WMoon518's Garden

Sorry folks. Had to take a little break for a while, domestic situation. Had to clear my head an do a bit of "walkabout’ to return to an even keel. Thanks for the concern.

Am going to put off the plans for the moment, but am still going to put some plants along the house. Expecting rain tomorrow and Wednesday, will probably till it up on Friday (my little lovelies are getting a bit big for the cells so I have to get them out.

Going to try to get some clover in the other areas so they will be ready in April (if I am). Still have to remove most of the dirt from the raised area by the block wall, but am going to leave it deep in the wider section in the back for sweet potatoes.

My main problem is my father. He is getting worse and any change in his environment throws him into apoplexy. I just think I have to move slowly to keep domestic bliss.

Talked to his neurologist the other day and while he does not prescribe cannabis for Alzheimer’s, he has also seen some of the few studies out there and sees some benefit, so I am going to start to give him some tincture, with the doctors blessing, and see if that helps at all. We’ll see.

5 Likes

Nice to see you back! Sorry about your Dad. Alzheimer’s is heartbreaking. You do what you need to do, Buddy. We’re here for you when you need us.

2 Likes

Thanks, Meesh. Much appreciated.

3 Likes

@Sebring do you have any contacts/info for MMJ strains & alzheimers?

:v:

:evergreen_tree: (crowdsourcing) :wink:

1 Like

Could use all the help I can get. Called his doc about a week ago and told him he was getting aggressive, so he doubled his “feel good” pills. Have also been trying to give him a few drops of tincture I made with @ReikoX’s Divyder (real kick ass stuff - thanks) but Mom makes his dinner up and she keeps forgetting to add it. Besides, I know what it does to me when I take it a decent amount of it or vape it and he doesn’t need to pass out. That is why when I notice the Green Crack on every bodies list and it was sativa dominant, I figured I would look for some. Anyone who has any experience, advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

The only info I have for alzeihmers is that they’ll need a THC/CBD combo for best results. I’d get him on a 1:1 dosage as somewhere to start. It’s the most likely ratio that will help and it’s easy to create with just CBD product and THC product. If it’s not helping enough I’d start adding more CBD at 2 week intervals until he’s responding better.

Research for both CBD and THC have shown positive effects, hence the reasoning behind needing to mix them for the best results.

6 Likes

Thanks @Sebring, will give that a try. Going to make some more CBD tincture this weekend with an ounce of Cherry Hemp I have.

BTW… have some nice Earth Lover and Dragon Tongue about a week and a half old. Both look good and will hopefully get them settled by Sunday.

4 Likes

So, I decided to resurrect this thread for this years growing season. Got some good tips from @Meesh and @cannabissequoia so I feel it might be a productive season, for both vegetables and “herb” (well bummer - seems the emojis aren’t working)

Any way, put a bunch of different seed in some water to soak (most are old so rather than have to replace, I want to try to get them to pop.

BTW… If any one knows of a good mini pumpkin, I would appreciate a shout. Tried “Wee Bee” the year before last and they were a bust. Want to trellis them so need a light weight one.

4 Likes

Someone on here talked about soaking seeds in H202 overnight. Especially with older seeds

The best part of “mainlining” cough syrup, all those wonderful little cups. I read that and actually put a drop or two in all the seeds I soak. These seed got a “bit” more.

1 Like

Did you get over to the beach & pick up the grab bag I left?

:evergreen_tree:

No, not yet. Was going to wait until the confrey started busting out, but it is just starting to grow. I figured I would try starting what I had here. Will probably look at stopping over in the near future, but I have time to try these, first. Should know what will grow by the Ides, so I can get to the “grab bag” and see what I need to replace, and have things in the ground by Fools Day.

I still have to work the beds and build the trellising for the running type stuff (beans, tomatoes, etc). Slow going, but I am determined to get things going this year. Also going to try to enlist the kids next door to help out. Never too early to be inspired to grow.

2 Likes

Exactly. :wink: Beat the winter away!

There’s a bunch of stuff there…can’t recall what exactly but flowers, tomato, melon, etc…some trinidad scorpion peppers i think. :hot_pepper: :tomato: :melon: :sunflower:

Spring sprang here…already watering with the hose… time to kill weeds for about 4 months… :unamused:

2 Likes

@Meesh
Decided I would go with “regular” sage with the sunflowers. They have the same spread and are only about 6in higher. Hate not having those blueish purple flowers (common has pale purple flowers) but since I am doing coriander and chicory by the driveway, I figured I would keep to the “edible” theme.

Still have no idea what bushes to use along the front of the house. Would be nice if I could find a 6 footer that was covertly edible too (don’t want folks munchin’ on my bushes).

Put a dozen sunflower seeds in pots today. that should be all I need, so I should a 20 or so for you.

BTW… got 4 out of 5 popped on my DBHP. Hope to keep one as a mother and make some Fem seeds. Should get at least one good female out of the lot (hopefully).

Edit… Make that 5 out of 5!!!

Hey, can anyone tell me why Emojis are no longer working for me???

2 Likes

Maybe italian cypress or juniper? Gin factory? :wink:

Gin… NO WAY!!! Vodka baby!!!

1 Like

Then potato barrels or Corn rows. :laughing:

2 Likes

What about Hibiscus for bushes?

1 Like

It’s a possibility. Can’t seem to find a picture of a “bush” to see how it grows, only the flowers. Maybe if I can get a lavender/light purple or blue.

https://www.tnnursery.net/hibiscus-plants-for-sale/