What to breed with Lebanese?

Yes! Stop buying seeds so you will have to trade more with us to sate your strain addiction!

7 Likes

Ah, good then. I am going to breed a super South African line now that I have Kwa-Zulu, Durban Poison, Lesotho, Pondo, Swazi Gold, and Transkei. I am on the road to re-create the old legendary RooiBart strain. Or something better with super high THCv levels.

8 Likes

The price was so good, I couldnā€™t resist :flushed: - plus I donā€™t recall anyone talking about those two strains here on OG.

The Ruderlis Indica, in particular, seems like it will be a really good strain for me to try.

BTW I am starting to harvest my crop of autos and it looks like the seeds are going to be very good. Dark and shiny. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, the regseed dot com prices are dirt cheap, and shipping is like $6. And they have a shirtload of strains available. It is so hard to resist, that I bought some more from there myself this week. They are in the mail today, should be here on Tuesday. They get here that fast. Not like buying from Africa by slow boat. Those seeds may never get here.

Too bad I do not grow autos. Photo regs only. Rooter-indicas should be a hoot.

3 Likes

Now these threads have me thinking of a Durban x Lebanese. Nearly a pure sativa, early harvest, high CBD, high THCvā€¦ high functioning day weed. Oooohhh la la!

9 Likes

Been meaning to ask you about this. Several sources, including RSC, call Lebanese an Indica. Any authoritative answer out there?

4 Likes

Iā€™m currently growing some blue hemp Lebanese and black Lebanon. The black lebs all look indica to me so far, but the blue hemps are showing both expressions.

Iā€™ve heard that it is common for Lebanese strains to show both. Iā€™ll take some pictures when theyā€™re a little farther along.

6 Likes

While I am interested, I canā€™t look

Dammit! ok maybe iā€™ll take a peek

Ahhhh! I gotta look now

Phew! looked and resisted the buy for the moment though the temptation is very real ((sigh)) like I could grow them all outā€¦theyā€™d just sit in standby anyhow though have the site bookmarked! Thank you :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Iā€™m so happy weā€™ve messed up your thread @cogitech with a truly interesting side chat. :slight_smile:

@PanchoVilla Both the DPxLebanese idea and your Afro-Maximus project sound very, very good. :earth_africa: :thumbsup:

@Sunvalley i think this stuff :point_up_2: sounds like good stuff for you to critique! :smile:

:thinking: Moroccan x Lebanese? ā€¦is pre-1990s Moroccan even obtainable? 'think Iā€™ve read that all hashmaking regions have hybridized out the wazoo (for logical profit-seeking reasons) and the chance of finding something without Holland or California or even Mexico is slim. Hmm.

:evergreen_tree: Iā€™ve got excuses for days :tongue:

4 Likes

Iā€™d like to hope the pre 90s morrocan is still available but the only beans I see are world of seeds ketama or philosopher seeds early Morocco and I havent seen either grown myself so cant vouch for it. Morrocan hash plant was very popular in the 80s Iā€™m sure somebody has a few beans they kept in a film canister somewhere.

5 Likes

Hereā€™s some of my Lebanese plants. Theyā€™re still young, but you can see the differences in the leaves. The bottom left Blue Hemp leb is starting to produce narrower leaves, while most of the others are broader. Iā€™ve heard that the RSC is similar to the Blue Hemp in having both types.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got RSC x Blue Hemp and ACE Seeds to play with, but I am limited to 4 plants and I want at least one male. Decisions, decisions.

1 Like

Yes, many agree that Lebanese is really sativa. ACE seeds now lists Lebanese as sativa. Seed companies are not exactly authorities though. All agree that there are two phenotypes of Lebanese. A sativa and indica. Even RSC says that. Lebanese have more narrow leaves, more open flowers, and the high has no couch effect. The indica pheno is more open and just has longer and larger leaves.

The problem is that much written and accepted sources for Cannabis are outdated and wrong. Dividing Cannabis between indica, sativa and ruderalis was never popular in botany. Newer genetic evidence shows that is a bad way to define Cannabis species. Genetically there is no real distinction between indica and sativa marijuana. There is only a weak genetic divide between psychoactive strains (including sativas and indicas) and non psychoactive strains (European hemp and ruderalis). Since all Cannabis can breed with all other Cannabis there should be no species dividing them. Also inter breeding and hybrids has blurred all the lines between auto, hemp and CBD strains. Also psychoactive sativas and indicas have all been bred into mutts now.

More on this:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi2qr2-rYfhAhVGxFQKHRXrAVAQgAMoAnoECAAQBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fscholar.google.com%2Fscholar_url%3Furl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.realhemp.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F09%2F37-Genetic-evidence-for-speciation-in-Cannabis.pdf%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26scisig%3DAAGBfm3h3XhAUDjqAw04zS7DII2r5R44BQ%26nossl%3D1%26oi%3Dscholarr&usg=AOvVaw16FRSgU8MQBUTcmjw0XXIC

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been reading a lot of this type of stuff lately and I still seem to have some sort of mental block that fixates me on the old way of thinking about Indica, Sativa, Ruderalis and hemp.

I guess it is because the Indica vs. Sativa thing seems to play out in real life for me. I had some Atomic Haze last night and it floored me how different it is compared to most of the other strains I have in jars right now (Indicas and hybrids mostly with high CBD). I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Very ā€œupā€ without being racy.

2 Likes

Agreed. Sadly from the north spreading south Morocco landraces are being replaced with Pakistani indica for more potent hash. I have been looking for southern Morocco strains. All I can find are northern replacement genetics. There were at least 3 different landraces at one time in Morocco.

4 Likes

Where did the Black Lebanese come from? They defianately look more indica. I never heard of that one. I have seen Blue Hemp from Switzerland, RSC from the UK, and Leb27 from Denmark. Ace also has a line of Lebanese from Spain. Dutch Seeds also has what they call Blonde Lebanese. The Swiss and UK lines grow similar, with a sativa and indica pheno. Both finish in September outside here. The indica leaves get a lot thinner toward harvest.

5 Likes

The black is a newer offering from geneseeds. I think theyā€™re from Spain? They show jet black plants late in flower. Pretty cool.

I also have the leb27 from derg. Do you know anything about that one?

6 Likes

Seedfinder says this about Black Lebanese from GeneSeeds:
ā€¦

Black Lebanon is our cross between two different lines of Lebanese, first a strain with hints of very pronounced earthy hashish that we selected and used as crossroad for develop Whiplash and secondly a strain selected from a handful of seeds brought from a territory of Lebanon war, and selected a cut of them with a fruity touch hard to describe.

The name Black was adopted because with a minimum breath of cold during flowering achieves precious black purple colors. In their fragrances we find hints from earthy touches to fruity and fresh hash. Black Lebanon itā€™s an easy growth plant and faster if we are running a flowering cycle of only 60 days.

Genetics: Lebanon x Lebanon.
Taste: Earthy / fruit / hash.
Power: Very High.
Production: High.
Flowering: 60 days Inside, Outside early October.

Leb27 was a landrace taken to Denmark and grown there because Lebanese finishes so early. Supposedly it had been growing there for 27 years when it became available. Hence the name. Denmark is like the US PNW and usually gets cold and wet by October. So Leb27 was the answer to crappy early Dane outdoor fall climate and the 55 degree latitude with low sun angle. The original Danes said that they selected Leb27 lines to finish really early. I have found that Bekaa Valley strains will finish either in early or late August. Which is what they do in Lebanon. So they selected early finishers

There are other numbered lines of Leb27 that I have seen. These include Leb30 and V2. Leb30 is said to be the results of 30 years of local breeding in Denmark. The parents of Leb30 are Leb27 stock. Leb30 also looks black at harvest time, so that may be the source of your Black Lebanese. Leb30 was bred by ZenSeeds and they also call it a sativa. They say it has 3 phenotypes: green, purple and red. Lebanese V2 is from Hybrids from Hell and they call it an indica. It was bred for better mold resistance, but keeps the wider range of harvest times between early August and early September. HFH also has a strain called Leb27S which is more sativa dominant.

9 Likes

The hybrid Iā€™d really like to make would be Black Cherry Soda x Lebanese. Both have very delicate complex terpene profiles and are very medicinal. The lebanese would bring some cbd, and the black cherry soda would hopefully bring its relatively high cbg, and some additional color. The purple color and cbg are both recessive in black cherry soda, it would be an interesting pheno hunt in the offspring. Unfortunately I canā€™t find black cherry soda anymore, I used to be able to find clones and s1 seeds locally.

3 Likes

That BCS sounds nice, man!

2 Likes