What did you accomplish today?

I noiticed my previous post was 4/20 haha!:fire:

2 Likes

I woke up, so far so good. :grin:

1 Like

Blowing texture and patching today Just have to go back and knock the big stuff down and 1/2 this job is in the books just a small bath plumbing re route and it’s finished.

about 8 more patches but you get the drift. pretty good time and work for an avionics guy ha ha

2 Likes

I ordered a spacecase grinder over the weekend that arrived today. :grinning:

1 Like

File under "Things I Wish Had Not Been Accomplished"

Removed hundreds of dandelions and their roots from a lawn. Never understood why they’re so hated. They flower by themselves, and are impossible to kill – with no thorns, prickers, or spines.

Also got a gallon of poison that will be sprayed where kids and dogs play, because I failed to convince a couple “Round-Up Gardeners” that essential oils can solve their pest problem.

Been a tough day on my soul

5 Likes

Started passing a kidney stone… I hope the fucker has passed by the time the drugs have worn off.

4 Likes

Ouch! May your stone be small and pass swiftly.

1 Like

They are an awesome bioaccumulator you can use them to make a tea for the lawn. They are edible too, though I would try cooking them first. Voice of experience.

2 Likes

I’ve tried eating them raw and found out the hard-way that they’re pretty bitter. I take it that was your first experience too? :joy:
Might sauté some tonight with Garlic and Olive oil.

1 Like

Yeah pretty much the same experience. A tea from the flowers isn’t bad, or adding the leaves to your salad greens.

2 Likes

I bought a motorcycle last friday and ive been trying to nail down a fuel leak. Today i drilled out some rivets and tapped my fuel petcock to rebuild it since APPARENTLY honda decided to stop making the one part that fails most on these bikes, luckily the rubber from older yamahas seems to fit that little valve gasket haha aaaanyways got that rebuilt, bought a new battery, fuel lines, etc. and hopefully ill have her runnin by nightfall tomorrow.

9 Likes

You keep a beautiful garden 99.

Thank you sir.

One of my joys!

Time to harvest some Greek Oregano

Pizza anyone?

8 Likes

Roses. Peony. Clematis. Lilly and not sure what else

Peregrine peach tree.

Golden delicious apple tree

Damson Merryweather

Kiwi berry bushes

Clematis (have one training either side of a garden Arch at the minute) roses in hanging baskets. (The Mrs idea)
Camelia Japonica
tomatoes (first attempt. It is with the entire garden to be fair. Never had one before ourselves)
Acer palmatum (Japanese maple)

Strawberries
I do have a few more plug plants and another maple plus some I forgot what they are but they looked good when we picked them.

Just spent the last 20 minutes or so uploading these for your pleasure @99PerCent

12 Likes

Not only that but as I found out through experiment, if you have copper fittings, copper leaches into the water and excess copper stops your plants absorbing iron and they turn very very pale yellow and eventually die.

I had a friend come round and solder some lovely shiny copper pipework for my hydro system once. It was beautiful. Lovely valves, shiny copper pipe, hand bent tap ends etc

Then after I put plants in and they died I googled and discovered the reason you do not see copper fittings in any hydro system.

2 Likes

I didn’t actually do this today, but imma piggyback off yesterdays accomplishments. :grin:

Bout two hundred measurements and 42 X’s later the fixture is ready to be drilled.

6 Likes

Isnt there a basket missing from your display mate… :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

That doesn’t belong to me. That beautiful gift was from you to Mrs cola and she loves it mate :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Broke the replacement tub that just got in today FML ordered another…

1 Like

I woke up without a hangover :slight_smile:

Happy Days

7 Likes