What Other Plants Do You Have?

Last year I found a hybridized Lilac bush that actually grows in my zone. It doesn’t need all the chill hours. It is like a foot tall now and is my prized plant. So far no pm on it. Hopefully this fancy hybrid is resistant. I didn’t realize the bushes were such a problem.

3 Likes

Isn’t that an opium poppy? Make a few scores before work and scrape the goodness after work?

3 Likes

Bought these for myself for Christmas…
Drosera capensis 25s – Carnivorous Plant Sundew Seeds
Drosera Mysterious Mix 50s, Carnivorous Plant Sundew Seeds
Drosera finlaysoniana 25s, Carnivorous Plant Sundew Seeds
Drosera spatulata (mix), 25s, Carnivorous Plant Sundew Seeds
From this site—> https://lgmplants.ca/shop/drosera-spatulata-25s/

Lol…its a good excuse to buy another light, right? If anyone has any tips, send 'em! Lots of CP forums are old and stagnant. Relevant…but…still.

7 Likes

It is an opium poppy. They’re legal to grow but if you start scoring pods and they find out it’s no good.

The poppy heads are valuable too.

4 Likes

Got my drosera seeds yesterday!!!
Gonna get the peat moss + perlite rinsing in some melted snow sometime this week…probably do a couple washes to be sure everything is clean.

Now, I dont know this Feng guy I got these from. But either he is really good at origami or he was a heroin packager…these are the cutest, smallest little ‘crack packs’ I’ve ever seen!
But it is not crack or heroin…just drosera seeds…lol.

8 Likes

You’re not joking, those are immaculate.

How old do they have to be before they start carnivorizing? The site you grabbed em from days a year to maturity, but I don’t quite know what maturity means for a drosera

2 Likes

Maybe Santa? :santa: Elves?

Child labor? :laughing:

:v: :envelope:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Oh yeah yo @cannabissequoia I found out giant sequoias are cold hardy something like Zone <6-8! There’s a couple in damn near every state in the country. (Not naturally, of course.)

2 Likes

I have several flower beds with mostly lillies and some other flowers and several vegetable beds

3 Likes

Some of those forums I’ve visited said within 2 months of germination they should start producing dew. At that point, I can start feeding micro pieces of flaked fish food…about a pinhead size every week. And then once it start throwing full sized leaves I can start feeding fruit flies and such.

3 Likes

Those little child hands would make it much easier…lol

1 Like

Yeah, & I think in the UK & Japan too. The entire northern hemisphere was connected when conifers were doing there thing but there’s also been human transplantng too. Our capitol mall has all those flowering cherry trees that were a gift from Japan a long time ago(1800s I think :thinking:).

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

So heres my other plants currently in the same space as the cannabis

6 Likes

Sphagnum peat moss - check
Perlite - check
Large container with clear lid - check
Distilled water - check…
Getting ready for my trip to 'Drosera’ville!!!
About $50 for everything (including seeds) to get this little hobby started. Lol…I had a spare light on-hand…so no cost there.
Basically had to jerk the guy off to let me outside to grab the peat…lol…fucker, just do your job and go home…lol

5 Likes

Tee hee

13 Likes

@Meesh silly thing…way too much free time lol btw Holy Punch threw first pistils today :grin:

3 Likes

Are you “playing dress-up” with your seedling?
That’s a new one for me… (goofy girl)
:smirk:

4 Likes

Here’s our sensative plant.

6 Likes

And here’s our garden from last summer.

9 Likes

Trying to find a home for these two Aloe, always running out of window space.

10 Likes