What are you watching? (TV & Movies)

Sisu finally dropped to a more reasonable rental price on Prime so I watched it the other night. Good flick, the “chapters” thing seemed unnecessary and took me out of it a bit (minor though). Overall definitely worth a watch but I think it suffered from hype for me. All the people talking about how great it was, how brutal, how they’ve watched it a bunch of times already. I like horror so maybe my line for brutal is different but I was expecting MUCH more violence. Good movie, not an instant classic for me.

Watched The Wrath of Becky since I liked the first movie and thought it was pretty good. Over the top and unrealistic as hell but a fun watch for sure.

Randomly also finally finished Walking Dead (I had stopped watching sometime after the introduction of the tiger king originally). Boy did that show get lame towards the end.

2 Likes

i tried to watch it again and am only half way through season 1. i hated all the “neegan” bullshit so i stopped watching it years ago

2 Likes

Watched this last night.
Holy hell these people were effd up. Like completely sloshed the whole film, lol.

I was actually on board with the Negan stuff because at the time everyone who read the comics were always saying “wait until Negan shows up” and teasing some brutality. The episode he was introduced in was pretty good too. Had Rick shook to his core. The tiger king is where my eyes rolled really hard and I lost interest the first time around.

1 Like
2 Likes

Watching
SImpsons On disney
Warrior on binge
Chess videos on YouTube.

1 Like
1 Like

Micheal Keaton is back…

I absolutely don’t mean to share this as a hipster thing or anything. I’m just genuinely curious if I should check out any of the Marvel or DC movies? I think the only thing I’ve seen is the first thirty or so minutes of Iron Man around when it came out and that seemed fun. Now I feel like I’m missing out or something.

1 Like

How do you feel about superhero movies? I’ve seen a few, for the most past I’d say they were okay but not amazing. Almost all of them are way too long. Run times in the area of 2.5 hours, just not worth it to me for a superhero movie.

I liked the first Spiderverse movie. The second one was visually stunning, but eh?

1 Like

Thanks for the info! The runtimes are insane. Too many movies going 120+ these days. Craziness. Haha

1 Like

You still watching? I have watched the Tour pretty closely in the past (one year I even watched the Giro and the Vuelta) but I only started paying attention to this year’s Tour in the past few days. More often than not the overall winner contest ends up being kinda boring… there’s a dominant team with a dominant leader and they dominate and end up winning. While it seems we have that scenario this year… today was pretty exciting, and tomorrow may be interesting as well… so, maybe this will make for a semi interesting race?

When my back has me awake I have been. Watching some of these guys accelerate up hill is amazing.

When the story warrants it, even 180 minutes or more is great. When the story is trash even 90 minutes is too long.

IMO, Marvel movies comprising the Infinity War Saga, starting with Iron Man & The Incredible Hulk (2008 Edward Norton version) all the way through Avengers: End Game, are good. But I’ve always been a comic book geek, with Marvel comics as my preference. Spare time for movie watching has been hard to come by since about March, so I haven’t seen any Marvel movies that have released to blu-ray/streaming since then. I don’t see movies in the theater anymore since people (and their kids) don’t know how to act in public.

DC movies could have been nicely tied together similar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but DC can’t seem to get people on the same page and decide what’s canon in the DC cinematic universe. As a result, they keep retelling Superman, Batman, and Joker origin stories with different actors and varied creative visions. I don’t make it a point to see DC movies, but will sometimes watch them if they look especially good. But DC movies IMO have a tendency to be two full stories mashed into one 2.5-3 hour movie. Like they knew they couldn’t get the budget to make 2 distinct movies so they’re gonna tell both stories at once.

1 Like

I looked at the runtime for the new Chris Nolan Oppenheimer. It’s 3 hours! What is this Bollywood? Where is the editor? Why not make two movies. This crazy length makes sure I can’t sit through it. I hate this trend. No story takes that long.

1 Like

Just finished the 4th season of Jack Ryan on prime. Absolute ripper of a series highly recommend to anyone into Tom Clancys stuff and all the CIA cool spy shit. Great characters and I found it realistic and went at a good pace.

1 Like

Watching the first three seasons of Damages. Loved that show.

1 Like

Nice Pat, is it on Netflix?

1 Like

Im watching it on Hulu. Probably not on Netflix unfortunately, because it was a FX show originally.

1 Like