What strains do you miss/had the biggest impression on you?

Was Gifted a G-13 cut back in like in 2003, not sure what line it comes from , But I almost shed some tears when i lost her :disappointed_relieved: lost contact with the guy who got it so im not sure who the breeder is.

6 Likes

Most likely air or pacific (g13) for that year :wink:

3 Likes

I miss the Federation Seed Company (RIP).
They had some killer gear. Hawaiian Sativa, Cotton Candy and Romulan.
One of my top 3 cultivars of all time was a Romulan X Mikado. This shit was super-tart. A tart/metallic taste, almost like licking a 9 volt battery.
Their Hawaiian Sativa X Cotton Candy was a beauty too. Creamy vanilla/menthol Haze like flavor.

Also, SIlver Haze (my namesake) from Sensi Seeds.
Back in early-middle 90’s this was the shit! You could literally smoke this one anywhere and it smelled so incredible, it didnt even smell like weed.
It was sandalwood/Ivory soap smelling. Beautiful soaring high also.
Seeds were smuggled out of A-Dam during a cannabis cup way back in the early 90’s.
Beautiful shit. Def leaned towards the Haze. Lanky frame and smaller buds, but their quality made up for the lower yields.

9 Likes

their titian was a great one

all the best

Dequilo

4 Likes

Loved Cotton Candy and Mikado. There was a pheno of Cotton Candy that was really special, Brad from H.D. turned me on to that strain, was his favorite.

3 Likes

G13, Afghani, Chocolate Thai and RKS! :v:

5 Likes

I miss Schrom and the Lime.

Schrom was funky, cerebral, and remains my favorite lemon strain to date.

The lime wasn’t particularly potent but, damn, the flavor rocked socks. PITA to grow, too.

2 Likes

The federation romulan x cotton candy was one I ran back in the day. Was definitely a favorite and one that seems to be long gone.

3 Likes

G13 haze from Barney’s
savage bud structure
calyxes the size of a dime
 crazy. Great smoke too
smelled like a strawberry poptart

4 Likes

Thanks piper ill look into those :pray:

Toke
1 Like

The absolute best weed I ever smoked was in 1968 our friends just got back from Vietnam and the shit he had brought back was amazing smoke damn wish I kept any seeds
Same time frame the Panama red

5 Likes

Had a relative bring back some black weed with them it was unbelievable

I was buying mexican dirt weed for 80 dollars a key and selling for 15 dollars a lid

the black weed had seeds in it, started some in the spring of 1974 and put it outside

they got so tall, had the cops and the firemen there most of a day burning it

good times

all the best

Dequilo

11 Likes

I grew that one also I think. The Big Bud X?mikado?. Trying to remember the cross. I know it was Big Bud X.
Large plants ,large buds!

Cotton Candy was some tasty shit for sure!. Like growing good Haze flavor w/o all the headaches lol.
I so wish i found find a cutting of some original Cotton Candy from Federation. Im sure its still around in circles in B.C.

6 Likes

Brad is really great guy also. I go to him to purchase my genetics usually if possible.

3 Likes

it is I believe

I just pickup some of Federations Island Sweet Skunk for an outside project

this year

I grew it inside back when I started inside growing and somehow

miss the fact it stretched so much :scream:

had to bend it across the room to finish, but a very good smoke

all the best

Dequilo

4 Likes

My Grandfather, who taught me how to grow, used to have this strain called White Russian. It was White Widow x AK47 and it was always so frosty and smelled and tasted great. Very high potency, like off the charts. He had access to clones of said plant for many years before starting his own mother, about 10 years back he had to quit growing due to health complications, and with it went this particularly potent White Russian pheno.

I miss it like I miss him, would love to hunt down that pheno some day, and see what I can do with it.

Another important strain from my past was R2, which is a local strain, possibly even landrace, that had been prominent in the 90s and early 2000s here in Nova Scotia. Great yield, great potency, but the buds and plants themselves looked awful. It still pops up every now and then, but I’ve heard they are notoriously difficult to pollinate so you just don’t see any seeds around. We used to plant big handfuls of these in the spring and come back in the summer to ALL female plants. Only a couple males were even found out of dozens, or even hundreds of plants we grew of this strain. Freak of nature that I’d love to get my hands on again.

12 Likes

Very interesting!

Could be a useful breeding tool, if you ever track it down

4 Likes

White Widow and White Russian etc. were gorgeous strains back in the day.
A friends’ friend was growing Widow, and when you smoked the stuff, you’d get 3 different flavors out the joint. Piney, spicy and sweet. Real cool smoke.
I believe that most of the original Dutch seed co’s have lost their parental stock over time due to raids that were the backbone of 90’s Holland seed biz.
Practically all the original stuff is gone. they trying to re-create these but cannot. Its sad cuz there was some really good gear coming out of Holland back then.

9 Likes

white rhino, back in the day it was white everything

lot of them were good smoke

peace

Dequilo

5 Likes

Sold as Northern Lights in early 2000’s but who knows. Outrageous light green pinesol nuggets. I swear it isn’t rose colored glasses or me being young and only regularly getting brick weed. It was honestly some of the best bud I, to this day, have ever seen. It also cost $25/gram in 2004 dollars.

Dragonsbreath sold at a festival in southern IL in 2007.

Golden Goat, still around 'cause it’s awesome.

Lemon G, 'cause it’s so raunchy

Apollo 13 cut I got in Denver and lost.

9 Likes