Who plans on making seeds?

Thank you for this @Cormoran !

My intent isn’t a seed-run as in the OG tradition but making seeds for me to ensure having ones around to pop for myself, or to give here and there to those that are unable to access the genetics; or friends and family that are interested in starting out with growing and thus giving good genetics will help with the “growing” pains :rofl:

For OG gifts, I have other plans in the works with personally made crosses and this run would be my first open pollination run as a “practice” for those runs. :hugs:

8 Likes

I’m almost certain he wouldn’t mind that. When I asked, he didn’t seem to object to my plans to do the same with my RIL seeds or the Gorilla Bubble bx5 freebies… he didn’t even specifically ask me not to hand out reproductions, I just think that’s the polite thing to do. That being said, I’ll probably be giving some of my repros to my “old-man-in-the-mountains” grower friend who got me started too, and maybe a few other friends. I just won’t be doing it in a way that I feel will undercut his business, the last time these guys bought seeds from anywhere was before paying with Bitcoin was an option. :wink:

8 Likes

Good luck and best of vibes with that open pollenation! I think your going to have a blast. I hope you make thousands…

3 Likes

Hey all, I’m sorry if this is a redundant question, but I’m curious if someone can point me to a thread with some detailed info about making fem auto seeds, I know some of the basics but I’m looking to do some research into some specifics, namely when to spray, how often, etc. etc. I’ve been looking here and on AFN but can’t seem to track down the definitive guide that I’m looking for. I’ve got a pack of mephisto on the way that I want to make seeds from so that I’ve got a stash, anybody that might be able to help me out would be greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

Here’s one that I enjoyed. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks @corey ill check it out

1 Like

Here is a good article about the timing. Just started my first reversal yesterday. We will see if this works. :grin:

5 Likes

I’ve sprayed with colloidal a week before flip to roughly 2 weeks after, last round was the roughly 2 weeks after flip. Have had pretty good results haven’t used sts yet. I do have a supply for any stubborn plants. Mendo purps wrecked s1 colloidal at 60 ppm

. Tons of seeds and pollen sacs. The 2 viles with seeds are from 4 buds with many more to come

16 Likes

Good job on that one. You sure did get her pollenated!

3 Likes

Plan on selfing a cut from one of each of the fems strains I’m running now, gonna be my first time making seeds(on purpose) but with a 3rd tent on the way I’ll have a way to isolate.

5 Likes

To me, its all about intent. Do you intend to make seeds to sell and compete with the breeder? Obviously not OK.

Do you intend to only use the seeds yourself? Totally fine.

Do you intend to trade and share seeds freely, but not over saturate the market in such a way that the original breeder notices it? Also totally fine…

I think you’d be ok. I don’t see your intent here being to profit off the original breeders work, nor to take credit for it, nor to flood the market with those seeds. Once you purchase seeds, its up to you what you produce from them, whether its just flower, or flower and seeds. At that point, its up to your conscience and ethics.

Some posts in my journal about it, I used eXe spray on a fem black cream to reverse her. Sprayed her at 4 nodes, before preflowers were showing, and she/he made lots of powdery goodness! I also sprayed some Dark Devil at 4 nodes, with preflowers showing, and she/he produced much less pollen, and it seemed chunky and moist compared to the powder from the BC. Still made seeds from that though as well, just not nearly as many, and the pollen produced was 1/20 or less, enough to get the job done, but none to share or save…

@LegsMahoney If ya got questions on eXe with autos, I’d be happy to answer from my limited, but successful, experiences…

6 Likes

This is all killer! Thank you, gonna have to read through everything here once the Christmas morning fanafare dies down but I appreciate everyone jumping in with advice!

3 Likes

Thank you @corey , that was the plan :grin::grin:. I have another strain that took me 2 years of buying bags searching for seeds.(20 seeds) This particular cross was created by someone who became a greedy prick and decided to triple his price, so I’m making my own seeds so i can continue to smoke my favorite strain and not be ripped off. I personally don’t sell any of the seeds I make. I pass them around to my brothers and sisters, sometimes trade to expand my collection and the ones I’m trading with​:+1::+1::v:

5 Likes

Very smart. Great job @BIGJ! @Nagel420 if you don’t mind, would you post your link here so more people can read different methods of doing this, or anyone who has a log on a successful reverse. Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Super helpful🙏🏼

1 Like

I crossed Dinames CBD x Cherry Wine and the result is growing at the moment. I have about 24 females and three males, I hit different branches of the females with each of the male pollen. Will find out which plants are keepers and work their seeds farther down the line.

I did have one plant flip to male without going to 12:12, I collected some pollen and trashed it. I used the pollen to hit a section of the earliest showing female, only a few days after flip. What will the result be, I do not know. But it looks like she is a little pregnant.

10 Likes

The Twenty 20 link will work. Pretty simple sprayed every third day at first sign of flowers forming which is roughly at three weeks for an auto, spray until just before male flowers open, also roughly three weeks. I used that program with an sts kit off sebring’s site. Collected pollen, plants will be at 6 weeks after pollination later this week. Will chop, dry, and hope for many seeds! Mephisto 3 bear x mendo twenty20 triangle kush is the fist chuck of all time…for me. Already have another mephisto going, may reverse or do more with the tk pollen.

4 Likes

Awesome, since autos are on their own timeline I’d imagine you want to stagger popping the target plants from the donors by a couple weeks since they recommend staggering the flip to flower for the photo periods?

3 Likes

Right right. Thanks for reminding me! I’d be stoned and forget. I think having another sprout around three weeks from the first. It would be flowering as the male flowers from the reversed plant are opening. Sorry, didn’t know if you were talking photo or auto. I’ve only experience with auto.

2 Likes

No sweat, just wanted to clarify, I’ve never done either one got or auto, but thinking about cutting my teeth on these autos. Appreciate you jumping in to share your experience :v:t2::v:t2:

2 Likes