What Other Plants Do You Have?

What is Haskap?Haskap is the Japanese name for Lonicera caerulea (Edible blue Honeysuckle).It is the “branding name” being used in North America to differentiate the newer varieties of edible blue honeysuckle.It is a circumpolar species native to northern boreal forests in Asia, Europe, and North America. It is mainly found in low lying wet areas or high in mountains.Haskap is an ancient Japanese name of the Ainu people for the fruit meaning “berry of long life and good vision”.

http://haskapberries.com/haskap/what-is-haskap

3 Likes

Yellow Peonies

These are going to get massive this year.

Asian Pear is still putting on a show.

@lotus710, The Volunteer Tomato, got a little sun burned this week. The fruit is holding, but it’ll will need some re-vegging time. I will feed and prune it back tomorrow. Supposed to be sunny and cool.

Good day!

8 Likes

Is the Asian Pear ornamental or does it make pears? :cowboy_hat_face:

That tree makes real Asian Pears.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Current Events (NonCannabis)

The Tomato Project 2018

200 Seeds, 200 Cups. I’ll keep maybe 10, 1 of each type, for my garden. The rest will be gifted away.

4 Likes

Bleeding Heart

Keria

Plums & Tart Cherries are on the way!

9 Likes

that Keria is cool, I’ve seen those around, didn’t know what it was called.

one my favorite plants…bugleweed! ajuga “Black Scallop”

10 Likes

@99PerCent,
How do you keep your fruit trees so healthy? Do you have any pest management tricks?

3 Likes

Around here, the only thing I can offer is that when the worms come, and they will come, be prepared to kill lots of them. Feed them lots of food. They will re-generate leaves after the worms clear. Unfortunately, only the worst of chemicals works on them, so it is a tough choice. Spray or hand pick. Fortunately, this year, the Winter Moths are at a minimum, so I will just keep feeding them and hand pick. Yuck!

4 Likes

My front yard tree I adopted when I moved here.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Hydrangea?

Ninety Nine

White & Red Azalea

10 Likes

Ooh. I like the white and red. The pink look too much like Rhododendrons imo.

5 Likes

I have been taking suckers off of the white. These are so easy to clone.

These are indeed related to the Rhody.

1 Like

Oh, that makes sense than. I didnt realize they were related but I guess I should have

1 Like

The Iris are popping

You are not alone.

7 Likes

12 Likes

Hey bro! Hope your day is soaring in a nice Sativa high. Or maybe some of that lovely C99/Rom like I am! My raspberries are putting out little berries that begin to turn red but then dry up on the vine before they can finish. Too hot? Too much direct sun? Not enough water? Whatcha know? :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Right now rainin over the roses arround home:

11 Likes