Which Skunk to run?

Why not try the original.formula…cross a.mexican strain and afghan and Columbian for your own skunk 1

2 Likes

Oh to have the original landraces, a big enough greenhouse, a forgiving law and an extra 40 years :smiley:
Saying that though, the agseedco Haze has caught my eye.

2 Likes

Will take a look at that widow. Will give me something to compare the black widow against. :+1:

1 Like

Grow Them All!

4 Likes

100% agree

I have ordered:
Sensi Seeds - Skunk #1
AGSeeds - Skunk #1
Mr Nice - The Shit

I will pop 2 at once of each strain, take clones off all of them.
Flip the clones straight onto 12/12 to determine sex whilst leaving the seedlings as the mothers/fathers.
Once I know what male/female split that I have, I will take some new cuttings and do a 3 way comparison grow diary on all of the females side by side.

I will probably rinse and repeat a few times, with the best plant (or any unusual pheno’s) being entered into each subsequent round.

6 Likes

It might not suit your application but it’s a handy tip for sexing.

You can put a shoot from whatever plants into a glass of water and flip that, it let’s you know what you have without having to flip the main plant.

Flipping from seedling is a useful tool when you’re pheno hunting and so is monster cloning to minimize maintenance, space and light on the potential mother clones.

Good luck i hope you find something you like.

3 Likes

Thanks Star, will certainly save me some time by allowing me to run the first batch of clones fully. Much appreciated

2 Likes

an unrooted shoot?

edit: scootily woot lol

I’m just finishing after 2+ years of finding a couple of quality mothers, there’s a lot of work involved in what you’re doing.

I found monster cloning a big help with space, light and with the work required caring for flowers and clones/vegging plants and mothers all at the same time.

If we take clones during veg they grow very quickly, we need a fair bit of space, light etc by the time we get to the end of flowering + drying, testing time they can be huge, then they might not even be what we want.

If we take clones in flower we get time to flower the mother, dry and test it before putting effort into them.

7-8 weeks later 3" pot, the later you take them the longer they take to re veg.

The mums are still flowering atm, when they’re ready, dried and tested the re vegging plants will be getting back to 100% vegging growth, if they’re not what I’m after it’s no big deal I’ve put in minimum effort.

When I get my shit together I’ll know better exactly what I’m keeping.

7 Likes

Interesting approach.
Space and number of plants on the go at any one time is certainly part of the consideration too. The time the plants took to go through that spinach leaf stage and come out the other side had always put me off. But it makes sense taken at the time and way you mention.
Is this what you refer to as monster cloning?

On the time front, you are certainly right. I think in the past I’ve always been lucky in finding good stock in my early runs. But I’ve also lost some gems in the past, as a result of not having said shit together :laughing:

1 Like

@gidionumm hey buddy, yes afaik it’s referred to as monster cloning, aka taking clones in flower lol.

The time to re veg wouldn’t normally be desirable, it’s normaly used as a last resort but that time frame can work to our advantage in certain situations.

Srry to tell you . But ag and sensi…is infect the same sk. Todd is just selling Sam’s skunk. It’s the same as ancestral skunk, the pure,…ect, ect. Shit is a little different being all sk1 but using an afghan dom sk1 parent. Nordle is just super skunk…let shanti tell it.

1 Like

I ran Mel Franks skunk 1
I did not do a deep dive into it , one day I will, but the phenom I ran was good but not the keeper I was looking for !

Paps

2 Likes

Does someone have experience of Aladdin´s Skunk from Khalifa Genetics…?

1 Like