Who is making their own feminized seeds with DIY silver water?

I grew those a good decade ago and liked them at the time, the Linda seeds though, no cheaper shipping to Canada only FedEx or UPS as I was looking the other day

It really looks like itā€™s working! Holly crap the price difference between the suggested .9999 and your reg old silver wire is huge! I am not sure, perhaps you could make a paper collar to catch the pollen. I ve read to cut and dry the pollen sacks but not sure when, Ive opened male sacks and there was nothing inside. I was looking at two science companies for the two ingredients to make silver thiosulfate , the silver nitrate is fifty bucks for five grms and has a shelf life of 18 months. I really wish my friends grew, we could split the costā€™s and share genetics. What strain is it?

1 Like

best to collect pollen as it opens naturally, simplicity and age/dryness.

Also silver nitrate isnā€™t that much online, especially ebay, but you have to be careful with the stuff.

CS is definitely easier and safer to make, but more recent issues the voltage that you make it at does play a part, and 9v batteries work fine for our purposes.

Myself iā€™ll be trying out some GA3 next just to see

3 Likes

Nice find, i have never tried ordering from Eu as ive heard mix reviews in regards to problems in getting itemā€™s. The prices on seeds are good and there are a 2 Mandala strains I have never hears of that look yummy.

GTA ? Not sure what it was but I found this link, please explain? better worse? https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/g1025?lang=en&region=CA&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-_j1BRDkARIsAJcfmTH07hfVVTQBSXv0zdi5_yvqoQJJ4lKTNUniB-E-fkS7UbCIsIXl9EQaAj7jEALw_wcB ā€¦ you know what Gibberic acid i remember now lol rooting agent. I have heard it is not as effective for feminizing pollen.

Oh your Wifi, nice, maybe we can share genetics up the road. I am Canadian and permitted for 37 plantā€™s. I got ten White-Banner from CropKing seedlings to induce female pollen from and 40 of the same beans to seed. I think I want to try Joe of the Island nextā€™s and make some copies of those.

silver nitrate in solution is 14 bux on amazonā€¦ ā€¦ havent even opened the box yet but ā€¦ some GSC gonna feel it

i canā€™t think of how many times i fuck up 14 buxā€¦ js.
now to the the recipe right

1 Like

Amazon C.A? I see the product but no price listed, nonavailable. The science Company seems cool for this kind of stuff. I THINK you get Waayy more if you make your own, silver thiosulfate.
Part A: 0.5 gram silver nitrate stirred into 500ml distilled water
Part B: 2.5 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 500ml distilled water.

Then I think diluted at a ratio of 1:9

Each liter of stock STS will make ten 1-liter batches of working solution of STS. , this means that each 1-liter bottle of working solution STS costs less than 9 cents, and can treat 15-20 mid-sized plants. Thatā€™s 200 1-liter batches of STS for $18. Note that the distilled water costs far more than the chemicals.

I GOT MY INFO from here: https://www.forum.haszysz.com/showthread.php?16252-Preparation-of-silver-thiosulfate-(sts)-solution

6 Likes

From what i hear GSC wouldnt even need anythingā€¦just stress it and itā€™ll will spit male flowers. Its the females that WILL NOT react to stress. Things like light leaksā€¦mess with light cycles over/under waterā€¦drought. Almost kill it from darkā€¦then 24 light for 3 days then back to 12/12. You get the ideaā€¦I bet that GSC would spit male flowers. The goal i believe is to find the ones that wont spit male flowersā€¦

1 Like

Just one source of many

ā€œGibberellins are hormones that plants produce to regulate many phases of their growth. Several of the gibberellins, such as GA3, 4, 5 and 7, induce male flowers when they are sprayed on female plants before they begin flowering. GA3, which is the gibberellin most commonly available commercially, is the most effective. For best results, use a solution of 0.01% (0.1 gram GA3 in a liter of distilled water). Gibberellin must be used carefully. Lower doses result in fewer male flowers. Higher amounts have an inhibitory effect. Lightly spray the tops of the plant for five consecutive days and then force the plants to flower by increasing the uninterrupted dark period to 12 hours a day. The sprayed area will stretch a bit, but within two weeks, the first signs of male flowers will appear. They will be ripe and ready to release pollen in another two weeks.ā€

CS is my normal method, but up for trying things

7 Likes

This is very intelligent information to haveā€¦use this method after the plant WILL NOT react to the stressā€¦then hit it with this stuff and pollinate itself and another female that will not react alsoā€¦thanks good info. Now to find this GA3

2 Likes

and mitesā€¦ couple of courses of avidā€¦ yeah i got a sturdy one.

1 Like

Yikes Avidā€¦i avoid that shit like the plague. There must be something betterā€¦

1 Like

well it was like 10 years oldā€¦still worked though

1 Like

thatā€™s the problem it does workā€¦really well. Ive seen bugs swim in itā€¦no judgement how do I know about it?

1 Like

I do already have Ga3 from trying to germ old seeds, caused crazy elongation so Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s good, Iā€™ll have to read up on using it for making fems

I had looked up silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate on eBay.ca and it was kinda expensive, I feel like over 50$ cheapest thatā€™s why I went with the CS. but iirc STS only requires a couple applications?

999 silver is a must if youā€™re planning on ingesting the colloidal

5 Likes

How is the GA3 working for you??

1 Like

iā€™m not sure if i messed up my fem runā€¦ i stopped spraying the colloidal silver once the male flowers started to appear, and maybe a week ago (2 weeks after male flowers started appearing) i moved the plant to my veg tent because i started seeing seeds developing in the plant beside it, and the pollen sacks havenā€™t really started opening up and dropping pollen yet but iā€™ve been kinda breaking them open anyways and rubbing them on the target buds

iā€™m gonna start taking the plant out and putting it in a dark closet at night so it gets 12 hours of darkness and putting it back in the veg tent during the day

i guess before i flip plants to flower iā€™ll thoroughly spray them down with water in case they have any pollen on them

1 Like

yo.wanted to say after the flower the cut down ā€¦now shes reveggiing nicelyā€¦6 beansā€¦ I found 6 beans on herā€¦didnā€™t weigh her but got like 11 32oz jars off of herā€¦ a boot box full of lowers just to smoke waiting on the jarsā€¦ \

alien gorilla is next to go in flowerā€¦

1 Like

I make my own CS for feminized seed making. I just finished a batch of my Blueberry x Afghani #1 (I call it Spiceberry).

Seeds:

The plant the seeds came from:

I currently have a CSā€™d Sour Diesel plant that is ready to drop pollen any day now. I will pollinate another Sour Diesel in a couple of weeks (itā€™s currently on week two of flower). Iā€™m also going to cross my Spiceberry strain with the Sour Diesel pollen.

I also breed regulars as well. Iā€™m growing out a few males and females of Blackberry Kush x Girl Scout OG. They all just started flowering earlier this week.

11 Likes