What would you do with a seeded ounce?

My son gets his weed on the grey market and this go around his guy sent him a seeded ounce of Crystal as a “bonus”.

I don’t know when the last time you all cleaned weed, but I’m not interested in doing this - at least beyond claiming a few beans - to give to others mainly as I prefer to run feminized seeds - no fuking around.

Should I make hash? butter? green dragon? Experts, do seeds need to be removed before processing?

2 Likes

Take it back and tell him it’s an inconvenience not a bonus! Joking aside. Make dry ice hash or bubble hash would be quick. Idk about decarb if it with the seeds in it for butter but could be an easy option also.

4 Likes

We do bubble hash round these parts.

5 Likes

I’ve got new bubble bags that I’ve been itching to use, but haven’t accumulated enough plant matter to run. I’ve got to read up on using them tho as I’ve only been a passive observer (about 20 years ago at that) and have never done this.

2 Likes

Yes removing the seeds no matter what you do with it is necessary…….

2 Likes

If you are thinking bubble hash, check out out Joe’s thread.

It’s gotten long but there are some real ‘pearls of wisdom’ in there :woozy_face: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

at the price of seeds, the seeds are more valuable then the smoke! like getting hit in the head with a gold brick

3 Likes

If you make butter with it, it’ll mingle with the seed oils, and make a overall healthier weed butter than normal.

I don’t know that theres a good reason to do so, but hey, it beats deseeding and smoking it.

4 Likes

1oz of material is a lot of work for little return with bubble hash, 3.5g of hash at the absolute most if you beat the hell out of it.

I’d de-seed and smoke it or make medicated butter, personally.

3 Likes

If I had an existing pile earmarked for hash I’d throw it in.

I wouldn’t do a bubble run for 1oz that’s a lot of work for little return.

I might make butter. Or I might give it away to the less fortunate.

4 Likes

Depending on the buds you could yield 4 to one on the hash. The seeds will increase the weight with no hash yield, though.

1 Like

I have the washing machine (no standing over bucket with a drill) and don’t care about yield - Still a lot of work? I’ve got other bud I could throw in to the mix and some plant matter in the freezer. What would be the minimum to make it worthwhile?

Depends on what you wanna do. I have a lot of hash, so going to buy the ice and set everything up wouldn’t be worth it to me at that point. If you need some smoke, or you’re bored, or just itching for a run, hell go for it. I try to run as much as I can at once, it’s just as much work to run 1oz as it is running 10oz.

25% yield isn’t gonna happen like someone suggested lol but I’d expect about 2.5-4g of good hash off a seeded oz, then again depends so much on material and how long you spin, hard to say.

2 Likes

Yeah I totally figured that everyone had a bubble bin.

2 Likes

feel free to read my thread, as gpaw says… mm golden nuggets of wisdom :wink: It’s a long read and you’ve read some of it, I know. It encapsulates my entire journey of thinking I was making top notch hash to getting 4rth place in the contest. Then inventing a new hash making process people are calling DIY freeze dry or freeze dried hash. I call it “forever frozen” tech after that kids movie frozen lol!
— Hash matty

3 Likes

The main reason is because seeds when smoked taste like crap. Why go through all that effort to have a product that isn’t pleasant to smoke?

2 Likes

Claiming you invented freeze drying hash now?

I bet you get 50% hash returns and 6 pounds a light too lol.

4 Likes

I suppose you dont have to remove seeds for anything if you choose not to do so. But why not remove the seeds since it is so easy to do so. I have made a lot of rso and bubble and have always removed the seeds if there was any.
In making bubble the seeds wouldn’t go through the screen in the first place and in rso I don’t see where leaving seeds in would add anything to the final product.
I was using my statement as a blanket remark for what was being discussed.
If YOU choose to leave seed in those products then have at it. For myself and any recommendation I would give others I would suggest to remove them.

1 Like

lol! Hilarious man! Very few people will get why this is so…soooo funny!

3 Likes

I have made butter and extract with seeded bud. In both all matter and the seed are left with the plant matter.
:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes