What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

I mentioned in a post above that I was recently visiting a friend in Washington state and just got back a couple of days ago. The morning after I got back, Mrs. mota headed for the airport to visit friends who were going to be in Arizona. (I would have probably gone except I no longer visit places where recreational weed is illegal.) Because I quit driving earlier this year, Mrs. mota shopped for food ahead for me. She got me the cutest little half a leg of lamb that I’ve ever seen! I think it was actually cut incorrectly as there was no flap to unfold, the one where the bones meet. In any event, it was tiny and because of how it was cut, did not require tying. That was both good and bad for me. It was good because it was already late, and I was getting hungry, by the time I had it on a rack and headed to the oven. It was bad because it’s very difficult for me to get my stroke-affected left hand to work properly. Fine manipulation is something I have yet to really achieve. How am I doing overall? While it’s still a bit of a challenge, I can tie my shoe laces successfully almost every time. That wasn’t the case for the four years post stroke. (All this typing is therapeutic also.)

Last night was medium rare leg of lamb with mint jelly and roasted red potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Although I didn’t really care for this particular mint jelly, other than that it was delicious! Oh yes, the lamb was simply smeared with oil, garlic and fresh rosemary.

17 Likes

Perfectly cooked!

2 Likes

Tonight cheese and sausage stuffed manicotti with homemade marinara sauce.

19 Likes

grabbed a couple slices to go. they forgot my red pepper flakes

14 Likes

Awsome brotha! The meal and the hand training. :wink:
Some amateur musta cut that leg of lamb, lol.
Ya know what else is good for that hand skill recovery? Fidget toys. Not necessarily a fidget spinner. One of them other things. Any clue as to what I’m talking about?

2 Likes

Not the one that about half the population has… lol (1)

1 Like

This is what my wife has.
images.jpeg-20
Probably for her rage. :shushing_face:
No, it’s for tendonitis/carpel tunnel. Or ADD.:rofl:
I’ll screw with it on occasion. I can see how it might help you also.

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that. Does it have a name I could search? I could see that being very therapeutic. Thank you!

2 Likes

I just typed “cube fidget toy” into the interwebs to get ya that image, lol.
Lemmi do a little more digging.

1 Like

5and below stores have em or Walmart I got one for my daughter as well.It’s pretty relaxing in a weird way :call_me_hand:t2: @mota @blowdout2269

2 Likes

That was kinda what I was trying to say.
Didnt wanna sound like a head case. :laughing:

Best I got for ya Mota.

3 Likes

Roasted pork belly…

19 Likes

Oh yum!

1 Like

15 Likes

home made babi pangang

14 Likes

i’ve come to realize i can’t handle the spice level i thought i could. 1 little red sauce from my local taco shop split between 3 tacos. i tapped out after 2 tacos. i’ve brought shame to my elders, lol.

4 Likes

Just a simple snack this afternoon on my day off…air fried of course.

11 Likes

19 Likes

Good eats at a friend’s house…

18 Likes

Lobster gnocchi

19 Likes