Will Illinois Be Able to Do It Finally?!

House Bill 4799 was introduced this year to make recreational growing in Illinois legal. I’d really love for this to happen as I don’t want to have to buy a medical card for $300 just to grow. Right now I’m basically running the cost benefit analysis of if I get caught, it’s just a civil infraction with a $200 fine. Since that’s still cheaper than buying from a dispensary, it’s worth it.

I’d rather they stop catering to the big businesses and just let people grow a legal plant.

A little frustrated that the bill has been sitting around for a couple months now just waiting for the Rules Committee to push it forward. Unfortunately, no scheduled hearings for the Rules Committee anytime soon.

Hoping that we Illinoisans get this passed so that we can grow freely in the Land of Lincoln.

14 Likes

Provides that an Illinois resident 21 years of age or older (rather than a registered qualifying patient) who cultivates more than the allowable number of cannabis plants, or who sells or gives away cannabis plants, cannabis, or cannabis-infused products produced under this provision, is liable for penalties as provided by law, including the Cannabis Control Act (deletes in addition to loss of home cultivation privileges as established by rule).

Ouch on the bold there! But otherwise i’m all for it. As-is most doctors here won’t even give medical cards. They’d much rather sell you opiates instead.

I think the only other stipulation I saw in that bill is a requirement to buy the seeds from a Dispensary :eyes:

The original legislation was everyone could grow 20 plants. Been waiting for that to come back up :joy:

9 Likes

The black market is strong in Illinois. The Governor and the state lawmakers have made sure of it with their greed for money.
They obviously don’t know the first thing about how to make money selling pot.

I can only imagine how much dispensaries will charge for seeds under this provision.

I wouldn’t worry too much about getting caught growing… unless you’re the type of person who can’t wait to tell others that you grow cannabis.

2 Likes

The black market in Chicagoland is absolutely better than the dispensaries. Cheaper…far more expensive than the shit my friend downstairs gets me…$100 a half oz. Thats comparable to the lousy Mexican brick weed we survived on from Christmas to September in. The 80s

1 Like

I have a lot of homies in chi
I always find it funny when one of their friends wants to try my pot until they find out how much it is

1 Like

Can you grow Hemp CBD that’s big out here. Lable it whatever CBD strain. What are they gonna do test it on a small personal grow. That’s only if you blow your spot. CBD is just our good buddy always around. lol. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, lol. California was a real wake up call for me in the early 80s. We’d do a car 69 and pass mass joints all around. We’d get so high and just jump put of the cars to dance. This was around Placerville. God I miss that town and those times…

1 Like

15 years later, I was mod/admin at the OG OG for whatever that was worth lolololol

2 Likes

7 Likes

We can’t be sitting around waiting for it to pass so we decided to grow…I have 3 different towns growing my Vietnam Thunder Fuck and Jenny Kush strains this year…

Last year’s crop harvest…Matanuska Thunder Head

7 Likes

Hell yeah!

1 Like

Nice trees! You have Jenny Kush? From Rare Dankness? :thinking:

1 Like

No, it’s a strain that I bred/created.

Homemade Strains Thread

2 Likes

Cool! What’s the lineage?

2 Likes

Exactly! Biggest laugh of the day! Thanks dude.

1 Like

It’s Purple Kush lineage

1 Like