What to breed with Lebanese?

True, but I’d trust ACE seeds more than most anyday.

I should probably update this thread and mention that I do have 4 Lebanese going outdoors (2 of the ACE and 2 of the Blue Hemp x RSC).

I also attempted to germinate 2 of the Guerrillas’ Gusto and 2 of the Ruderalis Indica. Only 1 Guerrillas’ Gusto popped - zero Ruderalis Indica :frowning:. That was pretty disappointing, but I’ll try to pop more of them in the fall. The Guerrillas’ Gusto is “in the wild”. I haven’t checked it since I planted it. If it survives on this much LITFA, I might just breed it to one of the Lebs. It would be nice to have a super-hardy, LITFA-fueled, low THC, “wild” plant that thrives in my local climate. Maybe back-cross it to Leb 2 or 3 generations and see what happens.

5 Likes

I apologize for being so late to the party, I don’t know how the hell I missed this thread for six months. :joy:

I spent a hot minute researching these lebanese, as well as the climate of the region across time, and I believe your plan in the OP is perfect. All of the traits you’re looking for are already in the lebanese so by adding the CBDream cross you made that also fits your plan, you can increase the genepool in all of the traits that don’t matter while keeping the traits that you do want in place.

From what I’ve read, RSC is 100% from Bekaa, Ace sounds like it’s from Bekaa Valley from the description, and the BlueHemps’ Lebanese is another stupid-fast flowering, sativa-looking plant, that only makes sense from a desert with a relatively high latitude, i.e. a short growing season.

The only trait you’d be missing is density, which might be workable just through selection

4 Likes

I appreciate your comments, Diggy! I am hoping at least one of the current Lebs ends up male (and it looks like 2 of them probably will be) and I am going to collect and preserve as much pollen as I can from them and do some playing with other strains when things move back to my tent in the fall. Such a great hobby! :grin:

5 Likes

If the RSC flowers as fast as the blue hemp, definitely pollinate as early as possible. My blue hemps finished easily under 50 days… I think I got viable seeds, but I ran them long.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip, brother!

3 Likes