Who's ready for 2020 outdoor season?

Best wishes on all the outdoor grows.

A little inspiration… (2017)

(Be careful what you wish for! My wish became a nightmare. Lol)

12 Likes

Mother in Law grows Green Crack in the middle of the AZ desert… seems to be pretty hearty plant!

3 Likes

That is good to know. Not sure if your username indicates that you are from the central coast? I used to live over there back when I grew indoor.

I am now more in central CA where temps can regularly be triple digits for days on end. Never had to worry about any of that indoor but if she can pull that off, I should be able to as well.

I appreciate it!

Hell yeah! Welcome fellow Cali grower! I’m in So Cal too! I’ve had bud rot and powdery mildew issues on early flowering varieties aka indicas, but had great success on hybrids and long ass sativas!

2 Likes

Yes sir! This will be my first outdoor grow so I tried to search for something that will be nice and hardy. I’ve got some LSD on the way that I will be testing out for this outdoor experiment.

It was recommended to me as being rather resistant to those and pretty easygoing. Hoping that it goes well.

Not being able to control my environment as much scares me haha.

2 Likes

It’s Miss Meesh :wink:

Make sure you stock up on BT! The caterpillars are motherf**kers. Start spraying from the first flower every damn week until they finish. Trust me on this one.

You can check out my last years grow from start to finish and this years grow in the outdoor growing category. Obviously no plants started yet this year, but I’m doing my soil amendments and trellis builds on it at the moment before planting time.

9 Likes

Thank you for that info Miss Meesh!

When do you anticipate you will plant this year?

2 Likes

Start seeds around april, get them in the ground once I sex them. I’m gonna try to take cuttings, bring them inside and light deprive them until they show sex. I said try though, it will be the first time I tried it. If not then as soon as they show sex approx beginning of July. I’m hoping I can make this work, I use no artificial lights at all. Everything happens in the sun for this lady. :smile: I have some fem seeds, but not all.

3 Likes

If you put them in the ground April 1st they may prematurely bud. Don’t think there are enough daylight hours at that point.

1 Like

Really?, I had them planted by march last year, straight from its starter trays into the ground. It shocked them and they took almost 2 weeks to recover before they started really growing. I was going to try and get the roots more established this time see if that would have less of an effect when transplanting. I live on the Central Coast in SLO county. Right now we are getting about 12+ hours (7am to 7pm ish) and I have pretty much have direct sun from sunrise to sunset. What should I look for? These were started from seed and kept in the pretty much same place so it would not have to adapt from inside/ outside and to the cold nights…

1 Like

It is possible. It happened to me. I’m on the coast 20 miles west of LA. If you are gonna go for it though, I’d wait until the equinox at least. Cannabis is a summer flowering annual. Best to start summer plants in the spring outdoors, They’ll get 75% of their growth starting July - August. I’m not even starting my seeds until sometime in April.

2 Likes

Had a bad time last year in Ontario with mold, aphids and weak genetics.

Going to try a proven (indoor) C99 in the garden and a few Mephistos in plastic pots of Promix BX, compost and Gaia Green.

2 Likes

Im not ready yet haha. My seeds run is possibly going to run into may so ill be planting late Ish but should still be in good time as im using autos and i have some photos to test outside including frisian dew, northern lights, gelato (bagseed) and one of the peyote critical that i won. So i may plant those mid april after my frost date

1 Like

I’m in new England and I just popped ten to go outside in the next 4 to 5 weeks

4 Likes

Haha. Its Stockholm SWEDEN guys. Nothing else😁

1 Like

I’m getting antsy for this year to. Have this and way to many more.

5 Likes

And the pump setup came today also!

1 Like

A little progress

10 Likes

Getting There

11 Likes