What's in your stable

That’s affirmative. OleReynard’s sale was before my time.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer but looks like I was already covered by 50!!!

1 Like

Always remember to lick it before you stick it. :wink: :+1:
:joy::joy::joy:

:cactus: !=:icecream: Dont’cha know.

1 Like

In my case a mother is kept to run clones from. But usually it is the smoke it produces that makes someone choose to keep it.

Also as you mention by running clones from same mother you can really learn your plant over time and the end result can get better. Heres my E pupil
current attempt at motherplant. Real good smoke n good yield. Shes revegged fully but Shes playing hard to clone though. They don’t wanna root.
Ill get her cloned.

i spread her out. Shes most of 4x4 n steady growing fast

I was contimplating taking cuts to level canopy n flowering the beast again. Any experience reflowering the whole plant ? Pros ?cons?
I just doubled her pot size she was a little bound in the old 5gal when i did it but not bad.

7 Likes

Pic of my reflowered Mama. I downpotted all four of my plants. 1 success, 1 failure, two struggling to make it 2 weeks.
https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/3X/6/6/66b0d9c2b38653459b521f60d8c876abfa0e30a1.jpg

1 Like

You know what to do. Cut some clonez and flip that thing. You know the stretch. How many gallons is that? You had it in a 5. At the current growth rate plus stretch. At least you got a whole tent to flower in. You could have autos flowering at the same time. Take advantage of unused space with autos. They can go 12/12 and be cool.

I thought he was playing about mother plants. Hell I tried to buy a gallon of litfa. Lol. Im running 2 Goji Pupil seeds I found in that bud. Well see what they look like. I still got that one.

Next order is SFV OG, Sunset Sherb, Gelato 41, Ghost OG, Cherry Cookies, and Wifi OG

Last one im getting for moms and myself is Rocket fuel GMO cross and a Bisxotti strain mom likes I’d like French macaroon.

I got some silver coming so im making seeds from my ladies. Im not rebuying seeds any more. id clone them than spray1 and put it to bed. Make some e seeds. Smart

1 Like

There are many reasons to keep mothers
As mentioned above it is a fast way for indoor growers to produce clones of a known keeper to avoid waisted space from unknown genetics.

If one has clean mothers and makes there own clones vs buying them your chances of bugs and disease drops drasticaly and so does your cost.

When growing from seed, especially with all the unstable genetics being created it’s a gamble at what you will get. Some are good some are not and then there are the feared herm plants showing back up more and more. Keeping a stand out plant once you find it avoids all of that.

When breading and stabilizing genetics as to avoid the before mentioned gamble with seeds keeping mothers to breed back to and use for dependable traits can quickly speed up the stabilization process. It can also bottleneck your genetics so good breeding ethics and knowlege is always required, along with a bunch of luck.

9 Likes

Why I keep the specific moms I do are for a multitude of reasons.
Some are family favorites not yet available in seed form. (Blue dream) ( girl scout cookies) (shapeshifter)
Ringos gift is a highly productive cbd strain that is used for medicine, I keep it to guarentee access to it for a patient who suffers from grandmal siezures.
My grape Rebellion is a stand out plant in all aspects. I’m working on stabilizing and making it available to the public.
Any others are explorative to keep, clone, test and determine if they have any potential as a keeper in either seed or clone form.

7 Likes

Update
Original blue dream
Girl scout cookies
Shapeshifter (sativa dom pheno)
Ringos gift (Katie cut)
My creation, stinkberry , specificaly the Grape Rebellion pheno I’m working to stabilize further.
( heirloom norcal skunk x sfv og ibl )
Florida gold
Skywalker og
Black dog
Runtz
Platinum pineapple f4

7 Likes

Current line up.
Have 3 death bubba bagseeds going now, hooing to find a keeper.

Mother plants

:deciduous_tree:GMO
:deciduous_tree:Chem d
:deciduous_tree:Dosido NorCal cut
:deciduous_tree:Magnum Opus - quack604 cut
:deciduous_tree:Skunk ‘91 #9
:deciduous_tree:Skunk ‘91 f2 #1 (Fruit Loops cut)
:deciduous_tree:GG4
:deciduous_tree:Ice Cream Cake
:deciduous_tree:Ortega x Snowlotus #1 (grape bubblicious cut)

9 Likes

This is the florida gold , it has a strong musky green bud smell already , I dont normaly like fem seed but this one could be a keeper, we will see

9 Likes

Kinda glows, doesn’t she?

2 Likes

Definetly has a happy look to her. I dont normaly like fem seed but it was a freebie and already has a musky dank smell when rubbed, always a good sighn in a vegging plant :smirk: very compact and I like the large teeth on the leaf, looks aggresive lol

3 Likes

Thinned out the heard recently after a few seed runs. Kept some personal favorites mainly.

Stardawg Corey
Grape Pie
AJ Sour Diesel
Nigerian Space Probe
Goji
Snow Lotus BX (2)
Snow Lotus BX males
(I95XSTARDAWG)F2 x (Afgooey x Wookie)) <-this
Captains Cake x 3ItP
Orange Herijuana

-GH

13 Likes

Black Dog

4 Likes

GSC

6 Likes

Platinum Pineapple F3 soon to be F4

6 Likes

Skywalker Og

7 Likes

Florida Gold
This plant reeks of dank skunky kushy goodness already :stuck_out_tongue: lowest branches are catching up to the top, grows like a menora
Maybe I’ll call her resulting offspring menora kush.

9 Likes