Who is making their own feminized seeds with DIY silver water?

I would love to but it seems a little complicated

when do you stop spraying the CS? when male flowers begin developing?? i messed up my seed attemptā€¦ i moved the plant in to my veg tent a week or so after male flowers started developing because i started noticing seeds forming in plants i didnā€™t want them and i think it started to reveg, i didnā€™t get much pollen dropping from it, and afterwards moved it to a closet with the target female under a 230w amazon blurpleā€¦ left the door closed on a super hot day and the plants fried

Bummer try againā€¦almost had it you were a heart beat away!!

Plus you got a few seeds out of itā€¦randoms

1 Like

I start spraying the day before I put the plant into 12/12, and stop spraying a couple of days before they look like this (I literally just went and took this photograph):

Typically, spraying happens for up to three weeks, but itā€™s different for each strain. A couple of more days here and pollen will start dropping. I move the plants out of the tent and into a closet I use solely for pollinated plants at the time I stop spraying CS.

A friend of mine has sent me some Silver Nitrate and Sodium Thiosulfate so that I can try the STS method as opposed to CS. With STS, you only need to spray once or twice, whichā€™ll be nice. Those powders should appear in my post box today, and Iā€™ll be testing the solution on a couple of clones that are just now rooting in my aero cloner.

10 Likes

anybody buy sts on Amazon and if so which one? There are lots of choices and wide range of prices

1 Like

Hey Spek

Thatā€™s a nicely stacked pollen donor you have created, well done.

Cheers Johnny

Hey, im trying Selfing first Time, but it didnt work!

Me and my College bought this product right here

ddd

did spray it on the joint of the stems. Where are the limbs come off the main trunk everyday for 2-3 weeks. But it didnt work.
And yeah this process is fairly new to us. We have been doing a lot of reading , but could always use the help or advice

(They are 20 Week flower Sativas!)

4 Likes

I didnā€™t have any luck with CS, so Iā€™ve got some STS on the way and will give that a crack at some stage.

1 Like

So, your Plants also didnt react? So, STS is should be more reliable? Anyone other have an Anwser?

That is weird I am running 3 blueberries but just fem (seedsman) and I have a few afghani strains of reg seeds. (Real Seed Company), I was imagining the mix.

Go to my grow log
BigMike55ā€™s Ongoing Cannabis Log
Somewhere around page 400 there is a mini tutorial on making a cheap effective CS Generator. Your welcome.

3 Likes

Sorry go to post 81.

2 Likes

You can just add a link too you know:

3 Likes

Thanks. I didnt know how so I left it alone.

1 Like

Spraying youā€™ll want to target budsites when you do CS or STS, and doing side branches is hit or miss reason being is your only blocking ethylene production in one part of the plant when the rest of it is giving it, so ideally you do whole plant and preferably spray at lights out as then it doesnā€™t evaporate off while under lights giving a longer hang around time.

6 Likes

@YoBigdaddy hmm. just another tip above. sooner or later wil work

1 Like