What's in your stable

I would be curious to know WHY these Mothers are kept.
Accident? Good plant? Holding to learn about the strain?

I have a revegged ColombianGoldxPanamaRed, sister of my herm. She came down quite early in a newbie botrytus incident that I won’t rehash here. She still has a freaky single spiral leaf revegg morphology. I hear it gets better.
I have a hopeful GSCxOaxacan (I give her 60% chance) and a Jillybean that isn’t looking at all happy.
All three are mainly for practice.

If I was naming your cross that’s what I would go with.

Used to go through bottles of this in elementary school.

2 Likes

ONLY reason I keep a Mom is when I find an exceptional plant, like my A.H and like Razor(OG) .
AH is the only cut of her in the USA that I know of, and love her…Razor is a killer pheno of 50states Orange Goji.

I kept cuts of Reynards AK47 because they smell of cherry, and since I harvested them this morning, I will know if I am keeping any soon.

When I have new strains running, I keep a “Mom”. Just in case that particular plant turns out stellar, I have her!!
I run everything from clones…even when I have seeds I will grow them out till large enough to take cuts to run.

In my Octopots i need to place females, NOT maybe’s…just the way I roll, LMAO!!!

Give you a past example. 10 years ago i ran AK47 from Sensi. Ran 7 plants, 1-7, kept 7 moms till harvest. 5 of the plants were average at best…2 were killer. So i tossed the 5 Moms, kept the best of the killer two. Whenever I wanted AK47, I just pulled a cut of mom, and ran it.

4 Likes

LMAO!! Never heard of it before…Hey did I send you a package recently??? Thinking I did, wonder if you got it.

Probably comes today, no mail yesterday huh!

3 Likes

You have Orange Sunshine f2s you could find something even better for a male.

2 Likes

I have a pack of Orange Sunshine headed my way. Happy to break off a couple for you when they land.

1 Like

Do I??? Were they in my last trade with you??? You are probably right!!!

What you think 50…go with OG’s pollen i have or run some F2 and find a straight up OS to cross to it???

Thinking you will do the OS cross…I might just stick with the OG pollen, at least for the 1st run.

OHGA’s are starting to look nice, and displaying vigor now too!!!

2 Likes

Like a typical stoner %0 says I already have the Orange Sunshine from him, F2’s. Forgot I got them, lol. Thinking he is right.

Your Sunshine’s in route are F2’s I assume…prolly from 50state too…??? LMAO!!! If no and F1’s, yeah I want some!! If frm 50, I guess I got it covered …DOH!!!

1 Like

I will check but pretty sure they are from the server auction.

You mean Ole Reynards Auction or 50’s server auction??? Must mean 50’s so same F2’s he has sent me.

Super Silver Yo Momma

2 Likes

That’s affirmative. OleReynard’s sale was before my time.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer but looks like I was already covered by 50!!!

1 Like

Always remember to lick it before you stick it. :wink: :+1:
:joy::joy::joy:

:cactus: !=:icecream: Dont’cha know.

1 Like

In my case a mother is kept to run clones from. But usually it is the smoke it produces that makes someone choose to keep it.

Also as you mention by running clones from same mother you can really learn your plant over time and the end result can get better. Heres my E pupil
current attempt at motherplant. Real good smoke n good yield. Shes revegged fully but Shes playing hard to clone though. They don’t wanna root.
Ill get her cloned.

i spread her out. Shes most of 4x4 n steady growing fast

I was contimplating taking cuts to level canopy n flowering the beast again. Any experience reflowering the whole plant ? Pros ?cons?
I just doubled her pot size she was a little bound in the old 5gal when i did it but not bad.

7 Likes

Pic of my reflowered Mama. I downpotted all four of my plants. 1 success, 1 failure, two struggling to make it 2 weeks.
https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/3X/6/6/66b0d9c2b38653459b521f60d8c876abfa0e30a1.jpg

1 Like

You know what to do. Cut some clonez and flip that thing. You know the stretch. How many gallons is that? You had it in a 5. At the current growth rate plus stretch. At least you got a whole tent to flower in. You could have autos flowering at the same time. Take advantage of unused space with autos. They can go 12/12 and be cool.

I thought he was playing about mother plants. Hell I tried to buy a gallon of litfa. Lol. Im running 2 Goji Pupil seeds I found in that bud. Well see what they look like. I still got that one.

Next order is SFV OG, Sunset Sherb, Gelato 41, Ghost OG, Cherry Cookies, and Wifi OG

Last one im getting for moms and myself is Rocket fuel GMO cross and a Bisxotti strain mom likes I’d like French macaroon.

I got some silver coming so im making seeds from my ladies. Im not rebuying seeds any more. id clone them than spray1 and put it to bed. Make some e seeds. Smart

1 Like

There are many reasons to keep mothers
As mentioned above it is a fast way for indoor growers to produce clones of a known keeper to avoid waisted space from unknown genetics.

If one has clean mothers and makes there own clones vs buying them your chances of bugs and disease drops drasticaly and so does your cost.

When growing from seed, especially with all the unstable genetics being created it’s a gamble at what you will get. Some are good some are not and then there are the feared herm plants showing back up more and more. Keeping a stand out plant once you find it avoids all of that.

When breading and stabilizing genetics as to avoid the before mentioned gamble with seeds keeping mothers to breed back to and use for dependable traits can quickly speed up the stabilization process. It can also bottleneck your genetics so good breeding ethics and knowlege is always required, along with a bunch of luck.

9 Likes

Why I keep the specific moms I do are for a multitude of reasons.
Some are family favorites not yet available in seed form. (Blue dream) ( girl scout cookies) (shapeshifter)
Ringos gift is a highly productive cbd strain that is used for medicine, I keep it to guarentee access to it for a patient who suffers from grandmal siezures.
My grape Rebellion is a stand out plant in all aspects. I’m working on stabilizing and making it available to the public.
Any others are explorative to keep, clone, test and determine if they have any potential as a keeper in either seed or clone form.

7 Likes

Update
Original blue dream
Girl scout cookies
Shapeshifter (sativa dom pheno)
Ringos gift (Katie cut)
My creation, stinkberry , specificaly the Grape Rebellion pheno I’m working to stabilize further.
( heirloom norcal skunk x sfv og ibl )
Florida gold
Skywalker og
Black dog
Runtz
Platinum pineapple f4

7 Likes