Who plans on making seeds?

Same I was joking man, I understand well see each other around quite a bit I bet on here! No problems here lol

2 Likes

lol Hell yeah cuz… I’m jumping around OG like a flea on a hot brick!

2 Likes

Gotta ride with style!

1 Like

Crossed 2 ghost train haze/ak47 females sprayed one with CS spray collected the pollen looks like it worked,leave her for another week till these mature

This should be a good cross out of 5 plants I grew not one looked like each other

Little sample seed I picked off,just in case I was seeing things :smile:

13 Likes

Hey all! My seed run is at the end of their 9th week of flower.

All these plants have a flowering period of 7-9 weeks; and my understanding is best practice is to let the seeds develop an additional few weeks after the end of the suggested flowering period; which would mean a cropping near week 11-12.

I planned on letting all the buds dry out after cropping for an additional 2 week period so I’m not sure If going to 12 weeks is going to be redundant.

Does this sound sane or am I just burning watts for no real gain?
I’m hoping for as many viable seeds as possible so I can share as much as possible.

Thanks all’yall! :heart: :fist:

4 Likes

12 Likes

I chopped at 5 weeks after pollination. Week 8/9 of flower. Quick dried it for like 2.5 days and got around 90% mature…some, most actually, of that ten percent never stood a chance no matter how long I waited I’m willing to bet based on the look of em.

I read all the same stuff you did about giving extra time but the test buds I took told me I was good to chop so I did.

Just my recent experience

2 Likes

Thanks for this @Eagles009 !

I’m 4 days passed week 6 after pollenation.
Where on the plant id you take your test but from?

2 Likes

I took two larf buds, literal larf, had like 1-4 seeds each I think. Then I took one mid level bud. They looked close but not perfect.

Then a week later I took one top bud. This plant had quite a few “tops” they looked done, save for a few. Gave whole plant a few more days beyond that and called it.

I would ignore the tiny green ones and small weird white ones. They dont seem to have any intention of finishing…ever. just focus on the 80%, 90% whatever it is that are relatively uniform and should be about done at 6 weeks I’d guess.

Just my .02

2 Likes

I have a lot of options to choose samples from…

4 Likes

I’m going to let the grow until they eat themselves to death. Might as well go too far than too short if I have the option. I took a teenie weenie bud and it had a small green seed. Wasn’t a great bud to pick but it was the one I chose.

What’s bugging the heck out of me is that since this is the first seed run I’ve done I’m realizing I have no real idea what a seeded bud actually looks like. I see photo’s of them here on OG, but they all seem different than what I have going on here.

These buds look totally different to their sexually frustrated counterparts when I have grown them in both indoors or outdoors; so i’m still all :crossed_fingers: that these are ripe with seeds.

Their colours are showing and the foxtailing is ridiculous. When they are all looking at the edge of becoming crispy I’ll thank them for their service, cut 'em at the base and then hang em up for a week overtop trays/bags to catch any seeds if they should fall.

Any thoughts are always appreciated. Cheers!

10 Likes

to me a fully seeded bud just looks like a bud ready to be harvested.

that swell that buds do late in flower is the calyxes or bracts swelling as
though they had seed in them.

if you pollinate a bud at third week of flower by the fifth week of flower it will look ready - orange hairs, swollen bracts, etc - but the trichs will still be immature/clear.

yours looks like she put out a lot of new pistils after pollination. this is normal from my observation. usually new pistils are put out ~~4 weeks before we would call it ‘done’. my guess would be a last ditch effort to catch latent pollen floating about.

8 Likes

My KK that were hit up with STS starting barfing pollen around Sept 27th and did so steady for a little over a week. It’s been growing very, the pollen production has slowed down to almost nothing regardless of it producing more male flowers.

Today marks 25 days of collecting and then trying to collect pollen so I’m wondering if they are done?

As this is my first STS (seemingly successful if pollen turns viable) attempt so I have no idea if there is a set time period where the reversed plant can and will produce pollen.

I have enough for what I need so I’m down with culling now but I always like to give things a chance and would be bummed if I can get more if only I just waited.

In all honesty the amount of return vs the time and effort to do it has reached a diminishing return at least 1 week ago… hence the question. :heart:

1 Like

Unicorn poop bx1 and f3s three small plants…

14 Likes

@Pawsfodocaws

1 Like

Nice haul! How long did they go for?

1 Like

I believe it was 7 to 8 weeks…could be wrong forget atm.

2 Likes

Tried growing Unicorn poop outdoors last year , it didn’t go to well at the end but she smelled great up til the rot got her

2 Likes

These MTH budz are loaded with seeds…

This plant was grown outdoors in my garden and was crossed with VTF male pollen…

Matanuska Thunder Head x Vietnam Thunder Fuck

14 Likes

X

= Buckets of Cherries. White cherry list. Wuffle buckets…we’ll get there. Call it whatever as long as we can call it dank. Will be my first venture into feminized seed making.

17 Likes