What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

i just picked up some sushi but it’s terrible. almost a waste to post it. salmon philly, spicy tuna roll, and crab dragon. i gave the crab dragon away, it was that terrible. i don’t like the salmon philly . and the spicy tuna roll was good last time so i’ll see how that one is. just tried it, also bad. i don’t know what the deal was, i guess it was old sushi.

5 Likes

ehm…that is one manky looking lemon …that is a couple days old…at least!
Hope you’re stomach doesn’t get pissed about it!!!

4 Likes

i guess i shouldn’t be surprised. last time i got it fresh, i don’t know how old it is. i posted pictures of the store in “post your pictures” thread. with that much seafood getting old it should be no surprised.

2 Likes

Yikes, that doesn’t look very good man. I am not a big fan of sushi, but my wife is. I only trust one place to get sushi and that’s at the main hospital I work in. It’s a weird place to find sushi but it’s a little place that’s family run and always made fresh. They will make any item for you kn the spot too, which is really cool. Hopefully you don’t have to pay for that after eating it bud.

8 Likes

A week at the cottage is always fun. 3 nights to go.

17 Likes

Surf n turf again, Happy 4th. of July folks, hope everyone is having good eats today…

Salmon

16 Likes

19 Likes

Beefy magic happening in there over the course of 6 hours

16 Likes

egg tacos with homemade pickles

12 Likes

I successfully recreated school Pizza

18 Likes

back in high school we always had the option of buying pizza but it was probably the greasiest pizza i’ve ever had. food was the only thing i liked about that school.

1 Like

This has the old high school terps

5 Likes

peanut butter and grape jelly. peanut butter jelly time.

7 Likes

Outta likes.

The old choke and slide. :yum:

1 Like

We decided to go out for dinner tonight. We went to a local Japanese place. Or maybe it’s Japanese fusion. I don’t fucking know. It was very good!

Mrs. mota had the restaurant’s signature dish, Iyasare kakiage tempura. It’s burdock root, onion, sweet potato, shiitake, and shungiku fashioned into small triangles and then deep fried. Served with bonito soy broth. Unfuckingbelievable! It was so delicious! Like just over the top French fries! The three little piles on the cutting board are, from the top, dry wasabi, chili flakes, and I don’t remember (which we agreed was the best of the three).

I had the teppan yaki, a 10 oz. prime, dry-aged NY strip with seasonal vegetables (primarily winter squash), ground daikon, shitake mushrooms and housemade steak sauce. It was good. The steak was not as well trimmed as it should have been, but other than that, it was a fine piece of seared flesh. Just not as good as Mrs. mota’s. Thankfully, she let me indulge myself in two of her “fry” wedges.

We’ll probably go back.

15 Likes

My buddy grilled but the wife prepared these good eats for us, very delish…

14 Likes

…i definitely would…looks goood.
sadly we don´t have japanese food(except sushi) around here. got to try it someday

1 Like

While sushi is perhaps the best known Japanese style of cuisine, it’s hardly the only style that can be over-the-top delicious! :yum:

I too hope you will have the opportunity to try other kinds of high quality Japanese food.

4 Likes

My 4th of July plate, craving seconds

14 Likes

…sounds like Nippon Holidays…over here i would expect the mediocre version

1 Like