What Other Plants Do You Have?

This tree is believe to be 4 years old but was a reasonable size when I got it. Not sure how long it takes to fruit but would guess year two. I have seen very very small trees produce fruit.

This is actually a ponderosa lemon and produces fruit the size of a small football.

The ultimate source of limonene terpenes!

5 Likes

I also have a fig, a mango, and a blueberry

9 Likes

Also - my fig tree is very confused and doesnā€™t realize itā€™s wintertime

5 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome!!! I want to get blueberry bushes, but neighbor and I have conflicting views. I want blueberries, he doesnt want wasps in fallā€¦heā€™s old, so I can respect that.
Sounds like you could make a killer smoothie there!! Fig, mango, blueberry and lemon!!! Blend that up with some ice!!

3 Likes

Thanks! I really like to grow trees because they are relatively low maintenance and these particular ones all yield fruit. Except the mango - I doubt it will ever fruit here.

Now that I think about it, most citrus trees are grafted. So provided you have good light they would likely fruit immediately.

2 Likes

I bought a dwarf blueberry bush 2 years ago. Damn itā€™s a slow grower. I picked off the flowers last year and am supposed to pick off half this year for decent berries in 3rd. Doubtful that I will even get more than a handful

2 Likes

Mine is a slow grower too. I figure if they yield anything at all itā€™s a victory.

1 Like

Happy little rosemary in my veg tent.

5 Likes

Just learned on my trip to Kauai that Mango trees are related to poison oak. Never knew that.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know that - I guess I shouldnā€™t rub it all over my face.

Here is picture of my most secret flower that shall remain nameless.

6 Likes

A better shot

6 Likes

The sap of a mango trees were dried, powdered, and sold as itching powder. I wonder if that would even be legal today. :imp: :thumbsdown::joy:

3 Likes

You even stumped this flower freak. Itā€™s actually making me crazy that I canā€™t identify it. Maybe poppy

2 Likes

It is indeed a poppy. Papaver Somniferum. The flowers are a few different colours from red to pink to white. Hereā€™s another one

6 Likes

I have some Vincas and phlox growing in a box exactly like that. Mines starting to break down too.

2 Likes

The wine boxes make great planters. They do tend to split but Iā€™m ok with that. Iā€™ll just find some new ones behind fancy restaurants.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good idea! I should hit up bev mo, bet they would give me a bunch

3 Likes

Behind strip malls is an excellent place to find 5 gallon buckets too

3 Likes

Just chopped down an old 15ft lilac bush. Well chopped it back to almost nothing.
Thing is a Powdery Mildew monster, hoping since i cut it down to a little bush I can keep it in check w sprays. If not ill have to kill it.

5 Likes

I have the same problem with a lilac bush.
I cut it down to 1 foot tall.
When it grew back it still had PMā€¦ but it was a smaller plant to treatā€¦

4 Likes