Who vapes CBD flower?

Hey guys. Just wondering who all vapes CBD flower. What vape do you use and at what temperature?
I just ordered the Mighty+ as it was on sale.

4 Likes

Play with it. Start low go high :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

I vape CBD flower just about every day, or use an oil based ā€œtincture.ā€ Helps to start my day right. Iā€™ve also used dry herb vapes as my primary consumption method since 2007 so feel free to ask any questions about it. Iā€™m no expert but I know a thing or two and Iā€™ll share whatever I can.

You can vape it at pretty much the same temps you would vape regular flower. Normally I begin a session around 360* F and bump up by a few degrees every couple mins.

My wife has a Mighty and we always start it around 360. She likes to end her sessions around 380-385, while I bump mine up to 395-400. It can start to taste bad near the end of a session so I only do a few final hits at this high temp.

We use a Volcano at home most of the time. It has adjustable temp settings on a digital display similar to the Mighty/Mighty+ (Volcano is made by same company). Again, the same starting temps are normally used. Lately Iā€™ve been experimenting with doing higher temp sessions on the Volcano where I start it anywhere between 380-400 F and then end between 412-420 F. It provides a fuller extraction and the vapor is thicker & hotter so I donā€™t do this all the time.

Basically any vape that has a digital temp setting will be easy to adjust. Play around with a few temp ranges and see what works best for your preference. Low temp will keep flavorful for the longest but it will also take longer for a session. Higher temp is going to be quicker while also more irritating especially at the end of a session when the herb has mostly dried out.

6 Likes

Thank you @emeraldbullfrog for the info, itā€™s very much appreciated. Once it comes in the mail, Iā€™ll try a session out just as you described.
Do you find cbd helps with sleep? I have also a 1:18 cbd strain coming in the mail.

2 Likes

Your gonna love the Mighty+
I vape cbd and thc at 415 degrees F
The vape I got was a planet of the vapes, one a few years ago to see if I like vaping.
I use a water pipe adapter and I really like it.
I vape at a higher temp because I want bigger clouds and this tiny vape is limited.
With the mighty+ you should not have an issue getting nice big clouds.
The lower the temp the more terps are available to taste.
Once it starts tasting ā€œnuttyā€ Its spent and I load another chamber.

3 Likes

I do find it helps with sleep. CBD makes my muscles feel nice and relaxed. Easier to sleep when I donā€™t feel tense or restless. :sleeping:

2 Likes

Can I get a ā€˜seed recommendationā€™ for a high CBD cultivar?
Everything I have tried was either shitty to grow or made boy flowers.
The last of the ā€˜Chocolate CBDā€™ seeds is one ugly seedling, will give it a chance but would love to find something that grows well in zone 9ā€¦the ā€˜shitty to growā€™ part could be entirely ā€˜meā€™.

2 Likes

AC/DC is a great high cbd, low thc strain

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes I vape CBD flower through a DBV. I just turn it up all the way and blow clouds haha never really experimented with lower temps with the CBD dominant stuffā€¦ I think cbd takes a higher temp to vaporize than THC though

2 Likes

Great question, and I actually havenā€™t grown myself any CBD flower yet. Iā€™ve always ordered it online. Got myself several bag seeds though so Iā€™m planning to try growing CBD someday.

Like @OrganicGorilla said AC/DC is supposed to be really good. Iā€™ve heard great things about Cannatonic and Harlequin as well.

My daytime go-to is a ā€œsativaā€ strain called Lifter :weight_lifting_man: It tastes like berries and gives me a decent boost of mental & physical energy. All time favorite CBD strain Iā€™ve tried is Cherry Butter, itā€™s extremely relaxing and mellow. Tried it from multiple cultivators and the Cherry Butter is great every time :cherries: :butter:

3 Likes

Check out Hoku Seeds. Lots of alt cannabinoid seeds. Also Ace Seeds has CBD #1 which was bred using labs and looks really nice.

3 Likes

I second Hoku seed Co.
I did a grow log last summer with one of their cultivars. I also hear good things about High Alpine genetics but never grew any of their plants.

3 Likes

Iā€™m waiting for a friend to harvest his Candida Cd-1 plant in a couple weeks. He reversed it for S1 feminized seeds. How many I get depends upon how many he gets. The Candida is a 20:1 CBD / THC strain usually running around 20% CBD / 1% THC.

1 Like

I donā€™t really vape CBD but I smoke CBD flower often. I like to mix it with regular weed, sometimes up to 50/50 or 60/40 CBD flower. I like it for when I donā€™t want to get too stoned, or I just want to relax. I also smoke pure CBD flower at times. Usually mix it though.

Hoku is great. Iā€™ve ordered from them a number of times.

My current favorite is Elli Hou Farms. Their deals on ā€œsmallsā€ is the best deal Iā€™ve found.

1/4 lb. for $40! and the buds are a decent size. No shake. Mostly dime to quarter size buds. Good quality flower too.

If anyone knows of any similar deals, please share! I love trying new CBD flower. But I donā€™t like paying regular weed prices. I am well aware thereā€™s some really good quality CBD flower out there for higher prices. Iā€™ve ordered the higher end indoor stuff. But for my use the outdoor flower is fine. The Elli Hou flower quality is very good. Tasty, not harsh or dried out. Nicely cured, still sticky. And for the price I can use flower to make concentrates, edibles, tinctures, etc.

Edit - oops sorry I just realized the discussion on Hoku was for buying seeds, not flower. My bad!
Iā€™d still like to know of any good deals out thereā€¦ lol

3 Likes

I have used a crafty+ for 4 years and I love it.

I keep it fully packed so when I use it on the hottest setting it goes itā€™ll slowly go through the different cannabinoids as they reach their boiling points as I hit it while itā€™s heating

I think cbg vapes at 330f, thc at 350, and cbd at 380 or so, and I can tell when I get one but not another during warmup.

I let it get as hot as it goes for things like cbc and cbt, which will be left in your cooked buds since they vape at or above the hottest the crafty and mighty go. I figure the little bit of extra battery usage it takes to use the hottest setting is worth it for vaping any phytochemicals and the reclaim that condenses in the mouth piece above the oven.

I use a mix of cbg, thc, and cbd (that is the vaping order by temperature) buds and extracts with it and I couldnā€™t be more satisfied except with the lithium battery technology, which of course isnā€™t storz and Bickelā€™s fault.

They thankfully replaced my crafty a few months shy of the end of the 3 year warranty last year due to the charger connection being too worn to stay charging if the cable was slightly nudged. The battery was only holding one bowl worth of charge by then but I used it every day for almost three years as well.

A battery replacement is $75 I think but they replaced mine no questions asked with the newer model because of the charge connector and I love them for it!

Enjoy! :grinning:

1 Like

I use mycbdhaven.com for extracts because they have great customer service and the best prices I know.

Very medicinal and unmaterialistic approach to the plant we love.

The website is messed up at the moment I think, they said to email them to order until they fix it. I get cbg, cbd, d8thc and d9thco from them and couldnā€™t be happier!

2 Likes

speaking of reputable places to get extracts,gilded extracts is my personal fave. I hecking love their CBD disty from hau processing . Its got this nice hempy smell to it and enhances the overall dull effects of d8 and HHC.

If im making a 4 gram batch for a disposable ill usually toss in .5 or less of cbd, if I added a gram it might start blocking the high lol.

My last blend which I enjoyed quite well was 1g d8, 1.5g HHC, .25 CBGO, .5 cbd , .1 HHCP and some terps. In regards to the phorol noid HHCP, It was quite strong, now that its not in my blends anymore I kind of miss it lol. it Added a nice cerebral boost to the high that lasted quite a while, and could easily switch to a super stony indica if you smoked enough.

If I were to change anything about the blend id do : 1g D9THCO, .5 d8, .5 HHC, .5 HHCO , .5 cbd , .25 cbgo, .25 hhcv, .1 HHCP, .1 d9THCP , .2 d8 THCH ā€¦ Talk about a noid soup.

Let me know if you need any hemp products. Iā€™m always looking for testers. I have full spectrum CBD extract from my indoor plants and all the synthetics if thatā€™s your thing. Also lots of last years indoor flower and seeds

2 Likes

Iā€™d be more than happy to help!

Can I dm you?