White/black widow project

I’ve got White Widow photos from a couple of different cultivars, have some White Widow autos as well, just got a Black Widow auto. One of my buddies grew some White Widow several years ago. If I had it in a bag in my pocket anywhere I went smelled like the bag in a few minutes. When I smoked it, I was still coughing hours later. I’ll have to see if he has any seeds or where he got them from :v:t4:

5 Likes

I remember getting half pound bags of perfectly grown White widow. Grown in big warehouse in Cleveland. They buds were almost like glass shards the buds were prickly hard. Reallly unique flower for sure silvery color fat cone buds. Real nice herb this was around 2003 or so. Not much smell until you burned it yes. Man I miss those days.

7 Likes

Yup. I know WW won’t win terp contests and doesn’t have any amazing smells, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

Years before I started growing, a buddy was importing bricks from CA to sell. He always had WW, Berry White, and… one other widow cross I can’t remember.

It was the first potent weed I’d had in ages, and I still love the high it gives.

4 Likes

I have Black Widow seed grown from plants from a pack I bought in 2013.

They were stretchy as fuck sativa-type. The smell was very good and unique.

Black Widow was advertised as identical to White Widow, but name changed when Shanti left Mr. Nice. I have never seen the “dark version” descriptor before.

What do you mean by Paradise has seed from “the original breeder?” The story was always a competition between Ingemar and Shanti as far as I knew

2 Likes

Oh man that sounds fantastic! Please do ask your mate any quality widows will be so useful, :ok_hand:

4 Likes

The seed from paradise is directly from Ingemar.
And they stated from the vintage cut.
Yeah as far as I know of the black widow it’s the original under a different name after shanti left greenhouse. Apparently he took the original parents with him. I haven’t heard of a dark variety until seeing it here.

5 Likes

Sounds like a great project to me @Cranio
I wish I had some pure white widow to donate. I have grown out greenhouse seeds white widow and captain red beards white widow. Red beards widow is not a pure line. I think that has big bud and critical mass genes in at as well. Either way they were both really good but not similar at all. The greenhouse widow was a clone I took in and red beards I had a couple males that I made a few crosses with that turned out excellent. Actually have four of them going now getting ready to flip. Those are Chemdog x redbeards widow. I would love to see this project take off. Hopefully you can get the gear you need to make it happen.

4 Likes

Cheers @Kavman I appreciate it mate :+1: yeah I really feel it’s a worthwhile project and can possibly result in some great widow!
I hope all the pieces come together too. I think my biggest hurdles will be getting the aloha widow & trying to get some reg greenhouse widow as all I have are fems. That’s why the black widow is so crucial to the project too.

6 Likes

Did you say white widow? I say I must watch.

4 Likes

Amazing thing ur planning on cooking in there… good luck. :v:t4::alien:
I had always been wondering where I could find the original white widow and I stumbled upon so much info on this thread. :green_heart:
Apparently ice-cream by paradise seeds is a cross between their ww and Gelato… they’ve named it la Ferrari for a reason…

4 Likes

From what I read before about mr nice and his black widow. I thought when he left greenhouse seeds to make mr. nice seeds, he took the parents to white widow with him and he renamed it to differentiate his from the fake white widows out there not using the same exact parent plants/ clones.

6 Likes

This is true. So the divergence in genetics will be the difference between Greenhouse Seeds White Widow (not the original), and the White Widow that Shanti had to change the name to Black Widow, but is the original genetics.

7 Likes

Yep :100: agreed, that’s why I place alot of importance on the bw from shanti. Im a huge fan of his being a fellow Aussie and master breeder.The only other breeder I’ve heard about in regards to the widow is Ingemar. There seems to be conflicting theories in regards to its origins but from my standpoint combining all of the "verified ’ w widow genetics into the one from best to best selection can only result in something great :+1:

10 Likes

I wish you the best of luck. White Widow is one of those strains where inbreeding may make it difficult to reach its former glory.

3 Likes

Thanks mate :+1: why do you think it might not be a candidate for the inbreeding? I would really like to hear your thoughts as I may be overlooking something. I’m always keen to learn :fist_right::fist_left:

4 Likes

I like the idea so I’ll be pulling a chair out and sticking around

3 Likes

Any update on this post? I’m on a hunt for widow seeds anyone got any recommendations

3 Likes

I second that. Looking for regulars personally.

1 Like

@Kavman @Ronsonmatsuo4 you can get some from the Mr. Nice auctions I’ve won quite a few there! I’m a huge Widow fan myself

8 Likes

No updates as of yet, still on the hunt for the black widow, once I get the cash I’ll buy a pack from Mr nice auctions. :+1:

3 Likes