Who plans on making seeds?

I figured out the root problem of that last week… People are SO used to getting the same old same old, mass-grown mids, with different names each time. SO, to them, “all weed tastes the same” and possibly “looks the same”.

Had a friend stop in last week telling me that they taste the same… Then I smoked with him, 4 bowls, 4 different strains, 4 TOTALLY different colors, 4 tastes. You would have thought this was the first time in his life he’s smoked (been a smoker some 20 years). Sent him home with nugs of each, told him to smoke them on different days and you’ll see the different effects of each as well

I think alot of people also think that “well, this is Lemon Haze, so all seeds will be as well”. And while technically its true, what they don’t think about most times is different phenos, and how from one seed run you CAN have a variety of tastes, effects, growth, etc… Then they get disappointed when their seeds aren’t as “lemony”, because they didn’t breed, they merely pollenated, and like I said, many don’t realize there’s extra steps to breeding :wink:

3 Likes

That’s so for real.
I like to tell them to “have something worth breeding.”
And you don’t get what I’m talking about by buying seed packs and crossing pollen.
You build it from top to bottom by using those seeds that you got hands on.
For real, They can buy all the packs, or crosses that they want. But they are still going to have to breed it into something worth growing repeatedly.
Everybody is making seeds. Tell me what will make me choose their seed over anyone else’s.
I can look at what they are crossing, then read what they are personally saying about it. I already know what others are saying about it.
Then I take it a step further by seeing what this grower/breeder prefers to smoke. That gives me an idea about his tolerance. If he is already smoking something that I know as weak, then he he says something similar is good… I already know that’s not what I’m looking for because he is just putting out more of the same. I walk by him. Show me something. Better yields, better tastes, better bag appeal, potency… you know. If i can’t get something better, i keep my money in my pockets.

6 Likes

First seed making attempt looks to be a success🤗

27 Likes

Oh congrats!!! That’s a fat sack o’ beans!

3 Likes

Congrats! Very nice!

2 Likes

no doubt you hit the target! :stuck_out_tongue:

congratulations to you my friend :heart: :man_farmer:

i’ve started my first breed experiment yesterday… who wants to follow it, i will document it on First time doing mating dance with plants

3 Likes

way to go @ElMasSabroso a variety very much worth preserving and a job well done by the looks of it. you deserve a big fat joint for your efforts my friend!

4 Likes

I’ll call it a success as I got what I wanted, seeds. Definitely need to step up my game to get the numbers you guys are pulling :grin:

GDP x PPP

18 Likes

That’s more than enough to find some keepers.

5 Likes

Yeah that was to goal so mission accomplished :grin:

4 Likes

Great job man. It ain’t no bad haul. I bet there’s 500 there. That’s 500 you don’t have to pay for!

6 Likes

Good job man, that’s a nice pile of seeds.

6 Likes

Appreciate the kind words from you and @corey
This was my first tent grow and wasn’t sure what to expect. 2 gal pots was a first and a last, plants were way small. Seeing as how I have to clean the tent anyways, probably skip the qtip dabbing and do more of an open pollination on the next run.

7 Likes

Your gonna love that op! Everything gets hit and seeded… it’s one of the funnest things to do…

7 Likes

What do you all think of feminized crossed with a regular plant, good or no?

3 Likes

Just started a tread talking about this very same thing.

1 Like

Collecting seeds from the Dinamed x Cherry Wine cross. Three males on each plant, an early female dusted with an early male (not one of the three), although not in the picture.

Have a few more plants to do, the rest are either not that great producers or are a trimming nightmare (but would be good for a hash plant. I will have to look at that one again. I am collecting the seeds now with newly harvested plants as I do not want them to get mixed up. A little more time consuming.

12 Likes

So what happened with @corey? I saw his thread asking for help with money, then saw it got shut down. Now I see he’s been suspended, and (some of) his most recent posts seem to have been scrubbed.

8 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. I really hope they are okay :sob:

5 Likes

Damn mushrooms, they can do funny things to people.