What are you watching? (TV & Movies)

AGREED.

Same with “Breaking the Waves” and “Angela’s Ashes”.

You must watch it at least once… but only once.

And put Irreversible on that list too. Beautiful film but brutal and the content makes it a single watch. If you can stomach the realism.

1 Like

Due to the subjectivity I always make sure to give a heavy trigger warning because while those other films are heavy as fuck Irreversible is BRUTAL.

The title itself doubles for what you feel after watching it. In the video store days when I ran the counter I was always very careful about this one after getting harassed by someone that watched it.

Ironically the only other film that I was equally cautious about for similar but different reasons was:

All us counter guards got some serious guff from unreasonable parents when this came to the shelves! The first film was all “That’ll do pig.” but they didn’t know this one was on the layer cake with “Watership Down”, “Plague Dogs” and “Milo and Otis”.

4 Likes

I read enough about it to rule it out thankfully. Don’t need that occupying space in my brain.

Without a doubt the single most disturbing film in cinematic history.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Omg…Milo and Ottis. I remember that.

2 Likes

Yes, a very different role for Sir Patrick Stewart

1 Like

I just found out in the last few years that he’s a big medical marijuana advocate and is obsessed with Beavis and Butthead. I’ve never seen him in anything and thought “I bet he smokes pot and watches Beavis and Butthead in his spare time” :laughing:

3 Likes

Hunter Thompson looked more like a DEA agent than an acid poppin’ ether inhalin’ coke sniffin’ pot smokin’ rum swillin’ maniac.

5 Likes

Totally true

1 Like
1 Like

An all time favourite. I was 14 when it came out.

1 Like

You have a good point!

I cant wait for this to come out…

3 Likes

I still haven’t seen the third. :expressionless:

Just watched The Snowman.
Kind of a slow starter, a little hard to follow at first, but fairly suspenseful. Kept me guessing for a good half of the film. Fair ending.
20230204_223907

1 Like

Dude the third John Wick was one of the best action movies I have seen.

2 Likes

Towards the end of the third one I found myself thinking two things - this is awesome, and how the hell are you going to top the army they sent after him in the 4th movie?

Watched Castlerock recently and this shit was pretty awesome. All set in the Steven King Universe and the first season revolves around Shawshank Prison.

6 Likes

Where is this available.
I’m a fan of Steven King. Mostly his older stuff. The shining, Salem’s Lot, Cujo.

4 Likes

@BigMike55

https://rarbg.to/torrents.php?imdb=tt6548228