What are you paying for a zip of medicinal cannabis flower in 2024?

These responses are good to read! If the licensing lottery in my state grants me a license so I can start up my nursery the goal is to not just sell quality cannabis flower at reasonable prices but expand it into a garden store providing native plants and some exotics to my state.

I would gauge my prices to include tax so what price is posted is the final sale price.

I am not planning on making a huge amount of money but just enough to live comfortably. My unfortunate situation in life has granted me to be in a fortunate space where I donā€™t have any major debts and out right own my home. Probably the reason why I want to pursue a micro nursery at first to just perfect my grows more and work with other local microbusinesses. I couldnā€™t think of a more stress free job than watching cannabis grow everyday :grin:

Maybe a foolish dream but I dream I must try and pursue in hopes of happiness.

8 Likes

I wish you the best of luck with this. Just a thought, Iā€™d keep all weed related business separate from any other business youā€™re thinking of.

The tax structure and records for the weed are very different than the other businesses

3 Likes

You raise a valid point I did not realize yet! Maybe a sister company or something on the lines of that :thinking:

2 Likes

Keep them completely separate. Even if you develop merchandise for your brand separate the business.
Definitely talk to accountant lawyers about business structure

3 Likes

Iā€™m probably never going to know.
So after you pay $250.00 for a card.
The only flower sold here, is for vaping.
So, itā€™s bone ass dry, and lost all of itā€™s true potential as medical cannabis!
Itā€™s a goddamned horror show, for a cannabis lover and much much worse, for a cannabis patient!
We did so much better, with shot gun toting weed sellers, than we are with the suite and tie, briefcase bandits!
In this stupid state anyway.

6 Likes

I am able to grow enough to satisfy my consumption thankfully but the average price at my local dispensary seems to be 400$ an ounce. Iā€™m sure it could be had cheaper if you chase sales and buy up old product. Thereā€™s also a handful of samples that are more expensive.

My state is similar. Thankfully weā€™re legally allowed to grow now at least.

500 an ounce sounds fair, right?

3 Likes

That is the free market way, we can all slap a huge price on a thing, call it any name you want to, as so many folks then fall into the FOMO sticky trap.

500 an ounce sounds fair, right?
Perfectly priced, to help you make a FOMO purchase, for sure!

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a place near here called the green mile that is very similar to what youā€™ve described. There are 17 dispensaries on a 1 mile stretch of road. I counted. They advertise $50 ozs but Iā€™ve never bought them but itā€™s something like buy an ounce for 100 and get the second 50% off. In fact I bought more cheap cigarettes than I did weed there but I donā€™t smoke cigarettes anymore and I grow my own so I have no need to go there really.

But it is interesting the way it mushroomed. I remember when there was only one and then the whole place exploded.

2 Likes

Its almost bizarre there is literally 2 miles of Pop up shed dispensaries about 20 feet away from eachother within a year all trying to cut throat eachother on the same Boring Boof weed that almost all of them are related Some of these places look like a City Traphouse just on a reservation in a busted ass shitty trailer im talking stripped out cars and pitbulls chained up outside bunch of people coming in and out all hours of the day people smoking more that just weed in the back if you know what I mean.Its a matter of time before they start robbing eachother or everyone gets sick of all the Weed shed drama going on

1 Like

Iā€™m not getting a med card here for this reason. My neighbor went to the dispo and found 8ths for $50. He asked how much for an ounce and they were like 50 times 8! :joy:

2 Likes

Anywhere from $160 to $480 an ounce here. Not to say Iā€™m buying either of those options, Iā€™m not haha. When I have to buy weed, I shoot for the middle ground and expect to pay around 240-300ish. Sold in grams, eights or quarters most of the time, rarely see halfs available. Medical and rec have the same or similar menus, price is the same, other than higher taxes on rec. I only even check the menus of 2 dispos though, so this should be taken with a grain of salt.

Edited because I am too high to do basic math apparently.

2 Likes

I remember breaking up ā€œbricksā€ from Mexico in the 60ā€™s, $200 a kilo into $20 2 and 3 finger lids. Then weā€™d take our share put in an old shoe box lid to sift out the stems and seeds. Used to be we were on a mission to get the world stoned. Now just about everybody between the ages of 20 & 40 has at least tried it. Governments try to regulate it into their private cash cow. There are still some thinking once the Feds legalize theyā€™ll swoop in and take over and make fortunes Ha! Herb is the plant of joyous revolution. If you cant grow, look around and find someone who does.

7 Likes

What state are you in? Iā€™ll go first Iā€™m in VA.

5 Likes

Iā€™m in ny. You can find rec z for 200-250.

2 Likes

Scrolling down through the recent posts, I see that I shouldnā€™t feel so bad about what Iā€™ve been paying for commercial weed.

$200-250 an ounce. xwi2Y3G

3 Likes

I am feeling similarly here at $170-200 out of a rec brick & mortar. These costs regardless are a great motivator to get my flower operational again. I have been phenohunting Big Buddhaā€™s Cheese and Blue Cheese seeds for over a year now and really need to know what I am working with flower wise. Sadly here in Michigan Cheese in general no longer seems to be on the market. Must have been pushed out by all of the crazy named strains today that I sadly do not know anything about. I find myself craving some old school flavors and buzzā€™ though ;-)~

6 Likes

$300 in southwestern Virginia. Which is not near DC

4 Likes

This company covers my area in NorCal, prices vary.

https://www.perfect-union.com/

1 Like

This is the home delivery company Iā€™ve been using for several years. SF Bay Area and some other areas. Not sure if theyā€™re only CA.

https://flowercompany.com/menu

2 Likes

Lume is Michiganā€™s largest with (38) stores across the state. They are also the largest Single State Operator in the nation.

1 Like