White/black widow project

@Cranio do they ship to u.s?

2 Likes

Yes they do, max is 12 auction wins per order if I remember correctly @Ronsonmatsuo4

4 Likes

This sounds like a fun project.

1 Like

I have White Widow a clone of clone going 12 years at 42nd generation.
A Dutch Passion freak pheno freebie like no other plant I’ve grown. Very weird stretchy, nugs far apart. thin red branches that fall over, very few hairs, making seeds of her has been a challenge but I do have some.
I’ve grown from three more batches of Dutch Passion and they are not even close. And from a few other breeders and they were similar to the other three DP batches.
Strongest plant I’ve grown since I’ve been growing. Anything I’ve crossed with it is like supercharging that strain.
If I knew what I had back then I would have move to Colorado and become famous :star_struck:

18 Likes

this is WW from the seeds I just made. Where did all the red go? :astonished:

very thick juicy top, lost a little to bud rot already, harvesting soon.
this was last week

9 Likes

@hashhound welcome to the forum mate :+1: that’s a great sounding pheno of ww you’ve got there mate :+1: what did you use to father the seeds? It’s such a great strain isn’t it, I haven’t played with the Dutch passion variety yet, they also say it’s from the original plant in the 90s, that’s what makes this project ao intriguing to me. To gauge uniformity, to assess all and see which clearly stands out against the rest.
Enjoy the site man there’s some fantastic members in this awesome community :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

hey there @Cranio thanks for the welcome.
I used colloidal silver & STS on a 41st generation clone and got about 400 seeds but half are weird shaped, I’ve grown one nice seed out and it was nothing like the mother, but more like the other WW’s I’ve grown.
On another 41st gen clone I used just the CS and got a dozen nice looking seeds, the pic above is one of them, looks smells like the clones and test bud had me zoned.

I originally gave a 3rd gen clone to a friend and he’s the one who has kept it alive.
Every few years I get a couple back from him and grow and cross them.
Last year I got 2 40th gens back from him and now I have a 42nd gen i’m keeping as a mom for while.

It’s been very difficult to get seeds and pollen from this WW. Most of my attempts have only yielded a few seeds. Other then the one that yielded 400.

6 Likes

that could have passed in 2001, no prob. i had a lot of widow that was just lime green, but whitened with frost. just like that.

3 Likes

Here’s pics of 42nd generation clones at 8.5 weeks, harvesting soon.

14 Likes

@hashhound sounds good mate, good work on persisting on creating the seeds, it’s definitely a real effort producing seed using reversals, that’s the main issue really isn’t it in producing very little pollen. Be great if there were some updated methods to get a decent amount of pollen. You’d think by now there would have been some advancement in that regard but perhaps there has been bur people keep it close to their chests.
Have you noticed any degradation of the quality of the ww you have through so many generations of cloning? I found with a couple of strains that after 12 gets or so that there was a real noticeable difference in quality I’m always keen to learn more. It’s smart to pass on to friends for sure ao that you’ve always got access to the ones you find really special. Keep up the great work mate :+1:

3 Likes

@Cranio Back at 30th gen I did get a decent amount of pollen and kept some in the fridge. But it produced 5 soso seeds on the Widow plant. And the Widows I tried to back cross weren’t that good either.
I’ve used it on several strains and only got a few seeds but what ever I crossed it with was great.
It’s hard to tell if it’s degraded since I smoke so often and have such a tolerance built up.
I originally described it as AAA+++ now it’s still a good AAA+.to me.
I’ve traded with guys from other places and the guy from Wash St said better than anything out there, and a guy from Calif said very very potent.
Makes a closet grower feel good to get some cudos from places where people have access to some of the best weeds.
I’m feeling good about the newest batch since it produced a similar plant to the original.

8 Likes

I’ve been trying to preserve the strain through seeds and it’s been a bitch.
My next grow is with Chemdawg crosses I call Hound Dawg, one is 3/4 Widow and the other is 7/8 Widow.
Back at the 30th gen I crossed the Widow with a 20th gen Chemdawg
I back crossed that with more of the gen 30 pollen and got two nice seeds and one soso.
The two nice ones grew great plants and the soso one produced a great but small plant, I cloned it. My friend said it was the best of the best of what I’ve grown.
I pollinated it with 41st gen pollen and only got one seed. I have that vegging now along with clones of the Hound Dawg. I’m going to use one HD clone for CS and hopefully get some seeds of another Hound Dawg and what will for now be Hound Dawgier! (aka HDv3)

5 Likes

Are you doing full plant pollination or just select spots.

3 Likes

Just one cola per plant

3 Likes

really, nice. the colors are truly coming in looking NICE.

regards,

3 Likes

Here is a Chem x white widow I just finished recently

Here is her brother. Pollen stored in the freezer.

18 Likes

Very nice WW cross, looks she yields very well. And frost up quite nicely. What kind of terms does she have?

3 Likes

It smells like the Chem mostly and looks like her as well. Fuel and funk with a touch of sweetness.

3 Likes

@hashhound nice :ok_hand: perhaps trying to reverse some smaller cuttings might be the go for seed production. So you can do the whole plant? I have a sts project coming and for that I’m going to utilise a few cuttings grown small and reverse them, hoping I can get one producing enough pollen to cover the remainder. You never know until you try I guess so I’ll see how it goes.
Interesting cross you’re doing with the chem man which chem are you using? I bet the progeny are some funky potent smoke!

@Kavman damn dude that plant is a stunner :heart_eyes: lovely colours and looks like it will be a decent producer. Which of the chem family did you use for the cross? That pollen you’ve got stored sounds like a great tool to utilise in the future, if you ever make more and had enough to share I’d love to be able to get some to use on a few girls over here. Perhaps we could do a trade or something :thinking:
Would love to hear about the smoke report!

5 Likes

@Cranio my last Widow crossing I used a smaller clone for the CS. The Hound Dawg I’m going to start flowering soon will also be a sort of smaller clone to use the CS on to pollinate another bigger one. It’s one of two clones almost 12 weeks old in a 4" pot that’s been waiting to be picked up by my friend who’s kept the Widow alive for twelve years, looks like he only gets one. I’ve cut it back 3 times already so it’s small but old. I potted it in a 1g pot saturday. I’ll spray the whole thing. It was the first clone to root of the 4 clones I took.
The Chemdawg is actually a DInachem from Dinafem seeds, (Chemdawg x Stardawg)
It’s among the top five strains I’ve grown so far.

3 Likes