Who's running northern lights?

That awesome, I would be honored to run your gear again. Thank you @OriginalDankmaster96. I would like to do these in and out again. Im gonna be a little bolder than last year. Maybe the garden, such better airflow. I’ve been wanting to put up a hoop house, this may be the year.

2 Likes

Day 58 and she’s done

As soon as I checked a bract w seed, it popped out cleanly from casing last night, so I knew it was chopping day.

I’m gonna say 1/4 lb on yield, but I’ll take a pic of actual weight when dry

20 Likes

I have a NL#2 from Authentic Genetics in a Solo cup right now. Only 7 days from sprout so no pictures yet. Hoping for a girl with that old school flavor I remember from the late 80s but I’ll be happy either way.

8 Likes

Yeah, I think you’ll get what you’re looking for. To me this SMELLS like that old school NL. I like it much better than #5

5 Likes

I reasonably got a pack of #5 from coyote bridge builder wet but no such luck with any survivors .
Don’t believe it was breeder error it was when I was on my seed killing spree . Grower screw up.

Authentic Genetics NL#2, day 58 since flip. Here she is, warts and all.

About day 45 she started tanking on me, most of the fans went yellow and dropped over the course of about 48 hours. I posted a pic earlier in this thread about 3 weeks ago and she looked strong, so not sure of the csuse. EC 1 - 1.2, and rockwool so I don’t have any build up in my block. Its been a fairly fast plant, so maybe it was just giving up the ghost earlier than I anticipated.

Anyway, here She is, like I said, warts and all. Oh, I am getting pine on finger rub, but overall still not much smell.

19 Likes

Ph issue maybe?

1 Like

I’ve had all milky trichs at day 50 from seed before. clones can get very quick, which is nice because I like mine pretty ripe. if you can, give it a nice long cure :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Regarding ph SS, I’m pretty anal about that, including monthly calibration, but the damage would be consistent with your suggestion. It’s a community reservoir and I’ve got other strains in the tent plugging along without issue so I dunno. Wish I would’ve got more females so id have a better idea of if it’s me or them. I’ve got a few seeds left but I doubt I’ll get to them anytime soon.

3 Likes

Do you double check the meters accurately against ph strips , I’ve had meters f up in the past ?
Ph run off could be whacked but ph in is right.

3 Likes

Good suggestion, I need to do that.

One way I do confirm is I have a Hannah Halo wireless ph probe, I can insert it directly into my slab and it logs ph to an app, literally one reading per second. I can watch it while I drip feed, and you can see the ph go down as your new solution makes it’s way through the rockwool and pushes the old nutes down/out (Ph always rises in rockwool between feeds, it’s the nature of the beast). I generally pull it out if I start seeing problems, and I did it this time too. But it was showing numbers about what I expected if I remember correctly. But something clearly went wrong somewhere, and l’m likely the cause of it :grin:

5 Likes

@PlantShepherd Gave an unnamed sample to our oldest, he stuck his nose in the jar, popped back up, and said “Northern Lights?” I think you nailed it!

A little piney, a little skunky… kinda like some alleged G13 he used to pilfer from me when I grew outside.

I wish I could smell :frowning:

It had hung for 2 weeks, then cured for another 2. Said it wasn’t as strong as the SSDD I usually have, but very nicely mellow. He wanted more :yum:

And, it’s not done yet!

15 Likes

Haha! That’s freaking great Horse! It really makes my day when people are like, yep smells just like NL when I was a kid! Probably not the strongest stuff you will smoke, but I think the quality of the high is really super nice. (my opinion anyway).

Thank you for the update! I needed some good news today. I hope you get your smell back soon! :pray:

7 Likes

The 1989 NL5 “noof cut” x BCSC NL5 I ran was like forest floor & black pepper. Definitely notes of pine but more complex deep forest notes. I used her and crossed her w Sakura. Wish I had a solid male bc I would’ve furthered the line, and I lost the cut. But I do have G13/Hashplant x NL1, NL2 x 88G13/HP, Chernobyl x BCSC NL5, and ‘89 NL5 noof x Snow Lotus.
I’m always looking for that old school pine & juniper NL. Once I have the proper space I’ll run through all of those to first F2 them, and then make proper outcrosses accordingly.

NL is the shit.

11 Likes

Yup AK Bean Brains is the source of my next NL purchase

Nice work! I love this kind line

2 Likes

IF you mean like pine, mint and INCENSE note mix, my CripXmas A is just that :drooling_face:

6 Likes

@Swampthing You won’t be disappointed with NL1 from AKBB it’s some good bud & couldn’t be more “error proof” for a grower. I had no idea what i was doing, tried everything to accidentally kill it, it was my first grow & it just took it all like a champ.

8 Likes

NL2 from Authentic Genetics. Second loudest earth musk myrcene funk from my garden last year. Huge, dense, potent buds.

33 Likes

Those are gorgeous. I’m so excited to hear they turned out well as I have two going right now. Now I just have to hope at least one of them is female.

2 Likes

Nice job @GrownAtHighAltitude

1 Like