What do you do with hermed seeds?

I have a really nice plant that threw out a bunch of :banana::banana::banana::banana: and made lots and lots of babies. I’m trying to get creative with them rather than throw them away.

A good recipe may interest me

Genetics are Dojo’s chem fruit self and chem fruit x Duke’s dominion g if anyone likes herms I guess. Would be some fire if not for the gigantic fuck up on my part

4 Likes

Hempseed tofu is something I’d like to try sometime. It’s supposedly pretty tasty. I think people make vegan style alternative cheeses with hempseeds too.

If the plant was really good I’d suggest saving some for planting too! The desirable traits might be able to be cleaned up and polished some or worked into something else while reducing the intersex traits. Many blessings and much love

1 Like

Pop them all in one large 12/12 from seed run and call it day.

10 Likes

Feed the chickens

7 Likes

Lots of cool things have come from accidental pollen drops.

You could eat them, but if you felt like sharing I’m sure some people would give them a shot.

I hate wasting beans too. So I keep a mixed jar around that I make packs out of and leave them at pubs for randos to find. Get a smirk whenever someone calls out “i found a pack of seed” Over Grow The World :metal:

7 Likes

I’ll generally hang on to them & label as herm-probable. Sometimes I’ll toss them in a ditch and see what happens. Sometimes I’ll sprout a few and see what comes of it. I had someone give me some GG#4 beans and one hermed out pretty bad. Planted 5 of those herm beans. One was a weakling, two had obvious herm issues early in flower, one had a few bananas late, but one stayed true and made some stinky, sticky, rhino-dick buds. I ended up cloning off of that one for years before eventually treating w/ silver & making S2’s for later. It never gave me any issues & some runs took a beating too, mites, thrips, power outages, general neglect, etc. If you’re willing to risk it or be patient weeding through some of them, you might end up with a nice surprise.

12 Likes

Lightly crush them up as a natural exfoliant additive to soaps, if you make soaps

If not, honestly if it was a really nice plant as you claim, IMO there’s no harm in keeping some of the nicest looking seeds aside for a rainy day project :man_shrugging:t2: it’s your own weed, who cares.

Some of the best and most popular genetics today are a result of herms :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I’ve often wondered if cannabis seeds would be good for SST :thinking:?

7 Likes

Lots of uses for seeds. You could eat them, they are nice and crunchy on a salad. You could sprout them and eat the sprouts, tasty on a sandwich. Or blend the sprouts up with water and feed them to your plants as a SST. Or simply grind them and top dress your plants as a seed meal.

13 Likes

Oh yeah, you said recipes… totally meant to add this to my last reply. I’ve been making Josey Baker’s adventure bread somewhat regularly. Use the google machine, recipe is all over the place. In a nutshell, its a bread with no flour, just seeds, oats, nuts, & oil, syrup, and fiber for a binder. I don’t see why you couldn’t sub in some herm seeds in whatever proportion you want. It freezes good but slice it first though or it’ll get harder than a wedding dick and you’ll never be able to cut it without defrosting the whole loaf.
Toasts up good w/ some butter. Might be worth a shot.

3 Likes

All good ideas! I too am dealing with an abundance of the herm seeds. Im going to make bubble hash with the buds but what should i do with the seeded bubble waste?

1 Like

Males and unstable genetics always grow extremely well about a mile upwind from any large government funded cannabis grow facility.

6 Likes

Remember most of your favorite strains came from an intersexual accident!

8 Likes

I put them in the rubbish and pull the plants :slight_smile:
Lots of others in the fridge waiting to live!

4 Likes

All cannabis plants have intersex abilities. It is their natural state of being. I firmly believe that hermaphodism is triggered by stress and is not predestined for any specific genetic strain. You might be throwing away the next “Haze” or “Northern Lights”. :rainbow:

9 Likes

Save them and grow them outdoors. I would bet outdoors would give less of a chance of hermies.

5 Likes

Eat them toasted on a pan or seed bombing as I drive to and from work on the highway/motor way

5 Likes

Burn them! Burn them up!

4 Likes

The opinion expressed in the previous post does not reflect the position or opinion of this television station or corporation. The opinion expressed in the previous post is strictly his opinion and his alone. This company does not condone violence against seeds of any racial or genetic background.

5 Likes

Burn them! Burn them up! I don’t care what your tv station says.

6 Likes