwater first. I’ll bet it’s good.

Cheers
G

1 Like

RO removes everything. I know I’ve talked to you about this before, but I only use RO water, and I don’t have issues mixing my Greenleaf Nutrients. If you go back through our messages regarding your water, I really tried to convince you to switch to RO. But as they say, one can only lead a horse to water…

2 Likes

Well, I was a bit puzzled by the fact that you also informed me you’d never seen an RO system - which I ‘believe’ is an RO system - like the one under my sink. I don’t know what else it would be but I don’t really know. They’re not something I am familiar with.

And, I’ve been meaning to buy a valve and run a line to a smaller barrel bypassing the refrigerator drinking water/ice maker which I never use but I keep forgetting to.

I just asked my Culligan Man about changing the filters under there. They said they’d give me a tester to test the Drinking water tap tomorrow.

wavy,
WHAB

2 Likes