Whats causing this

Anyone have any idea whats causing this… I cant seem to find anything under the leaves… Granted ill have to double check again tonight…

I have been treating them with neem oil for a week to be sure.

2 Likes

I see a very small amount of tip burn…

I also spotted a small white spot… if you are like me and smoke over your plants, this can be caused an errant Ash drop being left there…

Perhaps a closer up picture with the concerned area circled would be of more help…

1 Like

I dont smoke in my grow room, the white little thing is particule from the top dressing (Growstone gnatNix)…

Yes there’s small tip burn, nuts burn, news nuts and over fert…

But im wondering whats eating my leaves…

1 Like

What kind of light are you using? And how close is it?

1 Like

This is just a mother/cloning tent… 100w led…

It’s kind of hard to tell what’s going on in the picture. Looks like the leaves could be tacoing or bugs are eating away at the leaves.

Or some type of genetic mutation

1 Like

I’ve seen this on plants before, and been equally mystified.

If it were a tomato and outside, I’d say you have some kind of caterpillar.

2 Likes

You ought to be able to see the bug if there is one, more than likely mutation

3 Likes

Yeah that looks like a mutation of some sort. Caterpillars also do that kind of damage but they should be easy to spot.

1 Like

Yep definitly something eating it… I didnt had the time to check properly this morning, had to leave for work, but will clean everything tonight…

1 Like

If you can confirm its caterpillars or some sort of lepidoptera then you can treat the plant with BTk and be done with it. It’s very effective.

Slugs or hoppers ? Are they still around this time of year in your area?

1 Like

Snow outside :wink: so nope

1 Like

BTk? What’s that mean?

1 Like

bacillus thurigensis kurstakii. if that’s what you want, make sure it’s kurstaki and not israeliensis, the two most common options.

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure of the difference between BTk and BTi, so I looked it up…

Bacillus thuringiensis is a naturally occurring soil bacterium disease that is fatal to the larva stage of certain insects.

The kurstaki strain controls the larva stage (caterpillars) of certain moths and butterflies such as tomato and tobacco hornworm, cabbage worms, loopers, leaf rollers, bagworms, gypsy moths, tent caterpillar, fall webworm and others.

The israelensis strain is used to control mosquito and fungus gnat larvae by placing it into the standing water of mosquito breeding sites. Fungus gnat larvae control with the israelensis strain is obtained by drenching the soil of the infected plants with the bacterium.

Toxicity: Very low toxicity to humans, pets, birds, bees and fish.
Missouri Botanical Gardens.

3 Likes

Just be sure its caterpillars or some sort of worm, as it doesnt do much to anything else, which is why it’s so great. Its available at most hardware and garden stores in Canada for under $10 but it can be ordered online too.

1 Like