What are you watching? (TV & Movies)

Totally! I watched Deadwood first, then the comedy Vice Principals which stars Walton Goggins (who plays Boyd Crowder) and Danny McBride. That series was from the same team who had made Eastbound and Down, then went on to make The Righteous Gemstones (2/3 with Goggins, all three with McBride, all three hilariously funny, imo). Then I watched The Shield which wasn’t all that great as a series but good enough that I still finished it. I was blown away by Walton’s acting in The Shield and then Justified. He really brought those characters to life!

3 Likes
1 Like

Showing the girlfriend a series I watched with my dad when I was a young un called “life on mars” set in my hometown of Manchester. The police station featured is an actual police station (grey mare lane) and I live about 4 miles from hyde police station. Always good to see places you know on the telly.

There is an American rip off version too. Same as they did with shameless and ruined that :rofl: also my hometown.

1 Like

just started watching Altered Carbon, not bad.

2 Likes

I just started watching “Silo”.

Not bad so far, only 1 episode in. There’s a lot of promise but it could also snowball in a bad way. It’s an Apple TV production so the money was spent and it does show!.

If you’ve seen Raised By Wolves, this has a very similar feel. :v:

2 Likes

I imagine him giving a much more grandiose version of the “soap with a prize” guy speech where he convinces you snake oil style how you need that soap regardless of the prize and how he only started the prize to better spread better hygienic practices and serve his fellow man.

“Why if it’s the prize that motivates you I am comforted still for I can only pray that the soap will inspire you. That the hygienic nature of simply holding such a quality cleanser, and I assure you it is a quality cleanser, that the simple acquaintance with it’s presence would spark something inside you. The bible says that cleanliness is next to Godliness and good sirs I contend that the cleanliness intended by the maker was outer as well as inner. So whether for the prize or for protection from infection and soul reflection- I ask that you allow me the opportunity to show you why I preach, nay crusade for the improvement of personal sanitation. The price is a pittance for what you receive and I’d give it away gratis if I could, but the small fee charged is but enough to replace my stock and eat a bowl or two of rice a day. My place in the eyes of the Lord is what truly guides me, it is why I stand before you today. Now who’s going to step up and allow me to aid them in taking their hygienic salvation to the highest level?!”

The soap is made from saw dust and wax.

@PhilCuisine Anything Laurie Metcalf is in is worth watching. She doesn’t get enough recognition.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The Wrath Of Becky.

It’s a fun movie but not as good as the first one.
Watching Stiffler getting killed using bear traps in a graphic way is worth the entire 84 minutes even if you don’t enjoy the movie.

2 Likes

Watched this last night with the wife. Decent action and pretty funny. I didnt realize until the credits that it was a Martin Scorsese film.

And we watched this tonight. Got pretty wild at times. It was a great film. I was honestly impressed.

Noticed that the new movie with Nick Cage called “Renfeld” was free on Peacock… so got all situated, smoked a little and hit play…
15min later I turned it off because it’s a total POS of a flick…

Want to see the better version… Dracula, Dead and Loving It

2 Likes

Did you see him in The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent?

@Carty Renfield was a fantastic drive-in flick and Cage was genious!

I’m :canada: sorry you didn’t enjoy it as you’re missing out.

1 Like

I agree Renfield is an excellent fun movie although I wish it was focused more on Cages character instead of Nicholas Hoults.

1 Like

Watched a dandy last night. UNBROKEN
About an Olympic Medalist that gets captured by the Japanese during WW2 and placed in a POW camp.
Wife even liked it.
Did not know until the credits rolled, that Angelina Jolie produced and directed.

3 Likes

I keep meaning to watch that.

The trailer looked decent enough for a watch with the GF type movie so I showed her the trailer and we ended up watching it last night. Worth a watch and just funny enough to keep watching but it felt sort of amateurish or something, just something off that I can’t put my finger on.

1 Like

That 3rd. robot looked like a hott younger version of Sarah Jessica Parker as a tramp…

1 Like

I don’t think these two things have ever been used in the same sentence before.

2 Likes

I’m gonna correct you with:

1 Like

I’m not seeing it. She does make a good witch though!

2 Likes