What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

Chicken tahcos!

had to get more tahco Tuesday is getting yelled throughout the air. :grin:

14 Likes

Did a lot of yard work yesterday so I just used the crock pot to do my cooking…roast turkey bean soup was being slow cooked while I got my yard and garden ready for this season of growing veggies.

Thawed a turkey carcass that was in the freezer and roasted it in my air fryer…

Doesn’t look like much now but in the end it’s all good…

Shishito Peppers for the win…way too early to put them outside.

11 Likes

Reducing chicken and turkey carcasses into soup is becoming a lost art these days…
…Except around my place… :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Glad to see someone else doing it as well. :+1:

Cheers
G

9 Likes

I do it all the time, I love homemade roast chicken/turkey soup…I try not waste food, some folks throw the carcass in the trash but not I…I also keep ham bones folks.

What folks don’t realize is that you can get 2 meals when you buy those store bought rotisserie chicken, make roast chicken soup people…

4 Likes

My wife is French Canadian, her family yellow pea soup has to be proper pork hocks or a ham bone.
Now the green pea soup is ham only, I don’t understand why it’s different but it’s all great!!

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Making a quick chicken egg onion fried rice. I cooked a chicken breast on the grill and had rice last night so it made sense to whip this up.

8 Likes

Anytime we get a whole chicken, I make stock and it is so much better than the store bought stock.

3 Likes

Southwest chicken wrap

11 Likes

Went to my buddy’s bar after work and met up with 4 of my farmer/rancher grower buddies having a good time…they are all counting down the days when I start boozing/smoking again…
Actually they have that day all planned out for me…we will be going to 3 bars and will eventually end up in my hometown…I will be doing a Trifecta…booze, weed and mushrooms…my rancher buddy also brought some steaks to put on the grill for everyone in the bar…perfectly grilled folks.

14 Likes

Cooked prime rib roast to rare in sous vide, cut in half.

Finished on the grill until medium rare

Rendering fat cap to crisp it up and fet that char goodness
Served with roasted rutabaga mash, butter poached radishes and some easy peasy steamed broccoli tossed in poaching butter and garlic with a little wasabi sauce to finish. Was unreal

21 Likes

That sounds wicked man.

1 Like

I’d eat that !!!my brother taught me about cooked butter radishes so good. that plate would be empty over in in no time. Great cook on the steak

1 Like

9 Likes

Ham, cheese, egg sandwich very simple and easy…

16 Likes

I’ve started making fresh guac almost every morning. There’s almost always a little more than I can eat, so every third or fourth day it’s “only” the “leftovers.” HA!

It’s so simple. A small avacado, some (store bought) pico de gallo (or salsa if you can’t get pico), salt and lemon juice. I make it first thing so the flavors have a minute to marry.

Praise the lard, everything is fried in bacon fat!

16 Likes

frozen meat loaf and bagged veggies

13 Likes

Yesterday was Italian today was Spanish :call_me_hand:t2: :man_cook:t2:

15 Likes

Homemade crispy pork rinds(skin) seasoned with MSG instead of salt… better than the store bought ones w/salt people…

14 Likes

Oh fuck yahhh!!!

Do you dehydrate those first? I make some and serve it with beef tartar. Dehydrated and then fried though. Haven’t ever tried your tech. Want to try!!!