What strains did you grow in 2020

Sounds like an Indica lovers wet dream and a sativa lovers worst nightmare :sweat_smile:

Bummer, sounds like a mold magnet for me outdoors.

4 Likes

I thought the cheese strains were heavy indica leaners. I know the blue cheese I had was heavy couch lock. With me at least raciness seems more about terps than some other things I expected…still learning.

3 Likes

It’s a hybrid.

"Cheese is a famous strain that originated in the United Kingdom. The strain is a phenotype of Skunk #1 a cross between Afghanistan (Indica), Mexico (Sativa) and Columbia ( Sativa). It first appeared between 1988 and 1989 and was quickly cloned and passed on. " Per Wikipedia

Mine is very sativa leaning. Its really funny though when you look up for instance Skunk 1, some will say indica dom and some say sativa dom. All the skunks and variants I have ever grown lean very sativa though. I know my Cheese plant is crazy psychotropic, along with my UFS and the Skunk 1 I grew this year.

7 Likes

Good idea to begin this thread for 2020, thanks @Meesh

Dyvider (f2s) from @Scissor-Hanz via @ReikoX

Thanks to @Viva_Mexico for
Cookies Kush x Sexy MF (LED Seedz)
King Kong x Sexy MF
Purple Crack x Sexy MF

SLH x Jesus OG from @Scissor-Hanz

Mandala Seeds
Satori
Hash Berry
Far Out

Pretty bad year for everything but growing flowers.

9 Likes

Agreed! My outdoors sucked this year

1 Like

I just got started again this year, long slow build for my grow.
So far only have my bag seed practice plants that are about to be harvested
Bag seeds (unknown pollen donor) from
Critical mass
Grease monkey
Banana kush
Ethos cookies (culled hermi)

Then in veg I have
Orange goji f2
Tester- SCJedi’s (Apollo 11 x Apollo 13) x Blackwater
Tester- calyx bros Big league grape - bubblegum x grape pie
God bud 2.0 clones
Sebrings revenge

6 Likes

@Seamonkey84 Is your Orange Goji stinking up your whole veg tent yet? Mine literally stunk up my entire backyard this year as soon as it was knee high to a grasshopper. It was the craziest thing. That plant absolutely reeked from birth. lol Stinky in a really good way. First time I’ve ever had a reeker in veg. lol

3 Likes

Got me beat by a few …gg4, ssh, solo2, solo3, joti gods bubba, cbc strawberry haze x banana og, sour mintzxb.og x3, lavender x3, ufs18’s, Afghani, orange goji, bubba kush, black funk dawg, chem95, white widow,

3 Likes

Actually, barely any smell from stem rubs or trimming. They are a bit nutrient deficient too, being in the 16oz challenge lol. About to up pot 2 out of 4, then try to bloom the other two. They are f2, no idea how different they are from f1

3 Likes

Started with seeds that had been in my Dad’s drawer for over a decade. Did some crosses, regs and fems, with them, some skunk#1 hybrids and kushes.
Ice Cream Cake, Cherry Punch, Purple Punch, Napali Pink, Runtz, Strawberry Cheesecake (HSC), All Gas OG (HSC), Banana Mango, GG4, LA Wedding Pop, Zkittlez, Sour D.

4 Likes

Ive done some selections with skunk1 hybrids, usually selecting more towards the indica broadleaf phenos. I thought skunk1 had been stabilized in structure, but when I pop a bunch of beans, about 1 in 50 still come out very sativa, lanky, narrow leafed. The sativa is still in there, even after more indica pheno selection, probably from deep into the Colombian or Acapulco lineage.

4 Likes

Some of you missed the second question of the post…

what was your favorite out of what you’ve grown this year(and why)? :eyes:

I see a lot of strains grown, and not any info :crying_cat_face: :joy:

3 Likes

My UFS was like that. Razor leaves, lanky and skinny. Crazy yield though! 5 pounds wet. It was only a 5 foot plant. This one one of the small buds

11 Likes

@Meesh, couldn’t help it. Love the tan lines

1 Like

Sssdh
Zkittlez auto
Red mandarine ( was super disappointing, worst I’ve ever grown in 10 years of growing)
Gg4xogk
Fruity pebblez 3 x purple kush
Chem dog ibl

4 Likes

In no particular order:

Yeti OG
Tropicanna Cookies F2*
Strawberry Diesel Cookies
'88 G-13/HP*
Mikado*
Stardawg
Chem Kesey*
Cherry Queen*
DLA11*
Hindu Kush
Blowfish*
Monkey Balls*
Yeti OG x Tropicanna Cookies*
Rebel OG F2*
Granddaddy Purple*
Twinkle Tarts*
Purple Betty*
Albino Boogieman*
Welchie*
Dynoberry Bites
Stank Bubble
Grease’s Pieces*
Triangle Kush S1*
Trifi Sundae*
Sweet Tartz*
Triangle Kush x UK Cheese*
Obama Kush S1*
Face Off IX*
Race Fuel OG*
Pure OG Kush x Triangle Kush*
Hell’s Angel OG Bx1*
Black Triangle F2*
Monkey Juice*
Motor City Fighter*
Motorbreath #15*
Hazmat OG*
Duct Tape*
Grandpa’s Breath S1*
Booba*

The * indicates that I still have the cultivar in my stable and/or I am still working with the cultivar. I might have missed a few, but if so, they didn’t stand out at all anyway. Picking a favorite would be impossible because the ones that I have kept around all have intriguing qualities. I am always looking for the best plants, so I germinate populations, never just 1-2 seeds. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

10 Likes

@Kasper no the UFS smells and tastes like Sprite

Haha ! @Prince Those would be my Cali tanlines!

3 Likes

I love seeing these lists every year, and I’m always impressed with just how many plants some of you get through (@stanknugzz77 looking at you!).

I started off 2020 finishing the Blue Tara preservation run. Seems like forever ago. Time to start another seed run!
Bubblelicious (Nirvana)
Blue Power (Sin City)
Orange Push Pop F2 (Seed Junky)
Lush x 88G13/HP (Bodhi Testers)
Chocolate Rain (Eskobar)
Death Stomper (Ice River Genetics)
Orange Goji (50 State)
Cherry Queen F2 (Bodhi via Lefthandseeds)
Purple Unicorn F5 (Bodhi)
Zkittlez S1 (CSI)
HarleSin (Sin City)
Soloberry (anonymous4289)
Yeti OG x Tropicanna Cookies (stanknugzz77)
Motz Cherry AK47 (OleReynard)

If I had to choose it would be Death Stomper. Such a great and easy strain that really reminded me so much of Death Star.

14 Likes

@stanknugzz77 How’s that Motorbreath? I’ve been looking around for it to no avail as someone said it has a real RKS element to it.

1 Like

Strains i grew in 2020 not counting stuff that wont finish before 2021.

Cherry Queen
Hollyweed
Sour Strawberry (RIP BOG)
Orange Gogi
Space Monkey
Apollo x Deathstar

Two of the phenos i found in Space Monkey are really good all around smoke. Smell, taste, flavor and both are complete opposites of each other in those departments. And both are potent smoke. Orange Gogi was amazing as well. Can not wait to dig through the f2s i have. Heavy yielder and nice orange cream taste.

10 Likes