Where are the Mexican Sativas? I have no idea... Can you help me find them?

Haha right!

I was thinking that as I was reading the thread

in all likelihood it’d be a lot easier to get cool heirloom stuff in a place like Mexico over just like cold calling in NorCal
I wouldn’t see many having an overwhelming amount of luck with that

I might have to go down to Mexico soon

3 Likes

The photos and strain r mine…

2 Likes

I see you have the Iranian one puff on your radar. I know a guy that has land along the Caspian but he is Zoroastrian and does not smoke. Then of course there’s that annoying beheading thing going on over there too.

2 Likes

I know. I saw it on strainly. Looks nice. I don’t think Blu was claiming ownership.

1 Like

Forsue. I just joined and saw a few postings on my mex heirloom…

4 Likes

It is a great strain. I’m the supplier / preserver of it on Strainly.

4 Likes

I’ve definitely had my eye on it :eyes: What’s the high like?

1 Like

I felt like it was comparable to a Haze high.

4 Likes

Oooh, really? Maybe he can get into sending seeds!
Lol

But yeah, one day I was just browsing along google maps on satellite setting to find good ideas for seed safaris. I got to Tajikistan and the western extensions of the Himalayas. Then just started wondering and saw a big body of water with a green oasis cupping the south end of the lake.
I was like fuck yeah, that’s the spot!
So I zoom out and am like, fuck. Its goddamned Iran - no way I can get there.

But yeah, Im thinking that area and the the southern coast of Iran are places that were in the bottleneck of the Silk Road back in the day as well as for Muslim pilgrimages, so there ought to be good genetics there

4 Likes

Think I’ll put “Mexican Death Sativa/MDS” in the upcoming “Winter Giveaway”…stay tuned!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

The Balochi farmers of Pakistan descend from the Southern Caspian. Probably their genetics do too. It’s rainy in N Iran. 60+ inches a year. The land of the “wet” Indicas. ( my terminology).

Find anything good?

2 Likes

No comedown or fatigue smoking all day? Do you think its pure or a Sativa dom hybrid?

1 Like

I feel it’s a hybrid dom. Everyone reacts differently to cannabis so I really don’t like to promise/comment on effects of the high.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Have you run her outdoors? Curious when it would finish. Looks to me like it could handle some cold.

1 Like

I haven’t grown it outdoors but many others have.

9 Likes

Welcome to OG @KropDuster :slightly_smiling_face:

I grew some of that Purple Mexican Heirloom from you last year, good stuff.

16 Likes

There’s some new offerings by Hyp3rids, Garra IBL from Jalisco and another, Puma IBL from Zacatecas

5 Likes

Nice looking buds, very frosty. I saw a few beans in there. Definitely worth keeping around

1 Like

Thank you @Indoornesian :grin:
Not bad at all for seeded bud. I finished that one in a 2 gal pot too. I sent out a bunch of packs on here from those beans I made, it was a cross with a really nice Purps x Crockett’s Confidential male.

2 Likes

With those prices I would pack some bubble bags with me if I was traveling there and smoke some mean hash all the time !

2 Likes