What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

Hahaha, nice! Try this for the jowls. Pre heat oven to 275-300 For the pork jowls, try scoring the fat side slightly in a diamond pattern, pour boiling water over the scored side to open the score up, wont take much water at all. Pat dry and salt. Make what ever sauce you are using and pour some into a glass baking dish and add some water as well, like a half strength sauce because of added water. Need about 1/2 inch of liquid for steaming, cover the dish with a tight layer or two of foil so that no steam escapes. At 275 bake for 2.5 hours, at 300 bake for two hours. After that time is up, remove foil and take out of the oven. Remove jowls from braising/steaming jus. Turn broiler on high. Slice jowls into half inch slices and place 6 inches below broiler and a sheet pan line with parchment, 2-4 minutes per side until golden and crispy, toss in sauce then put in your face lol. Can also use an air fryer or deep fryer to finish them. Great for banh mi and loads of other things. If the oven technique is used i like to put a little splatter screen over the jowls as they will most likely shoot fat everywhere like frying bacon and a little screen keeps the oven clean. Hope this helps a little.

1 Like

Love me some curly fries!!!

3 Likes

They were really good, glad I picked em up at the grocer

1 Like

chicken,salat,bread

12 Likes

One of my favorite breakfasts is plantains, eggs and toast. :love_you_gesture:t2:

10 Likes

That’s the problem-- there is nothing to score!
They apparently take all the Jowls during processing, remove the skin and pack it all into a huge press- creating a block-- which they freeze an sell by sawing off slabs…
Not a all what I expected… but I guess this is how these ‘Yanks’ do jowls… It’s salvageable–just not what I wanted.
HOWEVER-- I DID find a Butcher/Processor not too far away that says they have ‘whole smoked jowls’ on occasion- and will call me next time they smoke them.!
Copied your recipe!
Thank You!!! :relaxed: :+1:

2 Likes

Never had plantains-- only available occasionally here-- gotta try them next timeI see them!

1 Like

These are killer

8 Likes

He’ll yes I love them

1 Like

Oh man. They’re so good! Haha they are super cheap where I get them. I’ll send a whole box. Green or ripe.

1 Like

Cabbaged Beef.

14 Likes

Rack of lamb, grilled and mashed potatoes with oil and vinegar, salad

18 Likes

Oreos and bean dip!

5 Likes

Dang ! A whole year and you come rolling in with chocolate farts. Welcome back , I think.

6 Likes

15 Likes

Followed by this dankity plate o chow

12 Likes

Maaaaaannnnn. Eyes up on that.

1 Like

My friend made this baklava honey cheesecake and it was that damn good folks…I told her I’ll make her dinner this coming week because it will be in the 70’s, thinking of firing up the grill.

21 Likes

Got a breadmaker first try turns out my yeast from 2020 breadmaking was dead 2nd try went much better

11 Likes

Döner today

19 Likes