What are you paying for a zip of medicinal cannabis flower in 2024?

The little one between ma and ct.

2 Likes

We are paying 140-200 an ounce for decent smoke. I go for the highest thc, not because I think it will get me more high, but more often than not, the shit that’s testing 24% and above is grown impeccably. I really like our states OG kush, but I had to learn the hard way not to buy it unless it’s testing 24% or above, when it gets down in the teens it’s garbage, doesn’t even smell like OG, wild shit.

3 Likes

Reservation tax free here in Scarbs is $50/OZ; stuff looks fine enough but no bag appeal so you’ll prob get a good high but it won’t be anything special.

$6/g for hash too which wasn’t great but not bad tbh.

5 Likes

I’m in the states. We have medical and rec here. Medical is kind of a joke since rec became legal. 15% discount that doesn’t stack on regular promos so you basically never use the medical card. On average in paying $200 an oz give or take after finding every deal or discount I can.

2 Likes

I ran 10 cheese and 5 blue cheese not long ago from him, nothing special
But I heard someone went through 100 cheese seeds from bbs and got a crazy keeper
That was like 9 years ago so I have my hopes up for your cheese hunts !

4 Likes

100 bucks an oz on sale regularly. There’s no profit in weed here.

3 Likes

Sounds like for a So. Cal grower growing the exotics dispensaries are NEVER going to have, the plan must be to grow these out and transport to NY.

Or forego that hassle and read how bad those that don’t grow have it.

2 Likes

I’ve been getting the grab bags of thca “hemp” from wnc-cbd instead of paying NY dispensary prices. $75/oz with the veterans discount and good smoke. Jokerz candy

1 Like

Doesn’t help that the nearest medical dispensary is over an hour away

Good sale prices this season. I’ve seen Outdoor as low as $21.

2 Likes

Hard outta likes.

Looks like Flower Company? I think they have good prices, relatively, and a wide selection. I buy from the almost exclusively.

1 Like

just got a zip for about $105 after my vets discount and the 25% discount they give on wednesday for bringing in 5 cans of food for the food pantry a church in town runs.

3 Likes

NYC is $100 -200 an ounce with the medical card and coupons and sales. Most people who smoke alot use coupons. The Durban Thai is some of the best weed I ever smoked. Not strongest. The other strains are almost always very good and rarely amazing. I have thrown out weed that wasn’t government weed. I have never thrown out government weed, but often don’t rebuy the same strain. The weed I grow is better about half the time. I haven’t had success keeping a mother for more than a year of one of my good plants, yet so I buy weed when I don’t have something better. I would only miss the convenience of the specific strain availability if it was made illegal again. Everybody I knew my entire life sold weed and I find it better nowadays. I’m aware many don’t agree for various reasons. I find in general New York smokers value convenience most, but expect relatively high quality as we are used to it. Hope this helps someone understand the market here. Don’t think people care so much what they’re smoking. In general the city has been more than pleased with cookies and gelatos for my observation. I smoke that twice and grab the classics. But I’m happy everyone had pretty good weed regardless and the cops don’t bother us anymore. That parts nice. Overall no complaints I’m just trying to grow better weed and it’s happening slowly. I like to look at the glass is half full on this one.

Jack Herer (smells awesome lemon spice( on left and strawberry crux (good nice taste call high decent) on right

4 Likes

$40/ounce is amazing! That’s what I was paying in the '70s from the local dealer.

3 Likes

I was in Detroit South (Windsor, Ontario, Canada) last week for their Civic Holiday. We spent a few days in a nice AirBnB I had rented in the Walkerville area. The wife and I had a chance to spend some time with our daughter who lives and travelled in from Toronto along with her Brazilian boyfriend, that I had not had an opportunity to meet yet. It was a great trip!

As I have not crossed the border since 2018, this was my first time in Canada since the weed stores opened. We dropped into a “We Store” in Tecumseh and picked up a half of Cherry Diesel (Cherry OG x 33 Splitter) flower by The Loud Plug. 28.97% THC with 2.38% terpenes. I paid $84 (US) out the door (with 13% tax), so about $170 zips. The Michigan, USA and Windsor, Ontario, Canada adult use markets are surprisingly similar in end user costs, even with taxes.

4 Likes

2 Likes

It’s about $300au here ($200usd) for mid rising to $450au ($300usd) for top shelf stuff. Prescription prices are about the same as street prices.

2 Likes

is the australia medical program outdoors or indoors mostly?

2 Likes

I’ve heard that only 5% of it is grown here, 95% is imported, which seems like a big missed opportunity. I don’t know how much of that 5% is indoors or outdoor.

2 Likes

I’ve been smoking weed for 50+ years now, and never walked into a dispensary.
Just never felt the need to to really.
I’ve sampled a few gifts over the years, a few vape pens, that I found to be handy, but such a short buzz.
Was given a few pre-rolled joints, they had zero taste, with a very mild buzz.
None of it generated a desire in us to be interested in those products, more so, than what I grow for us.
Just my opinion.

3 Likes