What are you watching? (TV & Movies)

In the above post, I’ve included a link to a Broadway show that stars the juggling group, The Flying Karamazov Brothers. The show is their rendition of William Shakespeare’s “Comedy of Errors.” Live on Broadway! It’s real Shakespeare with very few alterations. Here’s a memorable one -

“In Syracuse you wear a suit and a tie (ominous music)…
In Ephesus you juggle or die!!! (big musical crescendo!)”

Not quite as Bill wrote them, but you can see how they convey the spirit of the show, and of course it’s all built around the real words. This is some serious fucking comedy along with some (every pun intended) killer acting!

Okay, @Lady.Zandra63 comes to mind as I post this. I think it’s because she has a background in classical art, and boy oh boy, is this ever classy art! HA!

If you are in any way a fan of comedy, you should check it out. It’s really pee in your pants funny.

Oh, and there’s no need to know the story or be comfortable with Shakespeare’s English. If you are either a native English speaker (doesn’t matter from where) or are comfortable with spoken English as a second language, you’ll do just fine.

2 Likes