White/black widow project

@Cranio I was told it was Chem 91. The guy I got the cut from brought it back from the west coast. I have had it for 13 years and counting.

2 Likes

Looking nice

Thanks for all the information on the white widow. @Cranio
I was gifted some white widow seeds a while back by a nice young lady who didn’t know much about them except they came from her connection in Michigan.
I’ve had them for a year or more and decided to go ahead and run them last week when the bog seeds I won came in. I would be glad to send you some cuts off them when they get up and growing if you want or need some or if you think they are real.

3 Likes

The ORIGINAL BREEDER is De Sjamaan. He still sells beans. You didn’t mention Ingemar in your opening post so I thought I’d mention it. That’s the start of the strain and originally it was called Arnhem’s Wonder.

You can find his website at https://sjamaan.com/en/cannabis-seeds/de-sjamaan-cannabis-seeds/

If we can’t link to other sites a mod can remove the link.

3 Likes

According to Ingemar he found the seeds in a block of hash. Sorry but strains from 2 continents(South Brazilian and Indian) aren’t gonna end up in a block of hash. Shanti made it! And who would ever believe Arjan, that dude is a complete tool! :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

ONE of the parents’ seeds was found in hash as far as I know, and shantibaba left digruntledly. Sour grapes if you ask me.

2 Likes

No, shanti didn’t make it…

Ingemar found it in hand rubbed tempel balls, not a brick of hash. He also started making Arnhem’s Wonder YEARS before it got popular and Arjan bought it from him and renamed it white widow. This is wide known fact in all serious cannabis communities in Holland.

You see, the first time I went to Holland and went to coffeeshops there where 2 distinctly different white widow buds you could buy. Both bud where covered from with large white resin glands. But one was sativa leaning and one was indica leaning, as I understand it is that there are a fake cut which is the indica leaner
The real cut are described like this by NL old timers “the high is like you are blocked in a happy state of mind, but at the same time you can’t think to anything, you just keep on smiling”.

Here is also an interview with Ingemar about White Widow, take a notice about how he breed flavor into cannabis :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Ingemar is one of those forgotten people who really change the game and did something wonderful that other people want to steal the credit from, because people don’t know who he where and how skillful he where.

Pz :v:t2:

10 Likes

Thanks for the link great article good read

2 Likes

Ingemar revendicate the white widow and the great white shark/peacemaker, developed outdoor, also the fact that Arjan is the only one having the right ($) to use the name and the genetic. On the source there is a bunch of versions among stoners, but he really simply said that it was initially from a charas strain. Sold as White Widow under De Sjamaan label.

Shantibaba revendicate the white widow as a coop : ingemar, neville and him. On the source, also a bunch of fancy theories, but he simply said that it was a Kerala male x Brazilian female. Sold now as Black Widow, under the Mr Nice label.

Arjan revendicate the property of the White Widow, since 92 and that he known it first as “Arnhem’s Wonder”.

Imho, searching the truth is playing the game of the usual Dutch commercial animation. Like fake wars between breeders that are in fact rather close and for some, sharing the same nursery contractors ^^

My personnal opinion :

• The cut of ingemar is real and have circulated as a breeder’s cuts, as much than as a weed in Dutch coffeeshops. But DS WW seeds are just trash compared to the final product.
  • Finding a decent White Widow in seeds was only possible at Green House, back in the days, and now it’s hard to compete with the Mr Nice release. In both cases, it was not necessary to buy thousands of seeds to get the “WW weed” quality at home.
  • Arjan was the only one giving the initial coffeeshop, catweazle, both the timeline and the reputation of the weed sold there are spot on.
4 Likes

I was only speaking about the original maker/breeder. It’s clear as day that the original cut is from Ingemar as you said, but I don’t know if I would trust him making seeds. Tried his stuff multiple times but I don’t think any of it are made for indoors. They might be fire for outdoor grow ops.

The remember that the real cut is leaning towards sativa, not indica. So if you are on the hunt to get a good representation of white widow, you know what to look for.

2 Likes

The cut is totally on the sativa side of the force, stretching a lot and with sparse buds sites along woody secondaries. At least the difference between the Black Widow and the Ingemar cut is not even a gap, it’s a valley.

Surprisingly, not so on the smoke.

Genetically, i prefer by far the Shanti’s version. But it’s a “captain obvious” comment, for my type of use.

2 Likes

Yeah, that cut from Ingemar is my “Dream cut”. Maybe one day :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Damn ok, 11 years ago i had three giant mothers of this ^^ It’s no longer demanded but i will try to ring some bells if any.

5 Likes

Loving the input guys, this why I chose to add the paradise seeds offering as it’s directly from Ingemar. Unfortunately Ingemar himself doesn’t ship to my country so I chose to utilise paradise instead. Same genetics so happy days.
It’s Unfortunate the differing stories on the ww origin but that’s what happens when money and ego etc get intertwined with something like this whatever the case may be my little project will be including genetics from the main players so I feel that the end result will hopefully result in something appealing and special :+1:

4 Likes

I m trying to get De Sjamaans Purple Widow strain . I can t believe there’s no more being stocked any where . I don t think he even does them any more but someone’s gotta have some of these gems some where.

Hi @Fuel, what does “revendicate” mean?

So many “Creation Myths” for White Widow…

What does it all mean?

-Grouchy
PS, I am currently growing a “Linda’s Seeds” WW auto courtesy @repins12. She’s a bold beauty.

2 Likes

In this context it mean that Ingemar say that he’s the firestarter of the White Widow and the Great White Shark, and none others.

For me it doesn’t mean anything but to animate sales, like the fake war GHS/Nice on ICM back in the day.

2 Likes